This is an inf file to setup USB tethering in Windows XP.
I have a U8800H which XP was only picking up as "Huawei HSUSB Device"
The tetherxp.inf fix didn't work for me - I had to manually add the device IDs to get it working.
These are the steps I followed:
1. Connect phone to PC via USB.
2. Go into Phone->Settings->Wireless & networks->Tethering->Enable USB tethering.
3. Windows XP picks up a device but doesn't know what it is.
4. Extract inf to any folder.
5. In the Hardware Wizard choose Update from Sepcific Location->Include this Location in Search
6. Browse to folder with inf
7. Click Next.
8. XP detects an Android USB Ethernet/RNDIS network adapter.
At this point I had a network adapter but no connection.
I went into Control Panel & created a broadband always on network connection which was linked to the adapter.
A new Local Area Connection 5 popped up.
But the adapter was disabled & enabling it only gave a "Connection Failed" message.
I turned tethering off on the phone & back again.
The Local Area Connection 5 changed to connected & is working now.
It's possible you don't need to create the connection yourself - maybe just turning tethering off then on will create the LAN connection for you.
Edited by r0bertdenir0, 25 June 2011 - 01:54 PM.