add.thebad

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Interests:Android and disliking apple
  • Devices:Motorola Defy (+ Pulse)
  • Twitter:@adam.gypo
i have heard alot of hate for moto blur reading reviews on tech blogs and in forums which has always put me off a motorola. however now i have the defy i actually think that blur improves the android experience since its not massivly skinned and you can still tell its android but with a few nicer tweaks

granted the home screens are a heap of s*** but nothing that cant be solved but .ADW launcher and the new ex is phenomenal
also ive heard it is a bit of a data hogger but just set it to wi fi only and job done

appart from that their are alot of nice improvments over stock
  • I think the social network intergration is brilliant and better and easyer than stock
  • plus the keyboard is much better than stock and better than gingerbreads aswell
  • the usb managment is better
  • stock wi fi teathering
  • i think nicer lock screen
  • better camera app
  • better sync with computer and that in browser thing is very nice
all in all i think moto have done a nice job and dont think it deserves the bad stick it gets

what are your thaughts?

Cheers Adam

Watch my defy go for a swim!!

Moto Defy CM7 :o :o :D Advent vega 2.4
T-Mobile pulse CM6
Posted Image

Rickardo

Rickardo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Defy, HTC Touch Pro2

what are your thaughts?

I must admit, I didn't really give it a chance since all the reviews I read slagged it off, so I never set up my motoblur account - I installed LauncherPro and then set up my work email (still can't believe how poor the exchange implementation is coming from WinMo, i.e. no sub-folder notification, 2 week limit to email sync and no search of server etc) etc manually. I have tried Touchdown but don't see why I should pay for what I consider basic smartphone functionality.

I do wonder what I am missing - I think I use moto's calender and notes widgets, Swype and the camera app (I assume as I haven't changed that) but that's about it, I think. Oh and I think the moto portal thing is ok too.

Anything else I should try or should I factory reset and give motoblur a try 'whole hog' to see for myself?

nvkid909

nvkid909

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Well, I like moto stuff but this is my first Android so dunno what I'm comparing to. Actually I'm a bit confused as to what motoblur is, aside from joining the darkside (google), using what's available on the device, & getting apps off the market. I don't have facebook or other such bollox, but apparently, motoblur will be keeping up with social networking trends (?) so I wouldn't mind seeing a stumbleupon widget, like there is already a last.fm one.

Calendar & contacts sync are fine, once people get their heads round 'the cloud' way of doing things. Surely Google is more of a concern than motoblur?

I find motoblur unobtrusive & transparent, maybe people are whining about it just for the sake of it? All I know is, I bought a motorola.

add.thebad

add.thebad

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Interests:Android and disliking apple
  • Devices:Motorola Defy (+ Pulse)
  • Twitter:@adam.gypo
tbh i kinda take it back now!

im running a de blured rom and dont miss it at all
still its not as bas as what reviewers make out and for a casual non geek user its probably good to have!

Cheers Adam

Watch my defy go for a swim!!

Moto Defy CM7 :o :o :D Advent vega 2.4
T-Mobile pulse CM6
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users