62 replies to this topic

kventin

kventin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:zte blade original 2.2 froyo
Hi Steven,
I bought a ZTE Blade from Hungarian Vodafone. The phone shows 166 MB RAM as total system memory and 160 MB ROM :D
Yesterday I installed Swedish_Spring_RLS5 ROM. Unfortunately after a successful installation the total available RAM is still 166 MB. This value is the same as before.
I didn’t check the total amount of the ROM because I got angry and I restored the phone on the original stock ROM.
I don’t know if somebody else has tried to solve the RAM issue on Hungarian Vodafeon. If yes, please advise me.
However during the installation process I met some strange things:
1. I’ve should download ZTE-Blade Recovery Manager 0.34b but I didn’t found that only Recovery Manager 0.34b on the given link(s). The screenshots from Recovery Manager 0.34b show ZTE Blade Recovery Manager. After installation of the app, it showed Recovery Manager. Why?
2. When I wanted to install recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.4-blade-g2.img, the Recover Manager said: Unrecognized image or something similar. Why?

Finally I could install recovery-clockwork-3.2 but don’t ask how. I don’t know that. I tried many other ways to install a custom ROM but the all failed somewhere the installation process. By chance during a reboot Clockwork started to operate on my phone. I was surprised but curious, and I installed Swedish Spring RLS5 on the way you describet in:
3. How to Install a ROM using Clockwork Manually
Unfortunately as I mentioned earlier it hasn’t solved the 166 MB problem.
Do you have any idea what the problem can be?
Why I cannot find ZTE-Blade Recovery Manager and why it doesn’t want to recognize Clockwork, however I followed your description from step by step?
Thanks in advance for your answer.
Anyway, your description about how to install a custom ROM is great. It one of the best descriptions for dummies on the Internet. Thanks for it. I think other geeks should follow as you make instructions.
Regards,
Kventin

Edited by kventin, 04 June 2011 - 08:05 AM.

ILUB

ILUB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
  • Twitter:@ilubilub
dead link for z4root.1.3.0.apk and ZTE-Blade Recovery Manager 0.34b
Please update or tell me other alternatives.

Thanks

ivoonedqlkov

ivoonedqlkov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Z3 BLADE
When i try to install the recovery it says: "Currently instaled recovery: unrecognized"

What do i have to do?

I tried to go with the button down and start the phone but sits only green man?????

rockstarszzzz

rockstarszzzz

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE

When i try to install the recovery it says: "Currently instaled recovery: unrecognized"

What do i have to do?

I tried to go with the button down and start the phone but sits only green man?????

Someone how this thread and the rest feels like totally helpless threads! hardly get helped :D

I own a Windows Phone 7 now and I love it more than anything that my finger have touched. Yes, 'anything' ;)
Hint: HTC Eternity

Posted Image

Gingerbread (leak) Goodies : Themes, AddOns, Mods, Tweaks

mavihs

mavihs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Computers
  • Devices:Dell XCD35
  • Twitter:@mavihs
@OP
where are you??? how about replying to some of the above questions!!!!

agrima350z

agrima350z

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

The instructions say

Hit the MENU button then choose UPDATE DATABASE

Have you done this?
Otherwise:

Once you have RECOVERY on your phone, you can just follow

3. How to Install a ROM using Clockwork Manually

Fistly thanks for an easy to understand post.

I too am upto the point where I install the clockwork recovery file. The message down below says the recovery file is unrecognised.

I ensured wifi and or 3G were connected and updated the database from the menu button.

I've tried rebooting into recovery, but I just get the green android logo with a solid red LED - doesnt boot to clockwork screen. I've also removed the battery, powered on with volume (-) held down, same thing happens.

I've tried multiple versions of the clockwork recovery img and multiple versions of recovery manager (the newest available as well as the versions posted right above) - just doesnt want to work for me.

Been at it for a few hours now, and was hoping to get a bit of help.

Other items to note.
Pigfish told me it was a 2nd Gen ZTE Blade
z4root works
astro file manager used
reason for meddling: want to install CM7

Hope you can help ;)
Thanks
Andrew

rockstarszzzz

rockstarszzzz

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE

Fistly thanks for an easy to understand post.

I too am upto the point where I install the clockwork recovery file. The message down below says the recovery file is unrecognised.

I ensured wifi and or 3G were connected and updated the database from the menu button.

I've tried rebooting into recovery, but I just get the green android logo with a solid red LED - doesnt boot to clockwork screen. I've also removed the battery, powered on with volume (-) held down, same thing happens.

I've tried multiple versions of the clockwork recovery img and multiple versions of recovery manager (the newest available as well as the versions posted right above) - just doesnt want to work for me.

Been at it for a few hours now, and was hoping to get a bit of help.

Other items to note.
Pigfish told me it was a 2nd Gen ZTE Blade
z4root works
astro file manager used
reason for meddling: want to install CM7

Hope you can help ;)
Thanks
Andrew

Hi Andrew

I have had same issue before with this. What I did was:

Install ROM Manager (FREE) from market place or you might find .apk somewhere on internet.
From ROM Manager it was easy to boot into Recovery.

