Baseband 725 - 9 AUG, FLS files for SmartFlash

Guest bhanvadia

Guest bhanvadia

Hi all

New Greece Rom v10D has been released by LG with lots of fix and specially new Baseband 0725, that means this baseband is atleast 1 month more newer and improved than our old 622.

New baseband I extracted from kdz file of the rom, so its not like cp.fls one single file, but it is original 4 .fls files.

You need to flash all 4 files one by one using SmartFlash. And flash from descending order Larger file first, and smallest file last.

Here are the fls files in zip BB_725_V10D

Guide on flashing fls using SmartFlash use http://android.modac...03521-20110622/

This baseband has best call voice quality of all basebands available till date.

FOR Matching Ril use LG GetRIL app by sibbor.

OR

Here is flashable RIL, just flash from CWM recovery. Flashable_RIL thanks to temasek @xda

Regards,

And enjoy new baseband.

post-912587-0-32165800-1312922576_thumb.

Edited by bhanvadia

Guest kruppin

Thanks! :) How did you extract the wdb-file btw? Tried but without luck. And you have flashed this yourself this way, (and not though the kdz) so you're sure it's working? :P And also, is the phone wiped after with this type of smartflashing also? Guess so, but would be nice if not. :)

Guest bhanvadia

Thanks! :) How did you extract the wdb-file btw? Tried but without luck. And you have flashed this yourself this way, (and not though the kdz) so you're sure it's working? :P And also, is the phone wiped after with this type of smartflashing also? Guess so, but would be nice if not. :)

I extracted these files while running kdz tool. And yeah many people flashed this way, and everything is running.

Wiping and all remain same as other baseband SmartFlash.

And first thing about doing anything is to do nandroid backup, so everything would be safe.

PS: I also flashed this way once to check and its running. BUT could not verify that its old my 0725 flash is perfect or new this flash is good.

But its working for sure :D...

Dont forget to get RIL from Get Lge Ril app.

Guest kruppin

Ah, ok! :) Didn't even think about that it extacts before flash. :P Will try it now, will be back with results. And thanks again, much appreciated!

Edit: Works great! :) Hopefully the battery will last alittle longer with this also, because then it's perfect! :)

Edited by kruppin

Guest FPSAUS4EVER

Hi, can i do a nandroid backup of my ROM with bandstand 1305_21.20110622 and install this one and then go back to my backup. Will it work or do i have to wipe/flash it again.

Guest bhanvadia

Hi, can i do a nandroid backup of my ROM with bandstand 1305_21.20110622 and install this one and then go back to my backup. Will it work or do i have to wipe/flash it again.

Yeah do backup, SmartFlash BB, and then reboot once. Then restart go to recovery, and restore your backup.

But after restore, you will need to download ril file again, by using Get Lge Ril app from sibbor.

Guest bhanvadia

Go on XDA, forums, o2x, themes and apps, and find LG get Ril. The app is downloadable if I remember

Added link to flashable RIL for 725, download and flash with CWM

i just finished flashing bb725 with fr19 and the ril from LG getRIL but when i tried to restore my apps and data with titanuum backup, it says there is no root privileges, and the application will not work.

is there anything i can do?

Edited by netz

Guest bhanvadia

i just finished flashing bb725 with fr19 and the ril from LG getRIL but when i tried to restore my apps and data with titanuum backup, it says there is no root privileges, and the application will not work.

is there anything i can do?

Just try to root it back with SuperOneClick. It takes just 15 seconds.

Guest flyingdog77

guys, silly question. I flashed all sort of things on my phone since I purchased it.. but never a stock rom... how to flash a KDZ? I downloaded from LG the KDZ for V10D with this new baseband

Guest Jay_Snake

wow I just received an ota update from lg and I cant intall it. It says bad packet. I was at 622 so I suppose its the 725 (its 7.26 mb)

That's probably because you have clockwork recovery and rooted your O2X. That bring up the bad packet message. Get the normal recovery back and unroot your phone en you'll be able to do the ota.

Guest bhanvadia

guys, silly question. I flashed all sort of things on my phone since I purchased it.. but never a stock rom... how to flash a KDZ? I downloaded from LG the KDZ for V10D with this new baseband

If you want to flash baseband dont use KDZ, i extracted these files for baseband. And kdz flashing is topic in modaco optimus black forum if you still want to flash it.

Guest flyingdog77

If you want to flash baseband dont use KDZ, i extracted these files for baseband. And kdz flashing is topic in modaco optimus black forum if you still want to flash it.

actually, I never had a stock rom on this device. When I purchased it the battery drain was embarassing, I moved to Modaco, tried CM7 .. during the nightlies... flashed always every single baseband manually up to 622 (via smartflash).. I read you have the 4 different files and not the cp.fls. Looks dangerous! anyway, I read around that this stock rom is not bad at all and I was kind of thinking to try for the first time a stock rom just stock from LG.. this is why I was thinking to the KDZ

Guest Stevvie

Looks like if I install the 725 RIL on GR2 from LG GetRIL then I NEVER get a carrier lock or WiFi lock. But going back to any of the 622 RIL's It all works fine.

Guest bhanvadia

actually, I never had a stock rom on this device. When I purchased it the battery drain was embarassing, I moved to Modaco, tried CM7 .. during the nightlies... flashed always every single baseband manually up to 622 (via smartflash).. I read you have the 4 different files and not the cp.fls. Looks dangerous! anyway, I read around that this stock rom is not bad at all and I was kind of thinking to try for the first time a stock rom just stock from LG.. this is why I was thinking to the KDZ

Well four fls files works. My upload counter say 300 downloads in 24 hours, I assume at least 20% from them flashed. And its been reported working and also tested by myself.

Edited by bhanvadia

That's probably because you have clockwork recovery and rooted your O2X. That bring up the bad packet message. Get the normal recovery back and unroot your phone en you'll be able to do the ota.

I dont have recovery. I unrooted restarted but still i get the bad packet message. Probably superoneclick leaves traces? Apps I had that needed root couldnt run and they where asking me for root but when i tryed to reroot soc told be that the device may probably already be rooted (witch it wasnt since i could run programs asking for root) Oh well ill probably live with 622 for now

Guest bhanvadia
Looks like if I install the 725 RIL on GR2 from LG GetRIL then I NEVER get a carrier lock or WiFi lock. But going back to any of the 622 RIL's It all works fine.

Install from zip using cwm. And wipe dalvik and cache before reboot