Added: HDWalls Wallpaper

Added: Bing

Added: AutoClosePatch - Chainfire

Tweaked: S2U2

Tweaked: Main Menu

Tweaked: Startup Image

Tweaked: Removed Unused apps

See Main post for rest of news

Eagerly awaiting QuickSense 6.5 v1.2 upload. :)

Guest natedawg1013
Hey,

The theme is by Tacchan23, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=624874

I will try to put the S2U2 into a package soon for you.

Sorry for the delay. I have been focused on adding features to the ROM's.

Bryan

Thanks. Any time is good. I tried your ROM and copied the files after posting that message, but I'm missing the settings (stored in the registry). It seems to be working fine, though, but it would be much easier to have a cab I could put on any ROM.

Guest Bryan W.
Thanks. Any time is good. I tried your ROM and copied the files after posting that message, but I'm missing the settings (stored in the registry). It seems to be working fine, though, but it would be much easier to have a cab I could put on any ROM.

Well I threw this together. Let me know if it works.

QuickSense_S2U2.CAB

Guest tampora

Very nice ROM, I have been using this for a few days now and must say everything seems to work pretty well. I have notice a couple issues though, just wondering if anyone else has seen.

When playing videos in Touch Player, I've noticed it does not seems to support near as many file formats as my previous ROMs. Have these been removed on purpose or is this an issue to deal with? From what I can tell, I can no longer play mp4 files at all.

One other minor issue i've battled with is more related to S2U2, the ever elusive double lock screens. I have 1 email account set up with an Exchange Server and am unable to disable the build in lock screen. I have tried many different reg keys and cab files to no avail. Any ideas on how to get rid of that so I can use S2U2 as my only lock screen?

Great work, keep it up!

Guest Bryan W.

Hey,

I'm glad you like it! Thank you!

Which rom are you using?

Which lockscreen is competing with s2u2, windows or samsung? I had an older version do this, but the latest one should be fixed.

The touch player thing might be that I tried removing 'unused' stuff. I'll see what I can do.

Bryan

Edited by Bryan W.

Guest tampora

I'm using your 6.5.5 v1.3 and it appears to be the Windows lock screen that is conflicting. It only started once my Exchange policies forced me to add a simple pin, causing me to now have 2 pins.

I also noticed Touch Player seems to auto rotate which actually causes some graphical issues. This program should probably be set to not auto-rotate as it has that functionality built into it. I tried to remove it from the Autorotation app but did not see it listed in there, so I'm not sure what is going on there.

Anyway thanks for the good work!

Guest Bryan W.
I'm using your 6.5.5 v1.3 and it appears to be the Windows lock screen that is conflicting. It only started once my Exchange policies forced me to add a simple pin, causing me to now have 2 pins.

I also noticed Touch Player seems to auto rotate which actually causes some graphical issues. This program should probably be set to not auto-rotate as it has that functionality built into it. I tried to remove it from the Autorotation app but did not see it listed in there, so I'm not sure what is going on there.

Anyway thanks for the good work!

Hi,

Quick update.

1)S2U2 Try the following:

Settings --> General --> Lock when device wakes up -> Off

Settings --> Power --> Lock When Screen is Blank --> Off

Settings --> Caller ID --> Off

There might be more, I looked through briefly.

Then delete or move this file:

\Windows\Startup\iLock2.lnk

That should disable it. I don't see any other services or reg settings associated with S2U2. I should add, I've never tried this rom with the MS lock screen.

2) Touch Player

---a ) rotation issue identified and fix with be out in next release

---b ) mp4 issue replicated, but not fixed yet, in progress tho.

(Fixed 4/30/11 - See main post for 6.5.5 v1.4)

Thanks for notifying me of the issues.

--Bryan

Edited by Bryan W.

Guest Bryan W.

QuickSense 6.5.5 v1.4 Released

QuickSense 6.5.5 v1.4 [222MB] --> See main post

-Added: Various Performance Enhancements

-Now has +70 MB Free Ram on Start

-Removed: Start Button Soft Key (Don't panik, mapped to middle hard key)

-Tweak: 'X' Button hidden, Don't forget OK/Close hard key on side of phone

-Enabled: Sense Weather

-Added: i8000 Touch Player

-Fixed: Touch Player codecs and rotation

-Removed: Stock Touch Player

-Added: i8000 GPS Driver & Improved Lock

-Added: QuickGPS - See notes below

-Added: Bing

-Restored: MS Task Manager

-Tweaked: FDC Task Manager still installed, but does not integrate with OS

Edited by Bryan W.

Guest tampora

Great work! That fixed all of the issues that I was dealing with. Talk about quick service!

