[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest shoarmabakpao

In Dutch we call this "the world upside down". Mess with your android to install an app? I should say the app should be modified to meet your system specs. Like trying install IE9 to windoze 3.1

Don't you think you must reboot android so much because you are expirimenting with it and its fs so much? I don't have to reboot.

Edit: Another question pops up: Is DSP supported in the kernel? If no, it wont work

I never thought about the kernel support. DSPManager works with no problems on ALL rooted android 2.3 devices.

On android 2.2 devices there is some hassle.

Guest erikcas

I never thought about the kernel support. DSPManager works with no problems on ALL rooted android 2.3 devices.

On android 2.2 devices there is some hassle.

All native or al ported also?

I come from China. Through the translation software to write words

I change the sd.cpio.gz inside ( init ) file to achieve

Can my storage automatic partition.

You can install B3 to my Storage NEW

1 primary partitions FAT32

Changed to: 3 FAT32 ext4 swap

The 2 partition of fat 32 ext4

Changed to: 3 FAT32 ext4 swap

Does not damage the FAT32 data

Major changes:

oldsize=`parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 unit MB print|grep fat32|awk -F'MB' '{print $2}'`

fat32s=`parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 unit MB print|grep fat32|awk '{print $1}'`

Another change part

To determine the address, and then delete partition

#下个判断

elif [ "$ext4" == 1 ] && [ "$swap" == 0 ];

then

#调整FAT32分区

fat32endsize=$((`parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 unit MB print|grep fat32|awk -F'MB' '{print $2}'` - 136))

echo "FAT32 partition new size: $fat32endsize"

checkfat

parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 resize $fat32num $fat32s $fat32endsize

#下面交重点

#重建ext4分区

echo "Creating ext4 and swap partitions."

extendsize=$((`parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 unit MB print|grep ext|awk -F'MB' '{print $2}'` - 136))

parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 rm $ext4num

echo "EXT4 partition size: xxx MB"

parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 mkpartfs primary ext2 $fat32endsize $extendsize

extnum=`parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 print|grep ext|awk '{print $1}'`

#mke2fs -T ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p$extnum

tune2fs -O dir_index,uninit_bg,has_journal /dev/block/mmcblk0p$extnum > /dev/null

e2fsck -pf /dev/block/mmcblk0p$extnum > /dev/null

#建swap交换分区

extendsize=`parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 unit MB print|grep ext|awk -F'MB' '{print $2}'`

swapendsize=$(($extendsize + 128))

echo "SWAP partition size: 128 MB"

parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 mkpartfs primary linux-swap $extendsize $swapendsize

swapnum=`parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 print|grep swap|awk '{print $1}'`

mkswap /dev/block/mmcblk0p$swapnum

parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 print

Here is the file

my email : [email protected]

init.rar

Oh, i guess you misunderstood. I did a downgrade, not a upgrade. Beta 3 have 64mb for G3D, i compiled a new kernel with only 48mb for G3D. And as i said, Angry Birds Rio have no white squares even with 48mb, so theoretically next release could bring just 48mb since it's enough for AngryBirds Rio (i'm using it as a base) what results in more free memory for the system.

Some people ask for more 3D improvements, others for more memory... trying to find a middle term.

how can you reduce 3d memory

juest edit the reverse_mem.h file?

#define RESERVED_G3D (64 * 1024 * 1024) /* G3D is shared with uppper memory areas */ //34

i had done it before, and got a new kernel, but the new kenrnel something can't work. pending on the android boot

can you share you kernel update, or tell me how to do it?

Edited by mtdxc

Guest shoarmabakpao

All native or al ported also?

Yes, ported also. My very old Xperia X1 has android 2.3 on it with DSPManager working with full bass options.

Guest rom_omnia2

how can you reduce 3d memory

juest edit the reverse_mem.h file?

#define RESERVED_G3D (64 * 1024 * 1024) /* G3D is shared with uppper memory areas */ //34

i had done it before, and got a new kernel, but the new kenrnel something can't work. pending on the android boot

can you share you kernel update, or tell me how to do it?

Read this. but it's not that simple, it's just for testing. Don't use it as a stable release, you may have problems (phone signal, SOD, freezes).PM me if don't work.

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest erikcas

Yes, ported also. My very old Xperia X1 has android 2.3 on it with DSPManager working with full bass options.

That is just one example of a ported droid?

Guest shoarmabakpao

That is just one example of a ported droid?

That is the only example of which I have seen it working.

see this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=783737

I followed that one to make DSPManager work on Froyo Beta 2. The thing is the program works. But I couldn't find any android 2.2 DSPManager's with Bass Boost option. Only android 2.3 DSPManager's had that option. That Bass Option kind of makes up for the lack of SRS WoW HD.

