Question before I shell out 600+ bucks

Guest Lancez

Guest Lancez

Hi guys

Went to a local shop to check out SGS II today. A fine piece of technology, indeed. But I've been back and forth. I know most of you guys would say "just do it " LOL, but before i shell out 600+ of my hard earned money, I'd like to ask a very simple question, is your SGS II made in China? Coz I noticed that on the back of the phone and a little hesitated to make purchase. Would appreciate any inputs. Thanks in advance.

Guest Gary Crutcher

Hi guys

Went to a local shop to check out SGS II today. A fine piece of technology, indeed. But I've been back and forth. I know most of you guys would say "just do it " LOL, but before i shell out 600+ of my hard earned money, I'd like to ask a very simple question, is your SGS II made in China? Coz I noticed that on the back of the phone and a little hesitated to make purchase. Would appreciate any inputs. Thanks in advance.

Hi Lance,

Gary here....Regardless of where it's made, this is one awesome phone. I have had mine for about a 2 months now and

am still amazed. Much better than the Omnia II and much better than the Galaxy S I.

Edit: Popped my cover and it says: Made in China by Samsung

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest Lancez

Hi Lance,

Gary here....Regardless of where it's made, this is one awesome phone. I have had mine for about a 2 months now and

am still amazed. Much better than the Omnia II and much better than the Galaxy S I.

Edit: Popped my cover and it says: Made in China by Samsung

hey, buddy

it's been a long time :D well, i just got it this afternoon! LOL, amazing phone even with stock ROM. but i didn't even see where it was made, it just say" made by samsung" :blink: but i think it's gonna be alright, coz my phone is from eastern europe, got some weird eastern european language showing when i turn it on the first time. just flashed it to KH3 and rooted by chainfire's kernel. everything's working flawlessly. am really satisfied. thanks for your reply. hopefully, will see your custom ROMs soon (i know you can do it) :)

Guest Gary Crutcher

hey, buddy

it's been a long time :D well, i just got it this afternoon! LOL, amazing phone even with stock ROM. but i didn't even see where it was made, it just say" made by samsung" :blink: but i think it's gonna be alright, coz my phone is from eastern europe, got some weird eastern european language showing when i turn it on the first time. just flashed it to KH3 and rooted by chainfire's kernel. everything's working flawlessly. am really satisfied. thanks for your reply. hopefully, will see your custom ROMs soon (i know you can do it) :)

You may want to look at Ninphetamine-2.1.2 kernel over on xda-developers:

Ninphetamine Kernel

I switched from Speedmod kernel to his and it's much better.

I have included some mods on this forum - check'em out.

Let me know if you want a completely deodexed KH3 rom with extended power menu - have not posted this yet.

Guest Lancez

You may want to look at Ninphetamine-2.1.2 kernel over on xda-developers:

Ninphetamine Kernel

I switched from Speedmod kernel to his and it's much better.

I have included some mods on this forum - check'em out.

Let me know if you want a completely deodexed KH3 rom with extended power menu - have not posted this yet.

wow, that'll be great if you can post deodexd KH3, it'll save me a lot of times :lol:

will check that kernel out after i flashed your KH3 :P

Guest Gary Crutcher

wow, that'll be great if you can post deodexd KH3, it'll save me a lot of times :lol:

will check that kernel out after i flashed your KH3 :P

I will post it today.

Guest Lancez

I will post it today.

it's 2340 here, kinda wish that you would post it within an hour or so, otherwise it's gonna be hard to sleep :P

really appreciate it

Guest Gary Crutcher

it's 2340 here, kinda wish that you would post it within an hour or so, otherwise it's gonna be hard to sleep :P

really appreciate it

I'm uploading now...Bangkok has some of the slowest ISPs in SE Asia.

According to Mega Upload it will be about an hour to finish the upload.

Guest Lancez

I'm uploading now...Bangkok has some of the slowest ISPs in SE Asia.

According to Mega Upload it will be about an hour to finish the upload.

waiting :P