I'll let you know if I happen to find anything else but so far its working great.

*Edit* I notice the HTC Weather clock on the Home page is showing 'My Location' which is not updating. I have set up my city manually in the weather and it updates correctly but it still shows 'My Location' on the clock widget. Is there anyway to get the Weather to update? I noticed it was working on another sense rom i tried a while ago.

Thanks

Edited by tampora

Guest Bryan W.
Great work! That fixed all of the issues that I was dealing with. Talk about quick service!

I'll let you know if I happen to find anything else but so far its working great.

*Edit* I notice the HTC Weather clock on the Home page is showing 'My Location' which is not updating. I have set up my city manually in the weather and it updates correctly but it still shows 'My Location' on the clock widget. Is there anyway to get the Weather to update? I noticed it was working on another sense rom i tried a while ago.

Thanks

Thanks!

You know I never noticed until now the 'My Location" under the clock. I see that when I tap it, it opens up the weather tab as if I want to setup a new location, even if I have already set one up manually. I will look into seeing if there is a way to have that open your manually entered location.

As a side note, if you are asking for the Weather to automatically update its location by GPS, this is currently not possible by design. The HTC GPS Location service relies on several (5 or more) packages that would add to both the size of the rom and reduce free ram. So yes, an inconvenience, but personally for me the amount of ram and rom freed is worth it even though Weather cannot automatically tell where you are.

I hope that is not a deal breaker. :mellow:

Anyhow, thank you for letting me know about this! I'll see what I can do.

Bryan

Edited by Bryan W.

Guest tampora

That 'My Location' can actually show the city name that you're in and to the right of it will be the weather information and current image (sunny, rain, whatever). I had tried AMDZero's ZeroSense rom and it seemed to be working as expected, although I'm not sure what he had done to get it working. Maybe AMD can provide some insight as to why this isn't working?

From the research I've done, it appears to be a common problem although I have yet to figure out how to resolve it. I was able to turn off 'My Location' in the registry, although it still did not show my manually entered location on the Clock gadget.

Another minor bug i noticed is when you try to add a quick link to the home page, all appear to work except 'Bookmarks' which throws an error 'The File 'HTCBookmark' cannot be opened....'

Even though it doesnt bother me one bit i thought i'd tell you about this minor problem also (if you weren't already aware).

Thanks,

Guest Bryan W.
That 'My Location' can actually show the city name that you're in and to the right of it will be the weather information and current image (sunny, rain, whatever). I had tried AMDZero's ZeroSense rom and it seemed to be working as expected, although I'm not sure what he had done to get it working. Maybe AMD can provide some insight as to why this isn't working?

From the research I've done, it appears to be a common problem although I have yet to figure out how to resolve it. I was able to turn off 'My Location' in the registry, although it still did not show my manually entered location on the Clock gadget.

Another minor bug i noticed is when you try to add a quick link to the home page, all appear to work except 'Bookmarks' which throws an error 'The File 'HTCBookmark' cannot be opened....'

Even though it doesnt bother me one bit i thought i'd tell you about this minor problem also (if you weren't already aware).

Thanks,

Howdy,

The weather does not display on the homepage by design because it really hurts performance with all its graphical dithering and stuff. The most I could do is fix the button to open the weather tab. Using only the weather tab limited the drop in performance when you are in that tab.

I didn't realize the bookmark thing, however that is similar the HTC GPS Location service. So I would not consider the space and all to make it work again worth making it work. I'll add it to the list of known limitations.

Thanks for being thorough, its really amazing when I think I have it all down what little stuff creeps in.

Thanks!

Bryan

Edited by Bryan W.

Guest tampora

I see your point on the weather, Is it a setting you disabled somewhere in the registry or a package you intentionally left out of the ROM? In my research many people refer to this 'my location' problem however most have a workaround that includes adding your city to the worldclock which apparently directs it to your manual setting. I can find no such setting in the worldclock settings.

Do you happen to know of a way to get that to link to the city i have the weather tab or reenable the my location thing? I just want to play with performance and see how much it affects it. Most likely I would end up putting it back the way it is now just curious.

In regards to the bookmark thing, no worries there as again I would not use those features just thought I would point it out.

Again great work, best memory usage I've seen on any Sense ROM yet! I also like the fact that it appears to be the latest build of 6.5.5 although I don't know what fixes there were or what features were added.

Guest Bryan W.
Do you happen to know of a way to get that to link to the city i have the weather tab or reenable the my location thing? I just want to play with performance and see how much it affects it. Most likely I would end up putting it back the way it is now just curious.