However, I guess it's too late for you as you can't go past the green android, right?
The best thing to try is:
Remove your memory card and then try to reboot.
98% chances are you will get at least one ROM, either new or old working by this method. Once you pass green android, try to get into recovery using ROM Manager.

Also, from now on clean these 3 things:
Dalvik Cache
Wipe Data/ Factory reset
Wipe Cache

All 3 options can be seen in recovery mode, that you enter via ROM Manager.

Hope I've helped :P

I own a Windows Phone 7 now and I love it more than anything that my finger have touched. Yes, 'anything' ;)
Hint: HTC Eternity

Posted Image

Gingerbread (leak) Goodies : Themes, AddOns, Mods, Tweaks

OakleyBoy93

OakleyBoy93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
Sorry to interrupt, is anyone able to help me out?

http://android.modac...-san-francisco/

Many thanks

rwalton159

rwalton159

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@rwalton159

Install ROM Manager (FREE) from market place or you might find .apk somewhere on internet.
From ROM Manager it was easy to boot into Recovery.

Hope I've helped :)

Nice one B)

kventin

kventin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:zte blade original 2.2 froyo

Hi,
I already connected Vodafone, cause they actually sell this devices with 512MB RAM.

Hello vicsekm,
I would like to ask your help.
I want to complain at customer protection office (Fogyasztóvédelem) because of Hungarian Vodafone. They have been selling software fault ZTE Blade cellphones without any warning however they have known the problem since April.
You wrote you contacted with Vodafone in April. Could you be so kind as to share me the identification number of your bug report sheet? (A Bejelentőlap –on a jegyazonosító száma). The number of mine is: 4137750
I complained to Hungarian Vodafone about the software fault ZTE Blades. They’ve offered me 3.000 HUF refund on my phone number. If you think, you can do the same. It does not matter, you are over the grace period (3 or 8 days) because the phones have hidden problem.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards,
Kventin
ps: Hungarian Vodafone is testing a patch to release up 512 MB RAM for Blades.

yellowperil

yellowperil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@na
Could someone please update this thread with the latest versions and steps

I have a greek gen2 andriod 2.2 that was purchased about 2 weeks ago from ebw.gr.

Want to get the 512mb unlocked, started to follow this thread and then gave up as it it now so inconsistent with what you need to do and what you need to download, broken links, unavailable files mentioned or they have been updated with no reference if they are good to use or not...

Thanks in advance, it would be a shame to see a good thread like this wasted by not being updated.

MikeWalsh

MikeWalsh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:iMate SP3i
I really wish Steven would add checksums or MD5s for EVERYTHING. The z4root.1.3.0.apk link is broken and I had to download it from elsewhere. I wish he had provided a signature I could verify against!

oldxfile

oldxfile

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I have a v880 GEN2 phone (China Unicom version). Is there any rom for this that support USB OTG? I searched the forum and found some roms with OTG support, but all of them are for GEN1.

appolus

appolus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
can someone update this?!?!

pawul

pawul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:ZTE n880 CDMA Chinese Blade
  • Twitter:@pawul
Hi Kallt, thx for ur great tutorial. But i want to ask. if this ROM for Blade here can used with chinese blade (ZTE Balde n880)? Coz its different band. My blade is CDMA. Thx.

pawul

pawul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

What do i have to do?

Is ur blade GSM or CDMA ?

pawul

pawul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Someone how this thread and the rest feels like totally helpless threads! hardly get helped :D

1. check your zte blade recovery manager (or just recovery manager for the latest version), is it installed in your phone (internal storage) or sd card. If it installed in your sd card, move it into internal storage with a2sd (click menu->setting->applications->manage applications).

2. After moved, still in a2sd, clear cache and clear data.

3. Then run recovery manager again.

4. Click recovery tab.

5. Click menu and update database.

6. Click install recovery and choose file.

7. Wait until finish, it may give message succed or still unrecognised.

8. Click reboot to recovery.

I hope you'll success.

Note: If u still cant flash it, install rom manager from market (free) and flash recovery from there. It will install clockworkmod recovery but with version 3.2.0.7 (if im not wrong).

Good luck.

stanvladut

stanvladut

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Hello everyone!
I own a Zte Blade.When i bought this phone, android version was 2.1 and then i updated to 2.2 OS.Now, this version is very laggy, even in menu.I want to downgrade my OS from 2.2 to 2.1 OS, but i don't know how to do this.I found on the internet that some phones can't be downgraded, but i don't know about my zte.

After i searched on Google, i found that i can do this with a stock version.I found the stock version i need, but i didn't know how to install it .
I tried to follow the steps from this post, but i ended with my phone bricked.I fixed it but now i'm afraid to try again.
Can you help me please?

Aravind Srivats

Aravind Srivats

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Does this work on Dell XCD35 AKA ZTE Blade - Android 2.2 (Gen2) ?

Androidswede

Androidswede

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
If Recovery Manager keep force closing - try:
  • re-rooting the phone (z4root)
  • removing the Cache of Recovery Manager (in Settings > Applications)
  • Use a task killer to kill both Superuser and Recovery Manager

Nothing of it works.. but when i go to my task killer i can't find recovery manager there.. only superuser what should i do?
Please help! I really want to have cyanogenmod 7 :/

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users