Since errmsg find out the solution to build liquid kernel from acer, I spend some time to integrated our devs hard work.
This kernel just for my personal use only, so all creadits are belong our smart devs!! Thank you all!
All custom rom based on acer will work, cause it's acer's kernel source!!
How to install
Use malez recovery, flash zip without sign check.
1. OC (from phh. It boot at 768Mhz, and you can change frequency up to 998Mhz as your desire by SetCPU)
2. SWAP support
3. MT fix (from noxwell)
4. compcache (from http://code.goougle.com/p/compcache/)
5. fast dormancy (from acer metal source)
6. add cifs.ko nls_utf8.ko and tun.ko
At first, I must appropriate our devs, they do the best works, and they are still taking us moving forward
Second, I post this kernel just for people who want all working hardware, incase in some situation you need it. But if you want have more advanced experience, the cm7 need more feedback and test volunteers.
Third, this kernel may help people who want porting other ROMs (maybe i am wrong, not sure XD), or people want use acer's kernel to build modules you need.
1. What is the difference with the old one?
My goal is to build a stable and battery optimize kernel, and it can let other devs integrate to their custom ROM (Of cause, it must based on Acer's kernel)
In this case, i change the Voltage Scaling policy, and trying to fix the battery drain problem when using compcache (And it's caused by the different way the Android using memory)
So I hope you will like it, and you can post your feedback here. Thank you!
P.S. I change the initlogo to Acer dorid (I knew the old one sucks, but it's my first release, and i don't have time to deal with ROOTFS )
2. Does it works on A1 or LiquidE?
I am using A1, but I think LiquidE is working too.
3. Does it support EXT2 or EXT3?
In acer's kernel EXT2 was enabled by default,but EXT3 not!
4. Does Liquid setting App works?
I'm not sure, you can try it by your own
5. After I overclock my device some strange things was happened!
Try switch your liquid to lower frequency.
In my case, I can change frequency to 998, but only frequency lower 921Mhz get all functions work XD
6. I have battery drain fast problem!
I think it was caused by compcache.
(After many days test, the battery drain was caused by swap thrashing. So, at this moment the only thing we can do is change swapiness value)
1. If you want to use compache, load the script below from gscript
(I add swappiness config cmd, 0="start swapping only when absolutely needed" 100="preemtively swap out memory you are not using")
rzscontrol /dev/block/ramzswap0 --disksize_kb=32768 --init;
busybox swapon /dev/block/ramzswap0;
echo 30 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness;
2. If you want turn off compcache
busybox swapoff /dev/block/ramzswap0;
If you think this kernel helps you, you can buy me a drink
Edited by rithchen, 25 March 2011 - 03:30 AM.