• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Anolnx

Anolnx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:HTC Polaris

i was a bit scared of sharing the dump because it might contain passwords. Or are they excluded from the dump by default?

They're in the dump but in another partition, so in another file dumped, as those shared (in data.img and cache.img).

mr1974

mr1974

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
is it simlocked? i am not quite clear on whether it's the boot or the system img which determine the simlock. MR

Anolnx

Anolnx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I used DC-unlocker to make it simlook free before to dump. Tell me if it make your phone free.

mr1974

mr1974

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I'll give it a shot this evening. Am I going to get a french interface though? Anyway many thanks for sharing.

I doubt it will work as I have already flashed the system/boot images extracted from the kenya normal UPDATA.APP and it made no difference. The simlock must be somewhere else (WHERE?)

I'm still quite puzzled as to how they installed the Kenya normal rom above in the thread - there is no way I could find to have this UPDATA.APP format picked up, starting in (mod) recovery mode... I think I'm missing something very basic here as that is the format distributed by huawei...

MR

Anolnx

Anolnx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
OK, I really HATE the boot screen from Bouygues, so I did my own boot screen.

I found an Huawei boot screen from the u8100. I croped the files to the u8350 screen format, and here it is! A nice boot screen for my boulder.
For the quickstart I read that the file size must be small, so I reduced the color ammount, took only key frames, and I got a quickstart boot screen.

Now to install it... To allow operator customisation these files are in /cust/ partition. For Bouygues Telecom it is in /cust/bytel/fr/media/

So: prerequisite:
1- a functional devkit. If you used SuperOneclick to root your phone it is fully functional.
2- a rooted boulder

For windows users:
- Make sure you activated the USB debug mode,
- connect the boulder to the PC, activate the USB drive, copy the 2 files (bootanimation.zip and bootanimationex.zip) to the sdcard.
- desactivate the USBdrive,
- launch a cmd window,
- type "adb devices", you should see your device on the list
- type "adb shell", the shell starts,
- type "su", the # prompt appears,
- type "mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock8 /cust", the /cust partition is now writable,
- on the boulder, use a file explorer (I use ES File Explorer and activate the root mode in the prefs) and copy bootanimation.zip and bootanimationex.zip to the place where your original files are (make a backup perhaps, in case you hate my work),
- if you want, as long as it is writable, delete the operator apk that you don't use (by me they were in /cust/bytel/fr/app/).

Done! you can reboot the phone and enjoy!

mr1974

mr1974

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Grrr... Now uploaded.to says I've reached my account limit...
Can't downoad the rom from <http://uploaded.to/file/lt33ofkv>

Any chance you can place somewhere else?

Anolnx

Anolnx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
There is already 2 links in the post, one for upload.to, one for dl.free.fr .

mr1974

mr1974

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
OK I know it was something fundamental. Geez...

The pdf in the kenya rom reads:

FORCE UPGRADE:
Pressing the VOLUME UP key and VOLUME DOWN key, and then
press the POWER key to power on the phone and enter the Software Upgrade

But the proper way is with
END + VOLUME UP + POWER

As specified here (for another model):
<http://goo.gl/8lU05>

MR

mr1974

mr1974

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Still SIMLOCKED after the kenya update WTF

Downloading the french rom from dl.free.fr....

I'll give that a last shot before buying DC unlocker.

I still don't understand where the lock resides.

MR

Edited by mr1974, 30 November 2011 - 10:08 PM.

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
  • Devices:lots of them
  • Twitter:@sebastian404
the SIMlock lives in the NVRAM, in an area that none of the update process touches.

mr1974

mr1974

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

the SIMlock lives in the NVRAM, in an area that none of the update process touches.

But then how could they get rid of the simlock with the Kenya update, above in the thread? Is that all BS?

misterwoo

misterwoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I just attempted this on my u8350, now it won't boot. Have I bricked it?

(me==green)

misterwoo

misterwoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I have just attempted this on my U8350, adb method. Now it does not boot .. any ideas how I can get out of this?

thanks!

Please find attached *MY* build of the latest version of Koush's ClockworkMod Recovery for the Orange Barcelona/Huawei U8350. It is not officially supported by Koush, please do not bother him with support questions for this build.

I have tested it as much as I can, but I'm always open to any more constructive feedback. Please see one post down for a change log for THIS build.

