I almost bought one today....

Guest zongamin

Guest Pig_Vomit

Had a play with the demo vega in pc world. To be honest it was horrible and i could not see them selling any off the back of it.

It was midday and the sceen was nigh on impossible to see.

Thank god i has been lurking here for a few days earlier and bought on the strength of the views in this forum. :D

Viewing angle is tricky but other than that its the best £250 spent in a long time. Screen res is better than my netbook that its replacced. Got it home installed latest rom and started playing with apps.

Currently lying on the sofa with my vega replying to this thread(and laughing at the wife fighting with her laptop & burning her legs)

Guest guisoris
Dixon offer a call and reserve service. I used it to avoid disappointment. When I reached the shop yesterday I did not see them on display so I guess mine was probably the last piece left! Just google dixon airport and you will find it.

BTW just installed r8 and loving it!

Already cheked, I have to call one week before. thursday morning I´m calling. Do you have the case? How it fits?

Thanks.

Guest Qwertymon
I tried a couple of videos on youtube and iplayer - they looked good, but it was the browser text that looked a bit too 'chunky' for me - BBC News site in particular - strange font rendering?

It's still on reserve, so I'll go back in tomorrow for another look.

What kind of Brightness gets the best level of contrast - 1/2 - 3/4?

Pinch to zoom, different browers are available, I prefer dolphinHD

Do you know the price from the airpor? I´m flying next week and I don´t know if wait or go to pc world.

Thanks

should be vat free so £200ish

Im not sure what the company standpoint is on me loading modaco software onto a display unit, frankly Im not gonna risk it to try and push sales, how ever I can pull my vega out of my bag and show it to customers on the tech desk >_>

Legacy stores still wont have them in stock as they will not having the security/mounting for them, however a recent internal message mentioned "tablets becoming huge" so that should be changing soon..... I hope anyways, its a bit s*** having just the ipad in the store and the only android tablet in the store being my vega.

Guest bhargav27
Already cheked, I have to call one week before. thursday morning I´m calling. Do you have the case? How it fits?

Thanks.

Actually, the guy didn't have the Vega case. He gave me one of those sleeves that was priced at £ 23 for free (pretty overpriced I know). But I went for the even more overpriced crumpler one and paid 7 quid extra. To be honest I think I threw my money away but I was in a hurry and didn't have time to think so anyway. BTW I paid 209 for Vega.