Unlocking San Fran 2

Guest downloader50

Guest Sebastian404

Just to confirm, I unlocked both my Orange San Francisco II & T-Mobile Vivacity..

without any issues..

well, apart from the fact I mistakenly wrote my NVRAM for my San Francisco II onto my Vivacity device... I wonder what O2 think about having 2 devices with the same IMEI on their network...

Guest TingTang

Unlock_OSF2.zip (18.05 MB)http://www.multiupload.com/TWKP44A5AD

Unlock_VIVACITY.zip (18.04 MB)http://www.multiupload.com/ZXRBSG1JVI

Edit by Paul: DANGER! Using this may / will brick your device, proceed with extreme caution!

Edit by unrandomsam I don't think it will I did it much more carefully the second time (Not whilst doing something else and with the right files.). The dodgy link is gone afaik.

Edit from flibblesan: OSF2 unlock confirmed working, Vivacity unlock confirmed working by myself.

Hi, new to the boards. :)

Firstly, thank you for the unlock files. I appreciate it.

Secondly, I downloaded the files for the Vivacity, how do I install them? Do I just run the application in the files and it will guide me?

Thanks.

Guest Collywob

colly wob which bebranded rom did u use then ?? and in short could u tell me how u unlock it using this file ?? im just a tad confused im debranded many thanks ian.rolleyes.gif

Its not unlocking using the de-branding just removing the bloatware that is orange using this rom

To unlock, follow this thread but overwrite the files downloaded in step 2 with the files downloaded from here

Cheers

C

Guest ian_blade2

yup thats a perfect idea im stuck on this part of the modaco monte carlo guide - Go into “Preparation” folder and run the “install-recovery-windows.bat”. This should flash stock recovery and reboot the phone. dont know if anyone can help i really gota do this or the phones going back lol....................dont wana be stuck on orange ............voda all the way!! :) :rolleyes:

Guest Collywob

yup thats a perfect idea im stuck on this part of the modaco monte carlo guide - Go into “Preparation” folder and run the “install-recovery-windows.bat”. This should flash stock recovery and reboot the phone. dont know if anyone can help i really gota do this or the phones going back lol....................dont wana be stuck on orange ............voda all the way!! :) :rolleyes:

When you download and extract the zip from number 2 that will give you 3 folders.

Overwrite with the files you downloaded and in there is a PREPARATION folder, with the bat file inside

Guest unrandomsam

Setup fastboot and adb (As you would for any other android device).

Good way to check they are working is if you can from Android (Have to enable usb debugging in settings-> Application Settings -> Development)

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot boot boot.img (In files from the Unlock zip) should boot clockwork.

If you need to restore the stock recovery then you can

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (in files from the unlock zip)

You don't want to install a monte carlo recovery (Might be good enough and have the screen off) but I wouldn't recommend it.

Then pull the battery and reboot into stock recovery (Hold volume - should get FTM on the screen).

Then run through the unlock.zip (Use download.exe).

Note the process will wipe the rom. (Back it up first by some method if you want to keep it).

Or wait for a better guide.

Guest ian_blade2

hi colly wob , right i have done the process u told me to do however when i go into preparation i click the windows link and it doesnt flash anything just sais waiting for devices ?? can u help and that file goes to a link where i need to be a member the merged link ? sorry to be a pain but ur help is greatly appreciated thx ian.

Guest sej7278

anyone done this (or skate) using linux?

i mean fastboot/adb will work fine, but what about this download.exe and qpst stages? i guess this would work in virtualbox if not pure linux?

otherwise i've got to route around looking for a laptop or something that still has its windoze partition lol. any requirements - xp/win7 or what?

Guest project_tt

hi

i just unlocked a t-mobile Vivacity

i used the

Unlock_OSF2 by accident cos i did not read any other posts and just rushed into things

then i flashed r0_de-branded_blade2-update-signed.zip

onto the phone with clockwork

i for got to back up NV file of the vivacity with QPST

so i got the mac address error with wifi ..... lucky for me i backed up the NV file from a san fran 2 that i bricked the other day

i restored the san fran 2 NV file to the Vivacity and wifi is all working now

all seems to be working fine

it just says its a BLADE now when i turn it on

Guest unrandomsam

anyone done this (or skate) using linux?

i mean fastboot/adb will work fine, but what about this download.exe and qpst stages? i guess this would work in virtualbox if not pure linux?

otherwise i've got to route around looking for a laptop or something that still has its windoze partition lol. any requirements - xp/win7 or what?

