for all you lazy people..
I created a few script files which copy the necessary stuff to the fat32 and the ext3/4 partition on MY STORAGE
Really fast way of reinstalling Android
- 2d3d drivers
- new cpulib
(all from beta2 update repository)
1) Download VMWare player & install
2) Download ubuntu and install with easy install of the vmware player
3) wait until installation finishes...
4) wait more...
5) start ubuntu
5) plugin your phone and connect as mass storage (my storage)
6) connect I8000 to ubuntu (bottom right side in vmware player window..)
7) start terminal (applications->accessories->terminal
8) type "sudo apt-get install gparted" (will download gparted manager)
9) wait unti finished.
10) start gparted by typing "sudo gparted"
11) select /dev/sdb on the right top side (should be your My Storage, check size!)
12) right-click on any visible partition, UNMOUNT
13) delete all partitions
14) now there should be only unallocated space
15) right-click and create a partition..
size: (SIZEOFSTORAGE-1000MiB) (easy: just decrease the first number of free space by 1..)
16) in the 1000MiB create another partition:
type: ext4 (in my case, otherwise adjust script files later..)
17) now start the operations by clicking on the green button (Apply all operations)
18) gparted will mount the partitions afterwards.
attention: I nearly killed ubuntu because I found out that it was accessible in terminal by "/media/disk_" and not "/media/disk" as expected. Wasted a lot of time.. HATE!
Now you should have "/dev/sdb1" -> fat32 and "/dev/sdb2/" -> ext4
19) close gparted, go back to terminal (leave it open or close it..)
20) Now we'll prepare the script files & resources:
21) open "places->home folder"
22) drag & drop "android.tar.gz" into the VM
23) right-click the archive and click "extract here"
24) open the new folder "android"
25) browse to "res", here you see all updates from the beta2 repository + beta2_1024 folder. (beta2_1024 is empty!)
26) drag & drop beta2_1024 folder from windows into the machine (extract the beta2_1024.zip in windows, then drag & drop the content into the VM)
27) go back to "android"
28) there are 4 .sh scripts:
- copyAndroid.sh (extracts ext2.tar and the updates to disk_ + copies the "new" zImage to disk0)
- copyWindows.sh (copies beta2_1024 folder to disk0)
- fullPackage.sh (if you're too lazy to execute 2 lines in terminal..will execute copyAndroid & copyWindows)
- tune2ext4.sh (will tune your existing ext3 partition into ext4..and copies the new zImage to disk0)
29) ADJUST ALL FILES !! YOU NEED TO SETUP A FEW VARIABLES. (double-click each file and display it in gedit).
There are 3 variables - dest, src, dest2. everything explained.
If you don't use ext4, uncomment the last lines in copyAndroid.sh, it won't copy the modified zImage in this case.
If you want to tune your ext3 to ext 4, "dest" must be set to "/dev/sbXXX" where XXX is the number of your partition. (look for it in gparted!)
and pay attention, as I said - probably it will be "/media/disk_" instead of "/media/disk". (CHECK MOUNTPOINT IN GPARTED)
30) running the scripts:
go to terminal, browse the script directory and type: "sudo bash <scriptname>"
31) when everything is done, adjust DEFAULT.TXT on fat32 partition (in windows or ubuntu, doesn't matter)
CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk00XpZ init=/init"
X = 0 = mystorage
X = 1 =sd card
Z = the number of the partition eg /dev/sdb2 Z = 2
32) unplug phone, run HARET.EXE from MYSTORAGE.
33) first boot takes longer, just wait and enjoy Android afterwards.
Edited by raptor2k3, 25 February 2011 - 02:15 PM.