Hi Tampora,

I really have to look into fixing that button to open the manually entered city. I didn't even know about that button until you brought it up, so I can't promise as quick results. I usually take a week between releases to find more bugs.

And as for the GPS Location.. to get that working would take a lot of time. The deal is that there are many other dependencies that package needs, and I'd have to sit and find out what they all are, and cook them in. Unfortunately, I don't have time to do that.

To see the performance impact of the weather graphics on the UI, go to the weather tab and remove all locations. Notice when you click "Menu" on the bottom right the smoothness of how the menu opens. Now add a location, update the weather, and repeat. You should see the menu slide up noticeably slower. Now image that effect taking place on the everything in the entire home screen. That is why I disabled weather from appearing on the home screen.

Thanks for the kind words! I more or less figured I would be the only person to use this rom due to the fact is it is neither a real 'Lite' ROM or a full 'Sense' ROM. So I really hope others are enjoying it like I do.

Thanks,

Bryan

Guest xlightwaverx
Hi Tampora,

I really have to look into fixing that button to open the manually entered city. I didn't even know about that button until you brought it up, so I can't promise as quick results. I usually take a week between releases to find more bugs.

And as for the GPS Location.. to get that working would take a lot of time. The deal is that there are many other dependencies that package needs, and I'd have to sit and find out what they all are, and cook them in. Unfortunately, I don't have time to do that.

To see the performance impact of the weather graphics on the UI, go to the weather tab and remove all locations. Notice when you click "Menu" on the bottom right the smoothness of how the menu opens. Now add a location, update the weather, and repeat. You should see the menu slide up noticeably slower. Now image that effect taking place on the everything in the entire home screen. That is why I disabled weather from appearing on the home screen.

Thanks for the kind words! I more or less figured I would be the only person to use this rom due to the fact is it is neither a real 'Lite' ROM or a full 'Sense' ROM. So I really hope others are enjoying it like I do.

Thanks,

Bryan

I enjoy seeing what you do with my beta kitchen setup :mellow: I have an idea that I think would be really up your alley since you appear to have a lot of time to devote to the i920 projects. It was something I was messing with prior to my ooberlite but I think it would be a beneficial project to bring to the community and it would span over multiple devices and possibly be the most kick-ass plan to hit modaco in a while.

I think you should research utilizing a ramdisk mixed with the use of extendir to fully unlock to potential of the i920. If you can use extendir to house manila from the windows directory and or trick manila to think its still in the windows directory, and host it and all required dynamic link libraries on these virtual windows directories, while realistically being loaded and RAN from RAM, I believe Sense will be run at the fastest speed that it could possibly be run at.

The entire system will be boosted. Page pools could be minimized because relevant packages will be installed to RAM at boot.

It would require mortscript, extendir, and ramdisk.

Or maybe I am just hallucinating...

X

Guest tampora

I was able to get the clock button to bring me directly to the manually entered city. It is just one registry key to change HKCU\Software\HTC\Manilla, just change Weather.EnableCurrentLocation to a value of 0

Since My Location doesn't appear to be working anyway disabling this key makes no difference to me and just removes it entirely from the weather tab.

Guest natedawg1013
Well I threw this together. Let me know if it works.

Thanks! Life's been busy so I haven't been able to check it, but I will later this week.

Guest Bryan W.
I was able to get the clock button to bring me directly to the manually entered city. It is just one registry key to change HKCU\Software\HTC\Manilla, just change Weather.EnableCurrentLocation to a value of 0

Since My Location doesn't appear to be working anyway disabling this key makes no difference to me and just removes it entirely from the weather tab.

This works perfectly! I will include this adjustment in the next build.

Thank you!

Guest tampora

Do you have any idea how I can add favorites to my contact list? I notice you had made a note about adding contacts to the quicklinks, do you have something disabled that would also prevent me from adding favorites to the contact list?

It's not an absolute neccessity but it would be nice to be able to add some favorite contacts. Also a friend of mine was wondering if anything can be done to add contacts to the quicklinks, as he uses them.

Glad the registry key worked for you, I'm still running the ROM and everything is working great.

Thanks!

Guest Bryan W.
Do you have any idea how I can add favorites to my contact list? I notice you had made a note about adding contacts to the quicklinks, do you have something disabled that would also prevent me from adding favorites to the contact list?

It's not an absolute neccessity but it would be nice to be able to add some favorite contacts. Also a friend of mine was wondering if anything can be done to add contacts to the quicklinks, as he uses them.

Glad the registry key worked for you, I'm still running the ROM and everything is working great.

Thanks!

Same issue as with GPS Location. The Contacts takes several modules that would eat up ram and rom. Yeah, I had to give that up too, but I think it has been worth it.