I think glossywhite has done that stuff under Virtualbox dunno that I would recommend it though

Guest unrandomsam

hi

i just unlocked a t-mobile Vivacity

i used the

Unlock_OSF2 by accident cos i did not read any other posts and just rushed into things

then i flashed r0_de-branded_blade2-update-signed.zip

onto the phone with clockwork

i for got to back up NV file of the vivacity with QPST

so i got the mac address error with wifi ..... lucky for me i backed up the NV file from a san fran 2 that i bricked the other day

i restored the san fran 2 NV file to the Vivacity and wifi is all working now

all seems to be working fine

it just says its a BLADE now when i turn it on

What about the IMEI ?

Guest project_tt

ah .... good question did not check that

i have just *# 0 6 # the phone to get the imei number

it its exactly as it should be ..... as printed on the sticker under the battery cover and on the side of the box.

makes call and recives calls

all is good i think

What about the IMEI ?

Guest unrandomsam

ah .... good question did not check that

i have just *# 0 6 # the phone to get the imei number

it its exactly as it should be ..... as printed on the sticker under the battery cover and on the side of the box.

makes call and recives calls

all is good i think

Useful side effect then (QPST not seeing all nvitems).

I have followed the unlock tutorial as far as step 6, however I can't get into FTM. The phone stays at the green Android and after about 30 seconds the PC pops up a systray notification :

"USB device not recognised. One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it."

Is FTM entry dependant in any way on the PC or is it purely a phone internal thing?

I have installed the handset drivers and can flash "recovery.img" (both using the .bat and entering the commands individually at a command line to observe the results) which suggest the drivers are OK? If I boot the phone normally (to the original Orange ROM which so far is untouched ) then all USB drivers are found correctly. It is only when booting without the battery and holding VOL DOWN that this happens.

This happens with both a Win7 32 bit desktop and an XP laptop.

Advice much appreciated, TIA.

Alan

Guest ian_blade2

i cant seem to get this part done with i understand the rest .............if im right in thinking u need to reload rom after unlocking ??

Go into “Preparation” folder and run the “install-recovery-windows.bat”. This should flash stock recovery and reboot the phone.

anyhelp with this would be muchly appreciated its just i cannot seem to see my phone ?? it keeps saying cant find devices :(

Guest Collywob

i cant seem to get this part done with i understand the rest .............if im right in thinking u need to reload rom after unlocking ??

Go into “Preparation” folder and run the “install-recovery-windows.bat”. This should flash stock recovery and reboot the phone.

anyhelp with this would be muchly appreciated its just i cannot seem to see my phone ?? it keeps saying cant find devices :(

Hi Ian

you need to enable usb debugging on the phone,,, in settings-> Application Settings -> Development

cheers

C

Guest ian_blade2

hi mate i did that and still cant get into it ? any ideas ..............................im gutted i got this far lol .....maybe i shouldve unlocked the phone before i put the new rom on etc aswell ..........im totally confused by this but want to finish where i started cant be beaten lol thank you.rolleyes.gif

Guest ian_blade2

this is doing my head in lol :( is there a way round this ? i have put the phone in usb debugging deleted the usb driver and readded as i thought it may have corrupted it still wont recognise the phone :( and if i go into the qpst programs it asks u to go into i cant even see the phone :( i sooooo wana sort this lol thanks for any help ian.rolleyes.gif

Guest ian_blade2

hi frodo can u put me a link to the correct files buddy ? yeh im sure i got the right ones but just want to check ...........also im unsure if im missing a driver or something to find the device i downloaded the usb driver ?? is that the one many thx ian. :rolleyes:

Hey Ian

So you downloaded "Unlock-OMC-Skate" and extracted somewhere. Then you downloaded "Unlock-VIVACITY" and extracted the files and put the content of the subfolder "files" into the "preparation" folder yes? (overwriting the "recovery.img" file and adding a few others)

Hold on...

everyone is saying "overwrite the preparation folder" but the Unlock-VIVACITY.zip doesn't contain those files. It contains replacement files for the 'Unlock' folder and the 'files' subfolder under that! Can someone clarify please???

Edited by fr0do

Hold on...

everyone is saying "overwrite the preparation folder" but the Unlock-VIVACITY.zip doesn't contain those files. It contains replacement files for the 'Unlock' folder and the 'files' subfolder under that! Can someone clarify please???

Fr0do has a good point. To enlarge on it: there are 2 "recovery.img" files in the "Unlock-OMC-Skate" package. One in "Preparation" and one in "Unlock/files". They are identical. However "Unlock-OSF2" only has one, in the "files" folder, and it is different to the OMC ones. The procedure says it should overwrite the file in the "unlock/files" folder from "Unlock-OSF2", but should it also overwrite the one in the Preparation folder? Otherwise at step 4, the OMC stock recovery will surely be flashed instead of the OSF2 one?

Alan