[MOD] [2011-02-12] 0x90 Mod final version

Guest 0x90

the GPS in the pulldown menu does not work, i tried to reboot several times, it does not change the state of the GPS itself.

Does the gps in the normal widget work for you?

Can this be installed over kallt_kaffe new services.zip

Updated services.zip for multi colour charging LED

or do they need to be combined in some way?

Not at the moment. But I will probably make a update to support it later.

BTW. Version r2 is released ;)

Edited by 0x90

Guest Frankish
The problem with themes are that they are to unreliable at the moment. I sometimes get bootloops when flashing a theme, etc.

I want to keep this mod stable. I wont include a theme until a better method of making themes is available.

Are you joking? If the right theme is flashed over the right rom and it is all signed with the right key then there are no problems. Yeah my themes for JJ may cause boot loops but that's due to me test signing the themes, kallte not signing his for ages then deciding to platform sign them. When i re do my themes for JJ there will be no boot loops at all. And there are definitely no boot loops on my themes for Pauls rom. Both platform signed.

If you want my current themes to work 100% on JJ then extract the zip, platform sign and rezip. There is nothing "wrong" or "unreliable" about them.

;)

Are you joking? If the right theme is flashed over the right rom and it is all signed with the right key then there are no problems. Yeah my themes for JJ may cause boot loops but that's due to me test signing the themes, kallte not signing his for ages then deciding to platform sign them. When i re do my themes for JJ there will be no boot loops at all. And there are definitely no boot loops on my themes for Pauls rom. Both platform signed.

If you want my current themes to work 100% on JJ then extract the zip, platform sign and rezip. There is nothing "wrong" or "unreliable" about them.

;)

The part that is unreliable is that they dont work on the first boot and i have had problems when flashing over development releases when a theme is applied. But if correct signing fixes that i take it back.

Guest Frankish
The part that is unreliable is that they dont work on the first boot and i have had problems when flashing over development releases when a theme is applied. But if correct signing fixes that i take it back.

Yes if the current JJ themes are added to a rom zip for first boot then they will boot loop. This is due to KK not resigning his files. He finally has resigned so my future updates for that theme will work for first boot etc.

To fix it for current ones like i said. Resign with platform key or wait for my future releases...

EDIT:

Oh and on a side note, outstanding work on the stuff you're doing here. So much added functionality. Any chance of it making its way onto Pauls rom too?

For my themes the only mods i make to services.jar are colour and transparency. There are only 3 version of my services.jar too so it wouldn't be too much work for me to make sure themes work with your mod ;)

Edited by Frankish

Guest vitroid

since installing this mod I've been having random reboots, anyone have an idea of what might be causing that?

Could provide logcat if someone gives me instructions for how to extract them

since installing this mod I've been having random reboots, anyone have an idea of what might be causing that?

Could provide logcat if someone gives me instructions for how to extract them

Strangely enough i got a random reboot when i read your post. Ill look in to it and try to fix it as fast as possible.

Do you use r1 or r2?

To get a logcat log you have to download and install the android sdk on your computer.

Then make sure that "USB Debugging" is enabled in the settings. (Settings -> Application settings -> Development)

Connect the phone.

Then goto the sdk folder and write "adb logcat" in the console to get the logs from the phone.

Guest fonix232
Another way that would be better is to make a theme-switcher or something like that in the mod so we could get proper theme support.

OR, a simple addition what does not need YOUR modified services.jar, etc, but decompiles the one on phone on first run, adds your functions, and recompiles it, installs the files, then reboots. This way it is a simple APK installation and you get what you need.

Haven't tried yet (I have custom blackbar theme so I fear loosing clock) but is it a separate application or an addition to the Settings menu (á la CM Settings)? This last one would be the optimal one I think!

Guest vitroid
Strangely enough i got a random reboot when i read your post. Ill look in to it and try to fix it as fast as possible.

Do you use r1 or r2?

To get a logcat log you have to download and install the android sdk on your computer.

Then make sure that "USB Debugging" is enabled in the settings. (Settings -> Application settings -> Development)

Connect the phone.

Then goto the sdk folder and write "adb logcat" in the console to get the logs from the phone.

Just flashed r2, have been using r1 to this point. Already have android SDK installed, I'll upload logcat if you want it

edit: actually, how do I put the log into a .txt file?

Edited by vitroid

OR, a simple addition what does not need YOUR modified services.jar, etc, but decompiles the one on phone on first run, adds your functions, and recompiles it, installs the files, then reboots. This way it is a simple APK installation and you get what you need.

Haven't tried yet (I have custom blackbar theme so I fear loosing clock) but is it a separate application or an addition to the Settings menu (á la CM Settings)? This last one would be the optimal one I think!

Currently its a separate app. But my plan is to integrate it in the Settings menu. R2 supports changing the statusbar clock color from the settingsapp.

Just flashed r2, have been using r1 to this point. Already have android SDK installed, I'll upload logcat if you want it

edit: actually, how do I put the log into a .txt file?

That would be great.

Thats a good question. I dont know, i havent used windows since windows xp. But you could always copy and paste it to notepad or something like that.

Guest heavyduty00

is it possible to set the number passcode so it will automatically unlock for you when you type in the correct passcode, instead of pressing 'ok' all the time..

Guest vitroid

I am on windows xp, and I can't copy from a command prompt.

Quick googling later:

https://sites.google.com/site/androidhowto/...-to-a-text-file

I'll try making a txt file now, but wouldn't I have to get a random reboot for the logs to be useful for you?

edit: I run Japanese Jellyfish RLS8, one of the random reboots happened after a finished call.

Edited by vitroid

I cant install it i use RA-balde-v2.0.0 recovery ;)

it give me "NO signature (12 files)" and "Verification failed"

Try switching off signature verification...

Guest fonix232
Currently its a separate app. But my plan is to integrate it in the Settings menu. R2 supports changing the statusbar clock color from the settingsapp.

Yep, I saw that, but my services.jar contains some more mods ;)

Guest Rotmann

Use Softkeys or button savior for back-home-menu buttons on the screen in every app. 0x90 could you do something similar, better optimized for the blade?

Yep, I saw that, but my services.jar contains some more mods ;)

What more mods does it contain? ;) would be nice to maybe get ideas what to implement next in the mod.

have been getting partial reboots on the R1 seems to happen when the back light goes out.......

just downloaded r2 will update if it continues!

If you could. Could you please get a logcat log of when it happens? I dont seem to get random reboots very often, i have gotten 1 in 1 week of using my mod. Because of that its very hard to debug it for me.

it is in r2? :)

thanks!

Yes. Clock color selection is in r2 :D

Here is the logcat that I got, not sure if it contains anything useful, since I didn't get a random reboot yet.

Thanks for the log. But it didn't contain anything useful. You have to catch a log right after a reboot have occured.

Oh and on a side note, outstanding work on the stuff you're doing here. So much added functionality. Any chance of it making its way onto Pauls rom too?

For my themes the only mods i make to services.jar are colour and transparency. There are only 3 version of my services.jar too so it wouldn't be too much work for me to make sure themes work with your mod :)

Thanks. Yes i could make a version for pauls rom ;) would only take minutes to port it over. The main problem is that the lockscreen functions wont work because of the rotary lockscreen in the rom.