Christo0908

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Devices:i9505, Nexus 4
ROM:Pauls MoDaCo FroYo r12
Phone: ZTE Blade
Problem: Every time I try to open the camera app, or any app, it says cannot connect to camera, any solutions? Tried rebooting, flashing new roms etc. only had this problem since I installed CyanogenMod 7 RC1, is this a hardware problem or is there something I can do to fix it?

Posted Image

Swimmerboy

Swimmerboy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco

ROM:Pauls MoDaCo FroYo r12
Phone: ZTE Blade
Problem: Every time I try to open the camera app, or any app, it says cannot connect to camera, any solutions? Tried rebooting, flashing new roms etc. only had this problem since I installed CyanogenMod 7 RC1, is this a hardware problem or is there something I can do to fix it?

If it says this after flashing a number of different ROMs (doing a full wipe before each!) then I'd be guessing a hardware problem?

Posted Image

crozzie

crozzie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I found that everytime I used an app that accessed the camera, the app would crash and the camera became undetectable. Turns out the camera focus had somehow jammed and caused the apps to crash when autofocusing (I never heard the tell tale clicking). I sorted it by rapping the phone off a hard surface to "unjam" the camera. probably not the most elegant of solutions but worked for me.... :(

That-Guy

That-Guy

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

I found that everytime I used an app that accessed the camera, the app would crash and the camera became undetectable. Turns out the camera focus had somehow jammed and caused the apps to crash when autofocusing (I never heard the tell tale clicking). I sorted it by rapping the phone off a hard surface to "unjam" the camera. probably not the most elegant of solutions but worked for me.... :(

Love your style :(

Huawei U8800 / Ideos X5 - Rooted & Unlocked
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4 | Rom: Android 2.3.5 - Official Huawei Final Release
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 (un-modified) | Partitions: Stock Partition Layout

....:::: Ultimate Guide to the Huawei U8800 ::::....
Rooting | Custom ROMs | ClockworkMod | Themes | Other Hacks & Tweaks

[U8800] [How To] Root, Install ClockworkMod + Remove Bundled Apps from Official 2.3.5

Posted Image

WEBSITE - TWITTER - GOOGLE+ - BLOG

McrRed

McrRed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade/San Francisco
  • Twitter:@@McrRed

Love your style :(

Got the same problem...now where's that hammer? :angry:

Lister Of Smeg

Lister Of Smeg

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (San Fran)
Hi Guys,

Go visit Orange if its still under warranty when ya paid full price for it, and they will replace it for a second hand scratched/damaged one, but it will fix the issue... ;)

- not happy with Orange Support..

Lister

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users