Photo

Want to unlock your OMC / Skate? Tutorial here!

* * * * * 9 votes

• Please log in to reply
718 replies to this topic

killerval

killerval

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:zte skate (OMC)
thanks guys, yeah i got it sorted, i just switched usb port on my computer and for some reason that made a difference... the reason for the previous post was i didnt know whether i could unplug the phone when in ftm mode.
so yeah, its all good thanks :)

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Devices:Vodafone Smart 4 mini
Well I spent about three hours today trying and failing to unlock. So back home I actually sat down and read the entire thread. Things are now a little clearer. Putting the battery back at stage 6 seems to be the way to go. Also QPST is less mystifying, although I have to say that this program is extremely slow to respond on Windows XP, you think nothing is happening whereas, in reality, things are grinding away at a glacial pace in the background.

I shall be having another go next weekend, although I have a question: if you have a brand new phone, at which point in the list can I safely start; if the phone is rooted, has Titanium back up installed but no custom roms again, where should I start. If I successfully unlock and install ClockworkMod, will have to root again?

Due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog. [Hitchhiker's guide to the gallery: Douglas Adams]

Badinternet.jpg

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei U8150

Well I spent about three hours today trying and failing to unlock. So back home I actually sat down and read the entire thread. Things are now a little clearer. Putting the battery back at stage 6 seems to be the way to go. Also QPST is less mystifying, although I have to say that this program is extremely slow to respond on Windows XP, you think nothing is happening whereas, in reality, things are grinding away at a glacial pace in the background.

I shall be having another go next weekend, although I have a question: if you have a brand new phone, at which point in the list can I safely start; if the phone is rooted, has Titanium back up installed but no custom roms again, where should I start. If I successfully unlock and install ClockworkMod, will have to root again?

Yes you will have to.

If you like my work or if I helped, click the Plus button.

MadeInMachines

MadeInMachines

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo / ZTE Skate
Hi tilal. I eventually decided to install parallels on mac to run windows 7 to do this tutorial and unlock and root my OMC. I'm stuck on step 6 of your how to
unlock the OMC tutorial

I'm running windows 7 64 bit through parallels desktop on osx lion. The usb is plugged into windows properly. When i double click the bat file a black window flashes up for a slip second and closes - I tried step 7 but none of what was supposed to happen did. My phone didn't switch off or vibrate and nothing appeared after turning off, removing battery, plugging back in via usb whilst holding the volume button - so I presume that stage 6 isnt working for me for some reason. The app seems incompatible - could it be a 64 bit windows issue?

Edited by MadeInMachines, 26 January 2012 - 09:53 PM.

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Devices:SGS3 I9300 + OMC/ZTE Skate
Moved over to http://android.modac...ost__p__1891367 cuz am not getting any responses here :P

Edited by trueno2k, 28 January 2012 - 12:11 PM.

main-logo.pngSamba_hi_res_normal.jpg02_96x31.png14.gifreferral-ad-120x60.pnglogo-colors1-vflhO4gIp.png
Current devices [ ROM ]: Samsung Galaxy SIII [ CM11 Nightly ], Motorola Moto G [ Stock JB ], & Google/Asus Nexus 7 2013 [ Stock KK ]
Previous devices: Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC ( Anzu ), Orange Monte Carlo ( ZTE Skate ), Orange San Francisco ( ZTE Blade ), & HTC Wildfire ( Buzz )

ronc2000

ronc2000

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
I have been trying to download gallery.zip for the last 24 hours but have not been successful.
It stopped at various stages. The most I got was about 70MB, many times shorter.
I have downloaded the atomic rom (100+MB) from the same server without problem.

Anyone else has the same problem?

Update: finally succeeded!

Edited by ronc2000, 27 January 2012 - 08:49 PM.

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Yes you will have to.

Finally, I have UNLOCKED, installed Clockwork and re-rooted :D However, despite following all the steps, I am back to the out of the box state :o I have a back-up folder on my Mac desktop and would like some help in restoring my phone. I should imagine that I can't do it via Mac, so could I burn the back up folder to disc/transfer to a memory stick and reinstate on Windows - again how - or should I take the opportunity to try some custom roms?

Due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog. [Hitchhiker's guide to the gallery: Douglas Adams]

Badinternet.jpg

BlackNeutron

BlackNeutron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ZTE SKATE
Thx mate. I just got my OMC unlocked. Brilliant, cheers!

mealy1

mealy1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate+Ascend G300
Hi I am new here I have rooted my orange monti carlo, l have loaded these programmes ANTEK/APP MANAGER--- ANTEK ULTIMATE APP GUARD---ROM MANAGER---SUPERUSER Now I would like try and unlock my phone with these APPS on or do I need to delete them.

Thank You

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Hi I am new here I have rooted my orange monti carlo, l have loaded these programmes ANTEK/APP MANAGER--- ANTEK ULTIMATE APP GUARD---ROM MANAGER---SUPERUSER Now I would like try and unlock my phone with these APPS on or do I need to delete them.

Thank You

Hi and welcome. Well done for rooting your phone, it took me several weeks on and off, so you are on a roll.

You cannot unlock your phone in the way you suggest, instead go to the top of this forum and see the pinned subject for unlocking this device and follow the extensive instructions. If you encounter problems, as many of us did, just come back and post your queries.
:)

Badinternet.jpg

mealy1

mealy1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Hi and welcome. Well done for rooting your phone, it took me several weeks on and off, so you are on a roll.

You cannot unlock your phone in the way you suggest, instead go to the top of this forum and see the pinned subject for unlocking this device and follow the extensive instructions. If you encounter problems, as many of us did, just come back and post your queries.
:)

Hi thanks for the help What I am asking is can I go ahead and try and unlock my phone following the the tutorial above With thoes apps installed on my phone.

