1. Install "Terminal Emulator", if you already have, go to step 2.
Search in Market and Install it.
2. Root your V9. (If you already root it, go to step 3.)
1) Install the com.modaco.visionaryplus.r14.apk - http://android.modac...one-click-root/
2) Ensure you didn't install "Universal Androot" before. If you did, run "Universal Androot",
then select "unroot". (reboot and uninstall "Universal Androot")
3) Backup your important data such as sms and contacts. (normally no need, I always synchronize contacts with my account)
4) Reboot your phone. (optional)
5) Suggest: Run task manager, kill all the apps, ensure enough memory and CPU time
6) Run "VISIONary +".
7) Select "Run Visionary.sh after root" and "set system r/w root".
8) Run "Temproot now", and wait for the program success.
9) Now you should have temporary ROOT permission. Go to run "Terminal Emulator", input "su", if return "#", you succeed.
otherwise run "Temproor Now" again and again, anyway you will succeed.
10) Run "Attempt Permroot now", wait, the phone will reboot by itself.
11) Check your phone, terminal emulator, you can input "su" to act as root now. This is a permanent solution for ROOT.
here is the original link for Root:
3. Change to Integrated Font file.
1) Download this file, and unzip to your Phone micro SD card, keep its name as DroidSansFallback.ttf.
DroidSansFallback.zip 1.64MB 206 downloads
2) Open Terminal Emulator, and input the following commands:
su (then wait for the superuser screen and press yes)
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
chmod 4755 /system/fonts/DroidSansFallback.ttf
dd if=/sdcard/DroidSansFallback.ttf of=/system/fonts/DroidSansFallback.ttf
here is the original link for this solution:
4. After phone reboot, you will find your phone support both Chinese and Arabic!
In the market, you can install morelocale2, to set the Arabic to be your locale.
Also, if you want to view the website normally, can use this browser: ArabicBrowser0005beta.zip 168.85KB 108 downloads
If you want the arabic letters automatically joint, can use this input method: IbrahimKeyboard.zip 118.12KB 82 downloads
The above two solution comes from http://android.azizus.info/ thanks them.
you can visit them for contacts in arabic, mail in arabic, etc.
Wish you all succeed in Adding these two most difficult languages in ZTE Light V9 Tablet!