Installing beta2 with updates via script file in ubuntu!

Other and last thing, i'm getting kernel panic since i think the default.txt string is wrong... my ext4 partition is sdb6 so it should be mmcblk0p6 right?

p.s: when booting i'm getting ext4-fs error, will try to install all over again

there should be only sdb1 and sdb2 if you created only fat32 and ext4.

Guest michytheone

Hi guys

I always get this error when i try to start android

init: cannot execve('/system/bin/dbus-deamon'):Permission denied

init: cannot execve('/system/bin/keystore'):Permission denied

Can anyone help me?

thanks a lot...

Guest vudn54

I installed beta2 with updates via script file but don't see file in storage(Fat32), just saw file in SD Card. My storage is about 15GB.help?

Edited by vudn54

I installed beta2 with updates via script file but don't see file in storage(Fat32), just saw file in SD Card. My storage is about 15GB.help?

Mount MyStorage in WinMo not the SD card.

Guest firefly2k3
Hi guys

I always get this error when i try to start android

init: cannot execve('/system/bin/dbus-deamon'):Permission denied

init: cannot execve('/system/bin/keystore'):Permission denied

Can anyone help me?

thanks a lot...

Same here...

Beta1 does not have any problem from fresh install. But when I update (or fresh install) Beta2, I get the same error as michytheone...any help would be greatly appreciated.

I tried changing the ownership and permissions on these files to root:root and 777 respectively. Still no joy!

PS: I am installing on SD card with the respective changes done in script files and default.txt

tia

~firefly

Edited by firefly2k3

Guest nachoijs

you can delete that hidden partition, i does not afect yout phone...

Hi, since you're saying "Delete all partitions", are you seriously saying to delete the 512mb hidden partition? Won't continue this guide until someone answers me so... we're supposed to create a 1gb ext4 partition and a primary fat32 one with the remaining space right?

Thank you

Guest alen147

i cant unmount the partition, the option is not available. Since I had some problems earlier i formated the partition, since then i cant unmount it. can i still delete it?

Wow, this is just brilliant man! Not that i'm too lazy to manually install it, but after doing it manually a few times, you outa feel a little lazy. I hope you keep updating android.tar.gz as and when new updates are out.

P.S: whats the deal with the underscore? for me, disk0 was with an "_" rather than disk.

Guest firefly2k3
Hi,

I am facing a problem like when "ipc transfer starts" my phone switches off

What should i do?

thank you for all

That's because the ext2.tar.gz from the beta download page does not have the 2d/3d drivers.

What I usually do is drag and drop the "system" folder from the 2d/3d update package (search in this forum) into the ext2.tar.gz using total commander.

Then do a regular automated install from o2beta folder.

Hope that helps.

~Firefly

Guest jojoie
could you explain more clearly the partition size thing coz im not getting it....sorry for being such a noob

I am using ext4 1001Mb in My Storage

After few try I got in but dumpstate appears everytime. Android freezes as well.

Thanks

Guest jojoie
That's because the ext2.tar.gz from the beta download page does not have the 2d/3d drivers.

What I usually do is drag and drop the "system" folder from the 2d/3d update package (search in this forum) into the ext2.tar.gz using total commander.

Hope that helps.

~Firefly

Thank I did it but I got dump state after a restart caused by a freeze.

Guest koko5800

After i deleted all partitions it still .. sdb5 -> disk0 (fat32) ; sdb6 -> disk (ext4)

and i can't change it to sdb1 -> disk0 (fat32) ; sdb2 -> disk (ext4)

any idea ?

After i deleted all partitions it still .. sdb5 -> disk0 (fat32) ; sdb6 -> disk (ext4)

and i can't change it to sdb1 -> disk0 (fat32) ; sdb2 -> disk (ext4)

any idea ?

who cares? use sdb5 and sdb6 instead.

Guest demy94
Same here...

Beta1 does not have any problem from fresh install. But when I update (or fresh install) Beta2, I get the same error as michytheone...any help would be greatly appreciated.

I tried changing the ownership and permissions on these files to root:root and 777 respectively. Still no joy!

PS: I am installing on SD card with the respective changes done in script files and default.txt

tia

~firefly

I have the same problem

For all guys who are waiting for new script files..

sorry but i don't have anymore time for this unfortunatelly. :/ But it's really easy to do it on your own.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adaze

Hope that helps.

~Firefly

I have the same problem, I've updated the 2D3D with rapids but still the same crashing. If I use haret from the o2, will this overwrite the ext4 installation?

Guest porcsale

Thanks a lot, it works!

Now if anybody knows how to choose where the market installs the apps, i'd like to know 'cause right now I get "not enough space available" although internal storage shows 7.1Gb available.

Edited by porcsale