Thanks a lot

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Hi thanks for the help What I am asking is can I go ahead and try and unlock my phone following the the tutorial above With thoes apps installed on my phone.

Thanks a lot

Yes you can, although strictly speaking, the only app you will find really useful is the free Antek one. When you unlock following the tutorial pinned on this board, you will LOSE root and will have to root AGAIN. As part of the rooting process, super user is automatically installed, so no need to download it from the Market. I favour Titanium backup (free version) over Rom Manager though others might disagree.

Follow the tutorial step by step and don't be tempted to skip anything. I would also advise doing the post-unlock procedure as this will install ClockworkMod,. Give it a go and see how far you get, you may be one of the few who experience no problems at all.

Badinternet.jpg

mealy1

mealy1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Yes you can, although strictly speaking, the only app you will find really useful is the free Antek one. When you unlock following the tutorial pinned on this board, you will LOSE root and will have to root AGAIN. As part of the rooting process, super user is automatically installed, so no need to download it from the Market. I favour Titanium backup (free version) over Rom Manager though others might disagree.

Follow the tutorial step by step and don't be tempted to skip anything. I would also advise doing the post-unlock procedure as this will install ClockworkMod,. Give it a go and see how far you get, you may be one of the few who experience no problems at all.

Thanks voxpop2011 for taking the time to explain to me I will have a go at unlocking, The only problem I was getting when I rooted the phone was geting the computer to recognise the phone, But when I rebooted the computer the rooting worked fine.

Thanks again

DaiJas

DaiJas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:monte carlo
I have tried unlocking my Orange Monte Carlo on many occasions over the last couple of weeks but no luck as yet. I have read and re-read the various articles on here but still no luck. Spent many evenings downloading the various files, removing and re-installing drivers, using different cables, using different usb ports and using different PC but with same result - the Android man and waiting for device message when trying to run install-recovery-windows.bat. USB debugging is definitely turned on

It is a new phone without any mods as yet and I am just initially interested in unlocking it.

On connecting the phone, in the device manager I get

ADB Interface
- Interface ADB Interface
(when i right click and look at properties it list under Driver File Details
C:\\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\ghsandroid.sys
C:\\Windows\System32\wdfcoinstaller01005.dll)

When I open a dos window and type adb devices I get P743T_OUK

When I run install-recovery-windows.bat, in the device manager Interface ADB dissappears but get
Other Device
- Android (with yellow triangle and exclamation) and at looking at properties get device not configured correctly

and when I try and point it to the drivers ( C:\PROGRAM FILES\HANDSET USB DRIVER\DRIVERS ) it says it cannot find drivers

So now deperately seeking some help please before it gets put away into a drawer !

Any ideas on what to try next ?

Any other info that i need to supply to help diagnose the problem ?

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts
  • Devices:Moto E
Are you using a USB port on the back or front of your pc. Sounds like you are not getting enough power

DaiJas

DaiJas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the reply Hecatae. I have tried with all three USB connections on my DELL latop (M6500) and all three on my Samsung netbook. (with both machines I have had the AC adapter connected whilst trying it)

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts
  • Devices:Moto E
Have you tried a different USB cable? I would rule it out before we start going through the drivers you've installed and uninstalled

DaiJas

DaiJas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have tried a couple of cables when I first tried unlocking it but could try again.

Can i try different cables and different usb slots without having to install/uninstall the drivers inbetween ?

Is it only when you run install-recovery-windows.bat that you see if the cables/drivers worked ?
or is there another way of telling ?

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

I have tried unlocking my Orange Monte Carlo on many occasions over the last couple of weeks but no luck as yet. I have read and re-read the various articles on here but still no luck. Spent many evenings downloading the various files, removing and re-installing drivers, using different cables, using different usb ports and using different PC but with same result - the Android man and waiting for device message when trying to run install-recovery-windows.bat. USB debugging is definitely turned on

It is a new phone without any mods as yet and I am just initially interested in unlocking it.

On connecting the phone, in the device manager I get

ADB Interface
- Interface ADB Interface
(when i right click and look at properties it list under Driver File Details
C:\\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\ghsandroid.sys
C:\\Windows\System32\wdfcoinstaller01005.dll)

When I open a dos window and type adb devices I get P743T_OUK

When I run install-recovery-windows.bat, in the device manager Interface ADB dissappears but get
Other Device
- Android (with yellow triangle and exclamation) and at looking at properties get device not configured correctly

and when I try and point it to the drivers ( C:\PROGRAM FILES\HANDSET USB DRIVER\DRIVERS ) it says it cannot find drivers

So now deperately seeking some help please before it gets put away into a drawer !

Any ideas on what to try next ?

Any other info that i need to supply to help diagnose the problem ?

I recognise and sympathise with your frustration, it took me a couple of weeks (mostly weekends) to do the unlock. The problem is Windows not recognising the installed drivers rather than usb ports or cables. I found that one week there was no problem with the drivers, but I would fall at another hurdle, then the next time I tried Windows refused point blank to find the installed drivers. So long as you have installed everything on the list, I am afraid that it is just going to be a case of persistence.

Badinternet.jpg

mealy1

mealy1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Thanks voxpop2011 for taking the time to explain to me I will have a go at unlocking, The only problem I was getting when I rooted the phone was geting the computer to recognise the phone, But when I rebooted the computer the rooting worked fine.

Thanks again

Hi voxpop2011

Tonight the first try to unlock my OMC, The only problem was Win 7 did not see the phone But once I went to the add port, Port 22 for me, The unlock worked perfect.

Thanks again for your support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users