[MOD] [2011-02-12] 0x90 Mod final version

Guest 0x90

About

0x90 Mod is a mod for Japanese Jellyfish or FLB that provides extra settings/features.

Please report any bugs that you find.

I am not working on this project anymore so no new features will be added. I might fix bugs if I have time.

Updated:

Added updated untested version. Adds the following new functionality:

• Updated settings interface
  • A setting to always use volume up/down as dpad left/right.
  • Headset icon in statusbar.
  • Support for transparency in the notifications field. (If a theme is applied)
  • Setting to show/hide the clock
  • Setting to show/hide the reboot options

All features
    Lockscreen settings:
    • Music controls
    • Unlock with menu button
    • Show/Hide Clock
    • Show/Hide Date
    • Show/Hide Carrier
    • Show/Hide Status (Charging, Alarm, etc)
      • Power widget
      • Customizable power widget position
      • Possible to select statusbar clock color
      • Hide Provider text
        • Long-press back kills foreground app
        • Possible to use Volume up / down as dpad right/left at input. (With all input-methods!)
        • Long-press Volume up/down changes song when the phone is "sleeping". (Always enabled)

• Enable/Disable
          • Start time/Stop time
          • Mute sounds (Notifications)
          • Mute vibrations

Other:

[*]Reboot/Reboot to recovery

Installation

[*]Make sure you have Japanese Jellyfish installed. (Might work with all softbank 2.2 versions, but only tested with jellyfish)

[*]Download zip and put it on the sdcard.

[*]Flash it through recovery.

[*]Wipe data. (Not needed when updating from a earlier version. Might not even be needed the first time, but if you want to on the safe side wipe to be sure)

Downloads

0x90-flb-r2.3.zip (For FLB r6)

0x90-jj-r2.3.zip (For Japanese Jellyfish r9)

Untested but updated versions: (Might be unstable or some features might not work!)

0x90-flb-r8-final.zip (For FLB 8a Fixed by fiblesan to work with clockwork 3+ and fixed som string issues!) Bug: Problem when loading widgets. Have to reload them after each reboot.. Working on a fix...

0x90-jj-final.zip (For Japanese Jellyfish r9) Input buttons mod seems broken... Working on a fix.

Screenshots

post-806418-1295382866_thumb.pngpost-806418-1295382873_thumb.pngpost-806418-1295382878_thumb.png

Known issues

[*]Themes that change services.jar will remove almost all extra functionality added in this mod! To fix that apply theme first, then apply 0x90-mod!

// 0x90

Edited by 0x90

Guest aeroport

Hello. Very interesting mod.

* Is there a way to safely remove this mod in case I run into problems?

* Will there be a way to flash new versions of this mod, without having to re-install the firmware?

Hello. Very interesting mod.

* Is there a way to safely remove this mod in case I run into problems?

* Will there be a way to flash new versions of this mod, without having to re-install the firmware?

To remove it just flash it over with the original japanese jellyfish. Unsure if data-wipe is needed.

I dont know yet if updates will be supported without wiping-data. Updates should be possible without reinstalling japanese-jellyfish. Iam also unsure if data-wipe is needed, sometimes it seems to work without data-wipe when iam testing a new development version. But sometimes it works but i loose some settings.

screenshots of the added functions (lockscreen and statusbar) would be appreciated.

Screenshots added. ;)

Installed on JJ RLS 8 - so far works great and as described, will post if find any problems/bugs .

0x90, Thanks for sharing !

regards

Great. I have only tested it on my phone so all feedback is appreciated ;)

Guest eloydark
To remove it just flash it over with the original japanese jellyfish. Unsure if data-wipe is needed.

I dont know yet if updates will be supported without wiping-data. Updates should be possible without reinstalling japanese-jellyfish. Iam also unsure if data-wipe is needed, sometimes it seems to work without data-wipe when iam testing a new development version. But sometimes it works but i loose some settings.

Screenshots added. ;)

If you apply a theme and then over the theme the 0x80 mod, will it work or will it break as well?

In my case no data-wipe was necessary and as mentioned before - no problems so far ;)

Hope in the future it will be possible to have 0x90 MOD + one of the themes installed togheter.

reagrds

If you apply a theme and then over the theme the 0x80 mod, will it work or will it break as well?

