WVGA Teeter from HD2

Guest Rapid81

Hi everyone!

My friends Soroush0313 and Fardjad, and I want to provide you the REAL WVGA Teeter from HTC HD2.

In the last few days, we did everything to make it work, and we finally did it! The HTC HD2's WVGA Teeter is working like charm on our Omnia 2!

What we've done:

• We patched the exe not to check the device.
  • We patched the exe to use pdraw.dll (all credits to the author(s) of this file)
  • We patched the exe to use DeviceIOControl.dll
  • In DeviceIOControl.dll we starts the SmiSensorServer_2.dll (The Samsung's sensor service) and reads the sensor's datas and pass back to Labyrinth.exe in a freaky way :(
  • And that's it!

Installation:
    Copy the cab file to your device and install it. :D
    Teeter_Porting_Team_Omnia_II_Teeter.cab

Fardjad provided the source code to you all, if you want to learn some sensor's handling:
    DeviceIOControl_Source.zip
    OEM Package for rommers

Additional languages (mui files) - just copy to the installation folder.

Level Editors:

[*] TeeterEdit 1.4 - TeeterEdit.zip

[*] TeeterLevels - TeeterLevels.zip

The program's license is BSD.

Here's some screenshots from the Teeter working on my O2:

post-624700-1300282984_thumb.jpgpost-624700-1300282988_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rapid81

Guest Mk256

I found the solution :

I just need an expert person in PE explorer for editing something in the exe file.

Edited by Mk256

Guest fardjad
I found the solution :

I just need an expert person in PE explorer for editing something in the exe file.

Hello,

Could you please share the idea, maybe I can figure it out :D

Guest Rapid81

Additional informations:

Yesterday we worked on this project, but with no luck yet.

We tried to solve it from some different angles:

- Changed the service's prefix in the exe from SEN to SSS (SmiSensorServer) -> not worked

- Changed the service's prefix in the exe from SEN to ACC (Samsung's G-Sensor's device name) -> not worked

- Started the SmiSensorServer with HTCSensorservice alias -> not worked

- The HTC and the Samsung service's commands are (almost) identical. Like SEN_Init -> SSS_Init or SEN_Read -> SSS_Read.

We came up with a possible solution, but we definitely need some help in this.

The idea is the following:

- We need a WM service dll, what's pretend itself as HTCSensorService (Prefix: SEN, dll's name: HTCSensorService.dll)

- This service captures the requests from the Labyrinth.exe

- Redirects the requests to the Smi Sensor Server (Prefix: SSS, dll's name SmiSensorServer_2.dll) or to the SamsungMobilesdk_2.dll

- Then pass back the values of the G-Sensor's readings to the Labyrinth.exe

I tried to contact with Chainfire, but he didn't respond (yet?). Ginkage was not here seen since last september. :(

I know we have programming experts here, and I hope they can help us. :D

Guest fardjad

Mar 18 2010:

Before we making HTCSensorService.dll compatibility layer, I decided to look into the Labyrinth.exe carefully,

I've disassembled two functions: HTCSensorOpen and InitSensorEvents (the function names are abstract).

Here is the result:

HANDLE HTCSensorOpen(int sensorType)

{

hDevice = CreateFileW("SEN0:", 0, 0, 0, OPEN_EXISTING, FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, 0);

if (hDevice == INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE) {

if(!RegisterService("SEN", 0, "HTCSensorService.dll", 1)) return NULL;

hDevice = CreateFileW("SEN0:", 0, 0, 0, OPEN_EXISTING, FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, 0);

if (hDevice == INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE) return NULL;

}

LPDWORD lpInBuffer = new DWORD;

CONTROL_CODE = 0x1000001 // Related to SENSORTYPE_GSENSOR;

if (!DeviceIoControl(hDevice, CONTROL_CODE, &lpInBuffer, sizeof(DWORD), &lpOutBuffer, 0, &lpBytesReturned, NULL));

KDbgPrintfW("[AP:SensorSDK] Can't update. Used default setting");

}

if (!InitSensorEvents(hDevice)) return NULL;

return hDevice;

}

bool InitSensorEvents(HANDLE hDevice)

{

HANDLE hEvent = CreateEvent(NULL, 0, 0, "HTC_GSENSOR_SERVICESTART");

if (hEvent == NULL) return 0;

EventModify(hEvent, EVENT_SET);

Sleep(100);

hEvent = CreateEvent(NULL, 0, 0, "HTC_GSENSOR_SERVICESTOP");

if (hEvent != NULL) return 1;

CloseHandle(hDevice);

return 0;

}

I realized that if we want to make Labyrinth use Samsung Service, we should do the following:

• Change SEN0 to ACC1
  • Change SEN to SSS(?)
  • Change the CONTROL_CODE:
    Samsung control codes are:
    ACCOnRot = 0x44E
    ACCOffRot = 0x44F
    ACCReadValues = 0x80122EF0 I think we only need this one

Also the output of Samsung Service and HTC Service is completely different:

Samsung outputs {3*16 bits} (X, Y, -Z) but HTC outputs {3*16 bits, 16 bit, 3*32 bits} which we need first three 16 bits as (X, Y, Z).

Another difference is the readings offsets. (2048 for Samsung)

I think we can solve all these problems by redirecting (import table patching) DeviceIOControl function in Labyrinth.exe

We should make a dll with DeviceIOControl function implemented in it, redirect the requests to Samsung Sensor, adapt it's output and... we'll done.

