• Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Women, Linux, Computing - In that Order.
  • Devices:Razr Maxx
  • Twitter:@xlightwaverx
stock comes with start menu mapping to mainmenu.exe. all you need is the start dll and mainmenu.

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
Posted Image

ultralight23

ultralight23

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

stock comes with start menu mapping to mainmenu.exe. all you need is the start dll and mainmenu.

X

Link?
Thanks

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Devices:i920 Omnia 2

So X, when you installed the Korean main menu does it automatically attach itself to the start icon? That'd be cool if it did for this noob. Also, whenever i do close MMAppLauncher its never froze up my phone but i do get a pop up window asking me if i do because "it may be associated with the start icon". The only time it does freeze up is when you say you tap on the start icon which is true but that also happened with Qmenu. The LockLevelPatch.mscr seems to lag my phone more than anything.

However all this being said i've always liked Main Menu, not so much the Start Menu, primarily because it is customizable. I'd love to have that in this ROM with the caveat of having the Today icon as well (possible?).

Amd, any way you can make icon shortcuts for some of the needed samsung settings; i.e., tv out, usb/activesync to mass storage, backlight, etc., so we can have them in the main menu instead? or are they directly associated with samsung settings. Sounds cool but also sounds daunting.

How far along is the next update?

soon enough, I fixed mms, but broke album (picture viewing).

I'm putting samsung settings back in as I don't have the knowledge to do every settings shortcut (yet).

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
google fastest mainmenu.exe

im still at work.

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
Posted Image

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
Check it!

tedkord

tedkord

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Devices:SCH-i920

So X, when you installed the Korean main menu does it automatically attach itself to the start icon? That'd be cool if it did for this noob. Also, whenever i do close MMAppLauncher its never froze up my phone but i do get a pop up window asking me if i do because "it may be associated with the start icon". The only time it does freeze up is when you say you tap on the start icon which is true but that also happened with Qmenu. The LockLevelPatch.mscr seems to lag my phone more than anything.

However all this being said i've always liked Main Menu, not so much the Start Menu, primarily because it is customizable. I'd love to have that in this ROM with the caveat of having the Today icon as well (possible?).

Amd, any way you can make icon shortcuts for some of the needed samsung settings; i.e., tv out, usb/activesync to mass storage, backlight, etc., so we can have them in the main menu instead? or are they directly associated with samsung settings. Sounds cool but also sounds daunting.

How far along is the next update?

I was using this mainmenu for a time, but not since I went back to SPB MS3.5 - just no need for one. Now, I just use Arto's start menu remover, then reenable the X and Windows buttons.

XTask/XHook have a function for attaching any app you want to the Windows start menu button. I was using that to map this korean main menu to it, and it worked like a charm. I was using the version that mapped the center bottom button on the main menu to the task switcher, and it was nice. The only thing I didn't like was the X button couldn't be set to close the main menu out, only to minimize it. I had to shut it down with task switcher or task manager. It does take about 3mb of RAM when it's active.

Samsung Omnia II SCH-i920 with AMDZero's DG21 ZeroSense ROM

the sandman

the sandman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i920
AMD, the new Sense rom is awesome! It's fast and everything works very well. After setting everything up and using it for a few hours the RAM settles at around 60mb which is good for a sense rom

The only problem i noticed is with the messaging, the Send button is written in Chinese. It still works tho

Samsung Omnia II i920

tedkord

tedkord

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Devices:SCH-i920

AMD, the new Sense rom is awesome! ...The only problem i noticed is with the messaging, the Send button is written in Chinese. It still works tho

It's probably best that we all start learning chinese, anyway. It's only a matter of time...

Samsung Omnia II SCH-i920 with AMDZero's DG21 ZeroSense ROM

the sandman

the sandman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

It's probably best that we all start learning chinese, anyway. It's only a matter of time...

I hope I die before that time comes...

In the Sense rom, i get a notification and a sound every time i send a message. I tried searching but all the solutions didnt work. Any one know how to disable it?

