ROM with no Samsung customizations?

Guest GnatGoSplat

Guest GnatGoSplat

Which ROM has no, or very few, Samsung customizations? I currently have the stock ROM and turned off the TouchUI, but it still has Samsung custom apps for many things. I would like a ROM that is as close to stock Microsoft as possible. Any recommendations?

Guest amdzero

Which ROM has no, or very few, Samsung customizations? I currently have the stock ROM and turned off the TouchUI, but it still has Samsung custom apps for many things. I would like a ROM that is as close to stock Microsoft as possible. Any recommendations?

Many of the Lite roms will be close to stock. Remember tho, the more you remove sammy functions, the more function you loose. Stripping out too much will kill the camera/mms/sms/internet/bt/wifi/etc.

try them all for a few hours and see which one you like.

Guest GnatGoSplat

Many of the Lite roms will be close to stock. Remember tho, the more you remove sammy functions, the more function you loose. Stripping out too much will kill the camera/mms/sms/internet/bt/wifi/etc.

try them all for a few hours and see which one you like.

Does that mean none of the standard Microsoft apps for MMS/SMS/internet/bt/wifi, etc are compatible with the Samsung hardware? I can understand the camera. I'm used to old HTC WinMo phones where camera app was the only thing not stock (before HTC Sense).

Guest xlightwaverx

Does that mean none of the standard Microsoft apps for MMS/SMS/internet/bt/wifi, etc are compatible with the Samsung hardware? I can understand the camera. I'm used to old HTC WinMo phones where camera app was the only thing not stock (before HTC Sense).

Well you could try my ZeroUI Oooberlite ROM. Only thing Samsung is the Settings and Camera. And, well, an advanced Samsung Menu from the T*Omnia Series that replaces the start menu.

Just saying :)

X