Touchscreen problem

Guest CrisisX

Hi guys,

I've been using my i8000 for more than a year now.

Recently, i have some problem with the touch screen.

I am unable to point correctly on certain area on the screen.

This causes me to unable to type in the character "p" from a qwerty keyboard (it points to "o" character instead).

I've tried calibrating the screen a few times but it doesnt help.

Tried googling as well but doesnt help much.

Anyone here face similar problem?

Do anyone have a solution for me cause it's getting irritating.

Thanks a lot.

Guest Namar
Hi guys,

I've been using my i8000 for more than a year now.

Recently, i have some problem with the touch screen.

I am unable to point correctly on certain area on the screen.

This causes me to unable to type in the character "p" from a qwerty keyboard (it points to "o" character instead).

I've tried calibrating the screen a few times but it doesnt help.

Tried googling as well but doesnt help much.

Anyone here face similar problem?

Do anyone have a solution for me cause it's getting irritating.

Thanks a lot.

My Omnia developed the same problem about a month ago. I was able to cope with it for about a month but I eventualy decided to replace the digitizer with the one I bought on ebay 4 days ago. Taking apart the omnia to replace the digitizer was not a big issue as I had replaced the screen itself some time last year. On both occasions I had followed the instructions I found in this forum on how to disassemble and assemble the Omnia. The last disassemble/assemble much much faster than the first one for me because of the little experience I had gained the first time. (You have to be gentle and careful though so as not to break or tear any part). If you think you will encounter a problem I advise that you can take it to a service center or to someone who can do the replacement for you. I forget to mention that you will need a plastic pry tool for taking the parts apart after unscrewing the 6 screws at the back. A member posted a manual on how to assemble and disassemble Omnia II somewhere in this forum. Just search for it. In any case you definitely need a new digitizer.

Guest thebass

When you calibrate the phone, you need to offset your screen taps otherwise the calibration will not fix it for you if you have damage around your letter "p."

For example when you see the " + " to tap, instead of tapping dead on center, tap a little to the left (where you see the asterisks): " * + " This way every time you press the letter "o" it will press the letter "p" you have to practice getting it right because you obviously still need to press "o" so basically the letter "o" will be divided into two letters. I also suggest using a bigger keyboard such as the samsung default one holding down the Xt9 button to select 20 keys, or using SWYPE which will predict your words since it's designed to pick up sloppy swypes. Hopefully this will be a good temporary solution for you. I used this when I had another touch phone that was dieing out.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jojoie

Touch screen problem

I can unlock my screen but my screen is not responding so i am basically stuck an initial configuration.

I am using I8000NXXJI1 firmware from sep 2010 and Windroid March 2011 edition.