Samsung Omnia II i920

Robtao

Robtao

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Devices:6700, 6800, Omnia 910

I was using this mainmenu for a time, but not since I went back to SPB MS3.5 - just no need for one. Now, I just use Arto's start menu remover, then reenable the X and Windows buttons.

XTask/XHook have a function for attaching any app you want to the Windows start menu button. I was using that to map this korean main menu to it, and it worked like a charm. I was using the version that mapped the center bottom button on the main menu to the task switcher, and it was nice. The only thing I didn't like was the X button couldn't be set to close the main menu out, only to minimize it. I had to shut it down with task switcher or task manager. It does take about 3mb of RAM when it's active.

I am letting AEButton Plus connect my Center button (1 press) take me to Main Menu. I am not familiar with Xtask/Xhook. Maybe I should give that a try?

SmartLock is new to me, and pretty cool, also.

I am finding this ROM, and this thread a real breath of fresh air. Thanks to all.

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Yeah I saw that this morning. I was like wtf! Then I realized I used a chinese message package to make mms to work.oh well, later on I'll upload the correct image/mui file.

I built this rom for my wife, as she is now the owner of my omnia 2. I really like the facebook integration in this rom.

Keep up the error reporting so I can fix them and release a sense kitchen.

EDIT: Image file is uploaded to first post.

Edited by amdzero, 20 January 2011 - 04:17 AM.

nvrmind

nvrmind

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
It looks like the gsensor still isn't working.

sixstrings

sixstrings

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia
AMD!!! you've done it again!! Another sense rom that i'm loving!!! Everything seems to be smooth except for the gsensor. Great job bro. By the way, is there anyway to get the facebook tab on here?

Robtao

Robtao

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Remove the Start Menu! Boots to 112, Settles to 104/105. I might just throw MainMenu back into mine, well, the Korean version.

I think Ninja4hire NinjaMenu is the Korean version plus a colored Windows 6.5 Menu icon on the left. Black background. Working for me.

Attached Files

Edited by Robtao, 20 January 2011 - 06:48 PM.

Robtao

Robtao

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

It looks like the gsensor still isn't working.

Is that why the sensor Calibration won't finish?

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

AMD!!! you've done it again!! Another sense rom that i'm loving!!! Everything seems to be smooth except for the gsensor. Great job bro. By the way, is there anyway to get the facebook tab on here?

I removed rotation support from this rom to begin with, as I didn't want my phone to rotate... ever. But now I see that I need it for my pictures to "right" themselves when using the camera. I'll search for what I removed and see about putting it back in.

nvrmind

nvrmind

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

I removed rotation support from this rom to begin with, as I didn't want my phone to rotate... ever. But now I see that I need it for my pictures to "right" themselves when using the camera. I'll search for what I removed and see about putting it back in.

That's the biggest place I missed it... but the games that use the gsensor help to keep the kids occupied to (I, of course, never play games on my phone... HA).

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

I think Ninja4hire NinjaMenu is the Korean version plus a colored Windows 6.5 Menu icon on the left. Black background. Working for me.

Oh that Ninja... I dunno. The graphics seem quite different. It might be a mainmenu from another Omnia like ROM. When I ResEdit'd the executable, I didn't see any of those graphics that I could change, but then again, I might need a better ResEditor.

If someone figures it out, or if Ninja comes on, can someone post the answer...??

X

Posted Image

the sandman

the sandman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Adding a new appointment with sense calendar tab doesn't work

Samsung Omnia II i920

werever

werever

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:omnia 2 i920

Yeah I saw that this morning. I was like wtf! Then I realized I used a chinese message package to make mms to work.oh well, later on I'll upload the correct image/mui file.

I built this rom for my wife, as she is now the owner of my omnia 2. I really like the facebook integration in this rom.

Keep up the error reporting so I can fix them and release a sense kitchen.

EDIT: Image file is uploaded to first post.

sorry for the dumb question but this is the first time i installed a sense ROM (btw is awesome like all your ROMs) but i don't know about that facebook integration do i need to download the facebook tab or something?

thanks

and to my opinion the power calc is fine and the original winmo start menu is fine also

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users