Photo

Dell Streak 5 Not Charging/Not Being Recognized At All.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Kitasm

Kitasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak 5
Long time lurker here, but something odd happened last night when tinkering why my Streak.

I had connected my Streak to my computer through the USB cable and started swapping some files. Once I was finished with what I needed to do, I just unplugged my Streak without disabling USB storage through the Streak or anything close to that. Ever since I pulled that magical trick, my Streak will NOT charge, nor is recognized on my computer when plugged in. It doesn't even hint that it exists. I was thinking the issue was the cable, but it charged another Streak I had. What can be the issue. USB debugging didn't work, fastboot and all that other good stuff will not do the trick. I thought maybe a factory restore might do the trick, but to no avail.

Has anyone run into such a problem before? Can it be alleviated?

emmanuelsdd

emmanuelsdd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Dell streak 5

Long time lurker here, but something odd happened last night when tinkering why my Streak.

I had connected my Streak to my computer through the USB cable and started swapping some files. Once I was finished with what I needed to do, I just unplugged my Streak without disabling USB storage through the Streak or anything close to that. Ever since I pulled that magical trick, my Streak will NOT charge, nor is recognized on my computer when plugged in. It doesn't even hint that it exists. I was thinking the issue was the cable, but it charged another Streak I had. What can be the issue. USB debugging didn't work, fastboot and all that other good stuff will not do the trick. I thought maybe a factory restore might do the trick, but to no avail.

Has anyone run into such a problem before? Can it be alleviated?

Try taking out the battery, then put the case back on and then turn it on while plugged in your pc.

kimheong

kimheong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
My Streak 5 battery is not charging as well after 3 weeks & i read from other forum stating that USB-PC will not charge if battery is flat. Any one has the same problem?

kimheong

kimheong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Try taking out the battery, then put the case back on and then turn it on while plugged in your pc.

It works after trying above method. :) Thanks Emmannuelsdd!!!

Edited by kimheong, 22 June 2011 - 08:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users