Cannot connect to camera

Guest Christo0908

Guest Christo0908

ROM:Pauls MoDaCo FroYo r12

Phone: ZTE Blade

Problem: Every time I try to open the camera app, or any app, it says cannot connect to camera, any solutions? Tried rebooting, flashing new roms etc. only had this problem since I installed CyanogenMod 7 RC1, is this a hardware problem or is there something I can do to fix it?

Guest Swimmerboy
ROM:Pauls MoDaCo FroYo r12

Phone: ZTE Blade

Problem: Every time I try to open the camera app, or any app, it says cannot connect to camera, any solutions? Tried rebooting, flashing new roms etc. only had this problem since I installed CyanogenMod 7 RC1, is this a hardware problem or is there something I can do to fix it?

If it says this after flashing a number of different ROMs (doing a full wipe before each!) then I'd be guessing a hardware problem?

Guest crozzie

I found that everytime I used an app that accessed the camera, the app would crash and the camera became undetectable. Turns out the camera focus had somehow jammed and caused the apps to crash when autofocusing (I never heard the tell tale clicking). I sorted it by rapping the phone off a hard surface to "unjam" the camera. probably not the most elegant of solutions but worked for me.... :(

Guest That-Guy
I found that everytime I used an app that accessed the camera, the app would crash and the camera became undetectable. Turns out the camera focus had somehow jammed and caused the apps to crash when autofocusing (I never heard the tell tale clicking). I sorted it by rapping the phone off a hard surface to "unjam" the camera. probably not the most elegant of solutions but worked for me.... :(

Love your style :(

• 4 months later...
Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi Guys,

Go visit Orange if its still under warranty when ya paid full price for it, and they will replace it for a second hand scratched/damaged one, but it will fix the issue... ;)

- not happy with Orange Support..

Lister