To install:

• Recovery ManagerDownload the img file to your SD card, and then you can use the Recovery Manager application to install your recovery, note your device must be rooted to run Recovery Manager.

ADB method
  • Download the support files and unzip them to your PC.
  • Place the files along with the recovery img file into a directory.
  • From a command prompt cd into that directory and type the following commands:
    adb push psneuter /data/local/
    adb shell chmod 04775 /data/local/psneuter
    adb shell /data/local/psneuter
    adb push flash_image /data/local/
    adb shell chmod 04775 /data/local/flash_image
    adb push recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.4-u8350.img /sdcard/
    adb shell /data/local/flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.4-u8350.img
    adb reboot recovery
  • When this finishes, you device should reboot into ClockworkMod Reovery

<li>fastboot method
  • Unplug the USB cable, turn off your device and take out the battery
  • Replace the battery and turn the device on holding the 'Power' & 'volume down' key. The device will stay at the 'egg timer' screen.
  • Plug the device into the PC.
  • From a command prompt run 'fastboot flash recovery <filename>.img'
  • When this finishes, from the command prompt run 'fastboot reboot'

<li>update.zip methodIf you have a previous version or another recovery install, install the update.zip and restart your device.
How to Enter recovery mode:
  • restart your device holding down the 'power', 'volume up' & 'Call (green)' keys
  • Use the Recovery Manager application to Reboot into Recovery
  • if you have ADB configured type 'adb reboot recovery' from the command line.

Downloads:The Latest version of Clockworkmod Recovery can found here
Previous versions:
  • Older versions of Clockwork recovery can be found here.

Official release
  • Official versions of ClockworkMod Recovery if available for this device can be found here

Warning:
  • Support for the old style update files that use the Amend scripting (update-script) method is no longer supported With ClockworkMod Recovery from v3 onwards.

Source
  • The Device Config to build ClockworkMod Recovery as part of CyanogenMod can be found on my GitHub.

quazar666

quazar666

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
hi Sebastian404,

did you happen to have time to look at my romdump?

Recovery is also not working for misterwoo, so there might indeed be a new firmware version with different recovery behaviour on the market.

edit: the phone is able to boot into software upgrade mode, but I do not think that that will help?

Edited by quazar666, 02 December 2011 - 09:26 AM.

idcom

idcom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:SPV e650

But then how could they get rid of the simlock with the Kenya update, above in the thread? Is that all BS?

I don't think I ever said that there was a way to soft remove the simlock. I paid a website referred to on the forums. After I did the unlock I then did the ROM change to Kenya and it held. Sebastian was trying for a soft unlock but didn't get anywhere. Wife now uses the phone so I'm not allowed to play with it. ;)

Edited by idcom, 02 December 2011 - 08:46 AM.

mr1974

mr1974

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

I don't think I ever said that there was a way to soft remove the simlock. I paid a website referred to on the forums. After I did the unlock I then did the ROM change to Kenya and it held. Sebastian was trying for a soft unlock but didn't get anywhere. Wife now uses the phone so I'm not allowed to play with it. ;)

Perhaps not explicitly, but the sequence of messages really seemed to indicate it.

<http://goo.gl/obstB>
"Does this mean it's now SIM-unlocked..? (ie. phone works with other SIM cards, not just Orange UK)"
"No, but it will be locked to a Kenya Network provider"

Then immediately after that:
<http://goo.gl/cmcjg>
"I have unlocked my Barcelona and I am using the Kenya Normal ROM"

That's what bugged me. You didn't say anywhere you had used DC-unlocker to unlock!

Anyway, the NVRAM comment sort of clarified everything...

I renew my thanks for all the info you've provided guys.
MR

mr1974

mr1974

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

edit: the phone is able to boot into software upgrade mode, but I do not think that that will help?

You should be able to put the Kenya rom on with the software upgrade mode.

quazar666

quazar666

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

You should be able to put the Kenya rom on with the software upgrade mode.

How does that work?

edit: link to the romdump:https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/dump.zip?w=5a90f857

Edited by quazar666, 02 December 2011 - 04:33 PM.

ducatman

ducatman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hello

im user huawei U8350 french operator bouygues

i m search this rom U8350 V100R001C101B626 (France Bouygues) ( links is dead )

thanks for your aide

sorry for my bad english :D

Anolnx

Anolnx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hi, I have just attempted this on my U8350, adb method. Now it does not boot .. any ideas how I can get out of this?

thanks!

Retry to flash using fastboot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users