Baseband 725 - 9 AUG, FLS files for SmartFlash

Guest bhanvadia

Guest Stevvie

Install from zip using cwm. And wipe dalvik and cache before reboot

OK, now WiFi locks but still No Network/carrier I'm on T-Mobile UK Waited 10 minutes Which I think should be long enough as I get a very strong signal.

If I use LG GetRIL and install any of the 622 RIL's then turn off/on use only 2G I'll get a network/carrier lock in seconds.

Also noticed that with RIL 725 my battery reads at 999% even after a wipe and reboot.

Anybody else using this 725 baseband/Ril on GR2 ?

Edited by Stevvie

Guest flyingdog77

If you want to flash baseband dont use KDZ, i extracted these files for baseband. And kdz flashing is topic in modaco optimus black forum if you still want to flash it.

I wanted to try for the first time a KDZ stock original.. I always used MCR, GR, CM.. let's give LG a chance..

thanks I am using this http://android.modaco.com/topic/339219-lg-p970-optimus-black-clockworkmod/page__st__20__p__1708746#entry1708746

hope it is the correct one, I have a tons of ModelDLL msg not found ... kind of scaring while flashing

Guest morckx

OK, now WiFi locks but still No Network/carrier I'm on T-Mobile UK Waited 10 minutes Which I think should be long enough as I get a very strong signal.

If I use LG GetRIL and install any of the 622 RIL's then turn off/on use only 2G I'll get a network/carrier lock in seconds.

Also noticed that with RIL 725 my battery reads at 999% even after a wipe and reboot.

I also had no luck with Gr2 and the 725 RIL ("baseband unknown" and no carrier) no matter if I installed the RIL via the CWM-flashable zip or via LG GetRIL. Now I use the the 725 baseband with the 622 Gingerbread-leak RIL which seems to work. The status bar still displays "G" instead of "H" (?), but with speedtest I get download rates of 4Mbit/s...

M.

Guest shpapy

hello again,<br /><br />i flashed the new BB and new RIL.<br />but i got couple of questions that i hope some1 can help me with them<br /><br />1. when the phone started after the new BB, all my apps were gone but the CWM was still installed, and i got all my pics still on the phone. so i guess the new BB dosent touch the internal card?<br />2. when i use CWM to advanced restore what should i restore? only data? or more things?<br />3. after playing around and restoring data when i goto about phone i get FC of process.android.phone i cleared all the cache what now?<br /><br />thanks a lot for the reading and helping a n00b like me :-)

p.s. i am running stock v10c since my BB is the latest if i get OTA of v10D i wont be eligible to install right?

Edited by shpapy

Guest bhanvadia
I'm on MCR FR19 (Fear Kill). I would like to try new baseband.

Will current basband get backup if i do CWM backup ? and can i restore it back ?

In cwm baseband do not get backup. Baseband are to be flashed by smartflash.

Guest kruppin

Oh, So if i wanted to go back to old Basband what should i do ?

Flash the old one with smartflash ofc.. You can get alost everone on xda, and the lastest ones in the baseband thread here.. :)

from what I can tell from the logs, if you flash the largest file, all other files are being flashed automatically,

I flashed from smallest to highest (because that is the order the smartflash utility flashes the files) and each time the previous steps were repeated.

Guest torbjorne

Had that problem with 622 and GR2. Try to disable and enable data traffic once.

Went back to CM7 btw

Had that problem with 622 and GR2. Try to disable and enable data traffic once.

Went back to CM7 btw

flashed 0725, reinstalled fr19 clean, installed neoblaze kernel, installed new ril, everything works smooth and fine.

Guest Peterfdevries

Just installed the nee BB according to the opening post. Works all fine for me. WiFi connects really quick, gps and bluetooth alsof working as it should. I only noticed a batterydrain, but that might be a combination of using whatsapp extremely much with the fact that I used battery calibration. Anyone else noticed batterydrain?

You need to flash all 4 files one by one using SmartFlash. And flash from descending order Larger file first, and smallest file last.

There is no need in flashing files one by one. You can start SmartFlash in Normal D/L mode, add all 4 files in the filelist and flash them at once.

Guest bhanvadia

There is no need in flashing files one by one. You can start SmartFlash in Normal D/L mode, add all 4 files in the filelist and flash them at once.

very nice and helpful findings. will check it out when go on windows again

I only flashed the largest of these files, and everything seems to be working perfectly with Fr19 without flashing any of the others. The baseband is reported as 1035.21_20110725.

Don't know if I'm running proper 725, or some hybrid 622/725 mix, but whatever it is it seems to be working fine so far.

Guest bhanvadia
I uploaded the standalone BB in the forum post.

P

Thanks. But how to do that? We could have just saved your little time so you can work on rom

Guest bhanvadia
if i use the correct ril i get no carrier connect and info shows unkown baseband.... how can i fix that?

You must be on GR2. To for that can you try paul's new single file baseband.

But before that please go to recovery and wipe dalvik