best 2d/3d driver for Froyo (samsung omnia 2)

Guest h5n1

hey

I think that the 319-page thread about android makes things tough for new comers as half of the posts there are repeated 3 times (I know that's not possible :) (1/2)*3 = 1.5 > 1 :( ) !!

so I decide to separate topics in order to make it easier to find stuff and discuss it (c'mon guys we have the whole forum why just keep using one thread ??)

So I decided to start with 2d/3d drivers and the problem ( wakeup/suspend request )

I found that the best drivers are hey

I think that the 319-page thread about android makes things tough for new comers as half of the posts there are repeated 3 times (I know that's not possible :) (1/2)*3 = 1.5 > 1 :huh: ) !!

so I decide to separate topics in order to make it easier to find stuff and discuss it (c'mon guys we have the whole forum why just keep using one thread ??)

So I decided to start with 2d/3d drivers :

the solution I found is :

after you have install all this mentioned above... try running android see if it works or not... first boot will take about 1minute or so.

Guest l3ong91

In the beta page, all new updates prefix as "o2b3update.tar.gz", so why do you still need a o2bupdate.tar.gz? I think the one which fixes the problem is the second one.

actually you should rename the first one to get it installed :) (I thought that you know that )

and actually the second one only fixes the problem but if you install the first first ! graphics will be faster !!

Guest micmac
actually you should rename the first one to get it installed :) (I thought that you know that )

and actually the second one only fixes the problem but if you install the first first ! graphics will be faster !!

have anyone tried this, is it better than only install the second driver? thx...

Guest andylau
have anyone tried this, is it better than only install the second driver? thx...

i have give it a try yesterday afternoon,but it seems doesnt give any changes ,maybe more time is needed to feel about it. :)

Guest musicman1982

Guys!

Someone played angry birds or other games? Angry birds have a white boxes, some games have a full white screen..not problem, i know this is a BETA, just want to know that i installed the GOOD version of 3d driver..

Guest darkworldzz
Guys!

Someone played angry birds or other games? Angry birds have a white boxes, some games have a full white screen..not problem, i know this is a BETA, just want to know that i installed the GOOD version of 3d driver..

the white boxes cannot be removed with any of the current drivers.. But it is still playable.. Or try the Rio ver.. works flawlessly with the drivers above..

Guest micmac
try this.. it worked for me.. i forgot who made this but i got it through using the search tool ..

Have fun!!

hey thx fren, will try this up8... :mellow:

edit: it seems that my sdcard it mounted at /sdcard but before is /mnt/sdcard

Edited by micmac

Guest POLDASUB
edit: it seems that my sdcard it mounted at /sdcard but before is /mnt/sdcard

you have both path, /sdcard it's link of /mnt/sdcard

the driver works very fine, no SOD after 2 days!.

Thanx

Guest Vinicius Oliveira

Hi i install the o2bupdate.tar.gz (after renaming of course) and after have initially installed the o2b3update.tar.gz on first boot and my Linpack Result jump of 0.87 (97 secs) to 4.7 (17 secs). But after some tries... go back to 0.7(109 secs).

After reinstall o2b3update.tar.gz (2º pass) i can get stable 6.75 MFLOPS in 12 secs.

Edited by Vinicius Oliveira