am i the only one who likes moto blur?

Guest add.thebad

Guest add.thebad

i have heard alot of hate for moto blur reading reviews on tech blogs and in forums which has always put me off a motorola. however now i have the defy i actually think that blur improves the android experience since its not massivly skinned and you can still tell its android but with a few nicer tweaks

granted the home screens are a heap of s*** but nothing that cant be solved but .ADW launcher and the new ex is phenomenal

also ive heard it is a bit of a data hogger but just set it to wi fi only and job done

appart from that their are alot of nice improvments over stock

1. I think the social network intergration is brilliant and better and easyer than stock
  2. plus the keyboard is much better than stock and better than gingerbreads aswell
  3. the usb managment is better
  4. stock wi fi teathering
  5. i think nicer lock screen
  6. better camera app
  7. better sync with computer and that in browser thing is very nice
all in all i think moto have done a nice job and dont think it deserves the bad stick it gets

what are your thaughts?

Guest Rickardo
what are your thaughts?

I must admit, I didn't really give it a chance since all the reviews I read slagged it off, so I never set up my motoblur account - I installed LauncherPro and then set up my work email (still can't believe how poor the exchange implementation is coming from WinMo, i.e. no sub-folder notification, 2 week limit to email sync and no search of server etc) etc manually. I have tried Touchdown but don't see why I should pay for what I consider basic smartphone functionality.

I do wonder what I am missing - I think I use moto's calender and notes widgets, Swype and the camera app (I assume as I haven't changed that) but that's about it, I think. Oh and I think the moto portal thing is ok too.

Anything else I should try or should I factory reset and give motoblur a try 'whole hog' to see for myself?

• 1 month later...
Guest nvkid909

Well, I like moto stuff but this is my first Android so dunno what I'm comparing to. Actually I'm a bit confused as to what motoblur is, aside from joining the darkside (google), using what's available on the device, & getting apps off the market. I don't have facebook or other such bollox, but apparently, motoblur will be keeping up with social networking trends (?) so I wouldn't mind seeing a stumbleupon widget, like there is already a last.fm one.

Calendar & contacts sync are fine, once people get their heads round 'the cloud' way of doing things. Surely Google is more of a concern than motoblur?

I find motoblur unobtrusive & transparent, maybe people are whining about it just for the sake of it? All I know is, I bought a motorola.

Guest add.thebad

tbh i kinda take it back now!

im running a de blured rom and dont miss it at all

still its not as bas as what reviewers make out and for a casual non geek user its probably good to have!