Dell Streak 5 Not Charging/Not Being Recognized At All.

Guest Kitasm

Guest Kitasm

Long time lurker here, but something odd happened last night when tinkering why my Streak.

I had connected my Streak to my computer through the USB cable and started swapping some files. Once I was finished with what I needed to do, I just unplugged my Streak without disabling USB storage through the Streak or anything close to that. Ever since I pulled that magical trick, my Streak will NOT charge, nor is recognized on my computer when plugged in. It doesn't even hint that it exists. I was thinking the issue was the cable, but it charged another Streak I had. What can be the issue. USB debugging didn't work, fastboot and all that other good stuff will not do the trick. I thought maybe a factory restore might do the trick, but to no avail.

Has anyone run into such a problem before? Can it be alleviated?

• 1 month later...
Guest emmanuelsdd
Long time lurker here, but something odd happened last night when tinkering why my Streak.

I had connected my Streak to my computer through the USB cable and started swapping some files. Once I was finished with what I needed to do, I just unplugged my Streak without disabling USB storage through the Streak or anything close to that. Ever since I pulled that magical trick, my Streak will NOT charge, nor is recognized on my computer when plugged in. It doesn't even hint that it exists. I was thinking the issue was the cable, but it charged another Streak I had. What can be the issue. USB debugging didn't work, fastboot and all that other good stuff will not do the trick. I thought maybe a factory restore might do the trick, but to no avail.

Has anyone run into such a problem before? Can it be alleviated?

Try taking out the battery, then put the case back on and then turn it on while plugged in your pc.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kimheong

My Streak 5 battery is not charging as well after 3 weeks & i read from other forum stating that USB-PC will not charge if battery is flat. Any one has the same problem?

Guest kimheong
Try taking out the battery, then put the case back on and then turn it on while plugged in your pc.

It works after trying above method. :) Thanks Emmannuelsdd!!!

Edited by kimheong