Guest voyteckst

yes

any news about my storage installer or beta 4?

Sorry but I have to be sarcastic ;-)

Don't You think, that if there would be any news, they would be posted on main page or in first post?

Guest ralph760

3- Changing configuration files:

vold.fstab in /media/system/system/etc

sudo vi /media/system/system/etc/vold.fstab
Change the following line:
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0[/code]

Like this:

[code]dev_mount sdcard /sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1[/code]
[b]init.rc [/b]in[b] /media/system/[/b] (optional: If you want to use your external SD card)
[code]sudo vi /media/system/init.rc[/code]
[/color] [color=#222222] Change the following line:
[code]mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage[/code]
Like this:
[code]mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /storage[/code]
[/color][color=#222222][b] [/b] [b]fstab[/b] in [b]/media/system/system/etc[/b][/color][/font]
[code]sudo touch /media/system/system/etc/fstab sudo chmod 666 /media/system/system/etc/fstab sudo echo /dev/block/mmcblk1p3 swap swap defaults 0 0 > /media/system/system/etc/fstab[/code]

[font=Arial][color=#222222][b]

[/b]

[/color][/font][b]

[/b]

Newbie of Ubuntu here. Wonder how above action to be complete

i'm able to open the text in a terminal page but after i change the concern line. i can't save my action or further step. if i close the terminal window, all thing will be gone.

Guest lemalin

Newbie of Ubuntu here. Wonder how above action to be complete

i'm able to open the text in a terminal page but after i change the concern line. i can't save my action or further step. if i close the terminal window, all thing will be gone.

If you are not that familiar with ubuntu, it would be easier to use different text editor. Try to use gedit or nano (depending what you have installed). try to replace vi by gedit and edit the file.

Guest mihai_mihai

a simple way to install on my storage fom modaco.pl

http://anonym.to/?http://hermeticum.blink.pl/beta3_froyo_tbi.rar

TUTURIAL install Android on beta3 OMNIA2 My Memories.

NOT LIABLE FOR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE INSTALLATION. DOING EVERYTHING FOR YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

You will need:

First OMNIA 2 8GB

Second Beta3_froyo_tbi.rar Pack (166MB)

Third Well, USB kabelek Smile

Installation of full time about 10 min.

Froyo OMNIA2 partition is ready for installation on my memory.

There is no need to configure. All necessary changes are included it in this version.

No need to have Linux to install, everything we do under Windows. Installation tested - it works.

STEP 1 Partitioning.

a. Set the mode O2 USB storage 'MY MEMORY'.

b. Connect the O2 to the computer via USB

c. Run the Wizard of MiniTool Partion location utils-> programs-> partionwizard.cmd. Powinineś see all your drives including partitions My Memories.

c1. If you see a FAT32 partition. Select the partition and select options from the toolbar at the top "Move / Resize". Enter the value of the partition of 6688, and OK. Then apply the changes Aplly. (Optional as you do not have a hidden partition).

c2. If you see two partitions, including the second is the size of 512MB.

- Copy the entire contents of my memory to the hard disk (for security)

- Delete all partitions by selecting the partition, and DELETE.

- The register space CREATE a new partition. Select Create As 'PRIMARY' (this is important!). File System "FAT32". Partion Size of finger type 6688 and click OK. APPLY Apply conversion.

- Check the resulting partition and select Format. Select File System "FAT32" and OK. At the end of APPLY. THIS PARTITION WILL BE SHOWN AS MY PHONE The MEMORY smaller capacity. AT THE END OF FILES BACK lose to the HARD DISK PARTITIONS AT TA.

d. Select the free space and select CREATE. Create As 'PRIMARY' (this is important!). File System "EXT4". Partion Size of finger type 1024 (exactly 1GB). And OK. Mark created the partition and select Format in which to select EXT4 File System. Then OK. At the end let APPLY (ie, apply the changes). Partition will be created and already formatted EXT4.

e. Check the rest of free space, and again select CREATE. Select Create As 'PRIMARY' (Important!!) And File System (Linux Swap). Confirm OK. Like the point. created above, select the partition and select Format. Again, select File System (Linux Swap). At the end let APPLY. Will be created and formatted the partition SWAP.

You can close Partion Wizard and restart the phone.

Step.2

Installing Android. Reconnect the phone via USB to a PC.

a. Run Image for Windows from the location utils-> programs-> ImageForWindows.cmd. It is a trail version, wait 20sekund and the program will start.

b. Select Options Restore (Normal) and the next.

c. Select the disk where the image partition and next.

d. Find the file ext4_clear_tbi.TBI Select it, and next

e. Select the partition to restore. It should be 1020MB LinuxNative (03) and next

f. The partition table find the early founded partition of 1028MB LinuxNative (02). Select it and the next

g. Give that YES you agree that the overriding partition.

h. do not change anything just next

g. START. Mirror partition clean beta3 is used on the My Memories.

i. READY. You can disable the program.