Yes. That works. But you will lose some features of the theme like the statusbar clock color.

If more people want it i could make a setting in the mod so you can select the color from the settings app.

if I have:

Blue Gingerbread Colour Mod

can I install it still?

Yes. If you apply this after the theme was installed it should work. but the clock color is going to be black.

is it possible to have it set a different wallpaper to the homescreen wallpaper?

and is it still possible to set a passcode etc?

Everything works in the standard android. Its possible to disable most extra settings/features include in this mod from the Settings app.

Lockscreen Music controls wont work with the pattern lockscreen.

Edited by 0x90

In my case no data-wipe was necessary and as mentioned before - no problems so far ;)

Hope in the future it will be possible to have 0x90 MOD + one of the themes installed togheter.

reagrds

The problem with themes are that they are to unreliable at the moment. I sometimes get bootloops when flashing a theme, etc.

I want to keep this mod stable. I wont include a theme until a better method of making themes is available.

Guest heavyduty00
Yes. That works. But you will lose some features of the theme like the statusbar clock color.

If more people want it i could make a setting in the mod so you can select the color from the settings app.

Yes. If you apply this after the theme was installed it should work. but the clock color is going to be black.

Everything works in the standard android. Its possible to disable most extra settings/features include in this mod from the Settings app.

Lockscreen Music controls wont work with the pattern lockscreen.

sorry, can you tell me whether it is possible to set a different lockscreen wallpaper to the homescreen wallpaper please?

sorry, can you tell me whether it is possible to set a different lockscreen wallpaper to the homescreen wallpaper please?

Currently its not supported to set a diffrent wallpaper to the lockscreen then the homescreen.

But if more people want it i might implement it.

Guest heavyduty00
Currently its not supported to set a diffrent wallpaper to the lockscreen then the homescreen.

Omg, could you please try to make it support a different wallpaper to the lockscreen from homescreen?

I have been literally searching for the past 2 months for something like this and the only thing that remotely works is lockbot but it is unreliable and doesnt look as good as your lockscreens.

Please ! ;)

Guest IronDoc

Looks good. Couple of requests:

1. Add what release of JJ you're current mod is based on. With the rate KK releases updates, it's hard to keep track.

2. List what functionality is where. Service.jar is the only thing which would be overwritten by themes afaik, so it'd be helpful to know what is in there.

Would it be possible to have data on/off switch in status bar power widget?

EDIT: probably it's the 4th icon

EDIT2: boot loops on FLB-Froyo G2 r6

Edited by MDCFan

Guest fonix232

I guess it would be a good idea to ask kallt about implementing your CM-like binding of the options into the stock JJ, so following themes will be compatible with it, and all you have to do is to update the app and give the changed framework to kallt ;)

/* BTW This is why CM is better - it isn't separated developers working on their own, but a well coordinated team with tasks */

Guest Cardyology

I use a plain blank White homescreen wallpaper on JJrls8 but the lock screen wallpaper is still a plain grey colour. Even after installing this mod. I've been trying to get both the same plain White home screen & background for a while now.

The music controls don't seem to work, plus it removed a small mod I'd installed to the power button options to add a reboot I found. I re-installed e reboot patch & it's back working.

Other than that, the power control in notification blind is amazing! Thanks very much.

I want to use the music controls, it'd be nice if they could control spotify! Just ply/pause & skip track.

Thanks fir the great mod, its very promising.

Guest logigamer

if will be black, will not be seen I think ;)

Guest IronDoc
I use a plain blank White homescreen wallpaper on JJrls8 but the lock screen wallpaper is still a plain grey colour. Even after installing this mod. I've been trying to get both the same plain White home screen & background for a while now.

The music controls don't seem to work, plus it removed a small mod I'd installed to the power button options to add a reboot I found. I re-installed e reboot patch & it's back working.

Other than that, the power control in notification blind is amazing! Thanks very much.

I want to use the music controls, it'd be nice if they could control spotify! Just ply/pause & skip track.

Thanks fir the great mod, its very promising.

If you look inside that zip I think you'll find Frankish modified services.jar to make that button. It shouldn't really surprise you that overwriting it removes the button ;)

If you're feeling adventurous you can try and diff them to combine them (Frankish has started a guide).

Edited by IronDoc