Obviously we can do this faster if others help us.

Best Regards.

Edited by fardjad

Guest fardjad

Patch Mar 20 2011:

In this version I've Patched Labyrinth.exe import table to redirect these functions:

• DeviceIoControl: To change the IO Control Code to 0x80122EF0 and the Sensor Device Name to ACC1:

• RegisterService: To make Labyrinth use SmiSensorServer_2.dll and register the service as SSS

Someone please test this version and report. (I don't have Omnia II anymore).

I'll attach the redirector functions source-code for those who want to contribute :D

Edit:

The working source-code and Teeter package can be found in post #1.

Edited by fardjad

Guest Rapid81
Patch Mar 20 2011:

In this version I've Patched Labyrinth.exe import table to redirect these functions:

• DeviceIoControl: To change the IO Control Code to 0x80122EF0 and the Sensor Device Name to ACC1:

• RegisterService: To make Labyrinth use SmiSensorServer_2.dll and register the service as SSS

Someone please test this version and report. (I don't have Omnia II anymore).

I'll attach the redirector functions source-code for those who want to contribute :D

Tried, but unfortunately, it's not working. But something definitely changed. With the first version, when I put the Teeter to the background, then resumed, the ball went from the upper left corner, to the bottom right and stays there. Now, after the resume, the ball moves a little, about 2 millimeter, and stops. The SMI Sensor Server service is running on my phone. Do I need to stop it or delete from the services?

Update:

This is interesting. When I unplug the phone from the USB, the ball moves away from the wall about a centimeter, then goes back. When I replug the USB, the ball does the same. It does the same with removed, running or stopped SMI Sensor Server service.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest soroush0313

Hello Everyone

Finally we are done, I confirm that I8000 Teeter works fine

every thing's just working fine

We are going to clean every thing up and release a new full cab very soon ... :D

Edited by soroush0313

Guest thund3r
complains about unvalid certificate... help a wm 6.5 newbie pls

Same here... the exe is not working properly and it installs directly into the Windows folder!

Get's messy...

Edited by thund3r

Guest fardjad
Same here... the exe is not working properly and it installs directly into the Windows folder!

Get's messy...

It needs to be installed in Windows folder for a reason :D

Guest fardjad
complains about unvalid certificate... help a wm 6.5 newbie pls

That error message usually means the application can't find its dependencies. (Post your ROM information).

Edited by fardjad

Guest fardjad

I've attached a new cab. Installs faster and performs full cleanup on deinstallation :D

Edit:

See the first post.

Edited by fardjad

Guest Odysseas07

Hello

Just install it but i have a problem

When i install it it install only an zip file on windows directory...

I have to find it and extract it where i want and then i can play the game

i dont know if you undrestand me .....

and 1 more thing

when i play and touch the screen i can see 2 empty buttons. How we can see the words on it ???

Edited by Odysseas07

Guest fardjad
Hello

It supposed to extract contents of the zip file to your Windows directory. Did you installed the previous version before? And did you see the message: "Omnia II Teeter 0.4.4.0 by Teeter Porrting Team" after installation?

and 1 more thing

when i play and touch the screen i can see 2 empty buttons. How we can see the words on it ???

The files should be placed in Windows folder for the application to work correctly.

Guest Odysseas07
It supposed to extract contents of the zip file to your Windows directory. Did you installed the previous version before? And did you see the message: "Omnia II Teeter 0.4.4.0 by Teeter Porrting Team" after installation?

The files should be placed in Windows folder for the application to work correctly.

no i havent install the previous version

I had see the Teeter 0.4.4.0 by Teeter Porrting Team" after installation

i have extract it on the Progam File Directory . I will extact it to windows folder and i will try it.

Thank you for your answer

Guest fardjad
no i havent install the previous version

I had see the Teeter 0.4.4.0 by Teeter Porrting Team" after installation

i have extract it on the Progam File Directory . I will extact it to windows folder and i will try it.

Thank you for your answer

Actually there was a problem with cab (not the cab, the way it extracts files) I've attached a new one, hopefully this one works well :D

Everyone please report if it's working.

Edit:

See the first post.

Edited by fardjad

Guest bluhound

Error with the new cab:

Couldn't unzip '\Temp\Omnia II Teeter\Omnia II Teeter.zip' to '\Windows\'

Line 3 (\Temp\Omnia II Teeter\install.mscr);

UnzipAll(SystamPath("Script Path") & "\Omnia II Teeter.zip", "\Windows\")

Edited by bluhound

Guest Rapid81
Hello

and 1 more thing

Only the 409 mui is in the cab. If you can find the mui in your language, just copy it to the \Windows folder and share with us. :D If you cannot, then rename the 409 mui to your language code and it will be fine.

I have the 40e, hungarian mui. I will upload that later today.

Guest Pawel Virtuss Omega

I tried cab from firsst post (after installation no icon.., also found zip in windows folder.., tried unzipping it to \Windows\ dir but was getting:

"The file 'Labirynt' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with trusted certificate, or one of its components..."

I tried also new cab from posts above. This time I had see the Teeter 0.4.4.0 by Teeter Porrting Team" after installation, also there was a new icon added. But when trying to run the thing, same message appears: "The file 'Labirynt' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with trusted certificate, or one of its components..."

:/

I'm running official I8000NXXJJ1, no modifications.