Three files zImage, haret.exe, startup.txt lose to the root of my memory.

Running through haret.exe from your phone.

Good luck. Smile

Guest mihai_mihai

a simple way to install on my storage fom con-modaco.pl

http://anonym.to/?ht...3_froyo_tbi.rar

TUTURIAL install Android on beta3 OMNIA2 My Memories.

NOT LIABLE FOR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE INSTALLATION. DOING EVERYTHING FOR YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

You will need:

First OMNIA 2 8GB

Second Beta3_froyo_tbi.rar Pack (166MB)

Third Well, USB kabelek Smile

Installation of full time about 10 min.

Froyo OMNIA2 partition is ready for installation on my memory.

There is no need to configure. All necessary changes are included it in this version.

No need to have Linux to install, everything we do under Windows. Installation tested - it works.

STEP 1 Partitioning.

a. Set the mode O2 USB storage 'MY MEMORY'.

b. Connect the O2 to the computer via USB

c. Run the Wizard of MiniTool Partion location utils-> programs-> partionwizard.cmd. Powinineś see all your drives including partitions My Memories.

c1. If you see a FAT32 partition. Select the partition and select options from the toolbar at the top "Move / Resize". Enter the value of the partition of 6688, and OK. Then apply the changes Aplly. (Optional as you do not have a hidden partition).

c2. If you see two partitions, including the second is the size of 512MB.

- Copy the entire contents of my memory to the hard disk (for security)

- Delete all partitions by selecting the partition, and DELETE.

- The register space CREATE a new partition. Select Create As 'PRIMARY' (this is important!). File System "FAT32". Partion Size of finger type 6688 and click OK. APPLY Apply conversion.

- Check the resulting partition and select Format. Select File System "FAT32" and OK. At the end of APPLY. THIS PARTITION WILL BE SHOWN AS MY PHONE The MEMORY smaller capacity. AT THE END OF FILES BACK lose to the HARD DISK PARTITIONS AT TA.

d. Select the free space and select CREATE. Create As 'PRIMARY' (this is important!). File System "EXT4". Partion Size of finger type 1024 (exactly 1GB). And OK. Mark created the partition and select Format in which to select EXT4 File System. Then OK. At the end let APPLY (ie, apply the changes). Partition will be created and already formatted EXT4.

e. Check the rest of free space, and again select CREATE. Select Create As 'PRIMARY' (Important!!) And File System (Linux Swap). Confirm OK. Like the point. created above, select the partition and select Format. Again, select File System (Linux Swap). At the end let APPLY. Will be created and formatted the partition SWAP.

You can close Partion Wizard and restart the phone.

Step.2

Installing Android. Reconnect the phone via USB to a PC.

a. Run Image for Windows from the location utils-> programs-> ImageForWindows.cmd. It is a trail version, wait 20sekund and the program will start.

b. Select Options Restore (Normal) and the next.

c. Select the disk where the image partition and next.

d. Find the file ext4_clear_tbi.TBI Select it, and next

e. Select the partition to restore. It should be 1020MB LinuxNative (03) and next

f. The partition table find the early founded partition of 1028MB LinuxNative (02). Select it and the next

g. Give that YES you agree that the overriding partition.

h. do not change anything just next

g. START. Mirror partition clean beta3 is used on the My Memories.

i. READY. You can disable the program.

Three files zImage, haret.exe, startup.txt lose to the root of my memory.

Running through haret.exe from your phone.

Good luck. Smile

Edited by mihai_mihai

Guest Boddish

Do anyone knows if dev team or anyone is working in a patch or update to increase battery life?

because Omnia II battery have a lot of potencial, and if its not in working, could be best even get another phonedry.gif...(oh no, my omniasad.gif)...

Guest LuisGTF

#2345 I have tested:

Installation work ok!,

loading ok, and already configured...

Swap is ok

Usb - Pc isnt work ok

SD Card mounted in Storage folder

rest system seem ok

Thanx for ur work Mihai_Mihai. ;)

Edited by LuisGTF

Guest ralph760

If you are not that familiar with ubuntu, it would be easier to use different text editor. Try to use gedit or nano (depending what you have installed). try to replace vi by gedit and edit the file.

Thank for your reply. Due to rush to work, i just try. It worked!

I will try to install beta3 after work. hope it will work. Coz i try to run without changing the configuration. My phone run until finish battery still freeze on the "omnia 2 to android Loading .." screen

Hi Voyteckst,

I believe (or hope) there would be more improvement on the bluetooth performance.

It seems with bluetooth connected, either app or call answering could be pretty unstable.