213 replies to this topic

bryfly

bryfly

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Devices:Vowney V5 and coolpad F1 8297w
Hi guys,New to the forum, android phones and unlocking not using a code, have the OSF2 that I want to unlock, downloaded all the links and instructions, as a novice seems might be tricky for me without blowing the phone up (lol), how long do you think it will be before a method for inputting your imei number to generate the code appears?

unrandomsam

unrandomsam

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • Devices:Xperia Play / Xoom / ZTE Blade
Probably never or it will cost

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Devices:SGS3 I9300 + OMC/ZTE Skate

OSF2 unlocked, courtesy of unrandomsam's OSF2 "Unlock_OSF2.zip" zip file.

Restored dumped NVitems qcn file to enable wifi to work, and all is great.

Much kudos to unrandomsam :)

Adam

I see you got the OSF2 unlocked to any network, however, can you give us some images to show it's on a different network please? I think it's a bit dubious to think this phone can be unlocked so soon after release, sorry to be untrusting, but it would be nice to see results of people's success with pictures aswell ^_^...

on a side note, has anyone got round to unlocking the Vivacity using the same methods from the blade1/OSF1, OMC/Skate methods???

main-logo.pngSamba_hi_res_normal.jpg02_96x31.png14.gifreferral-ad-120x60.pnglogo-colors1-vflhO4gIp.png
Current devices [ ROM ]: Samsung Galaxy SIII [ CM11 Nightly ], Motorola Moto G [ Stock JB ], & Google/Asus Nexus 7 2013 [ Stock KK ]
Previous devices: Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC ( Anzu ), Orange Monte Carlo ( ZTE Skate ), Orange San Francisco ( ZTE Blade ), & HTC Wildfire ( Buzz )

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,637 posts

on a side note, has anyone got round to unlocking the Vivacity using the same methods from the blade1/OSF1, OMC/Skate methods???

Attached File  PB290017.JPG   216.04KB   101 downloads

T-Mobile Vivacity unlocked B)

Confirmed working with O2 and 3UK SIMs.

Many thanks to unrandomsam for sorting out the unlock files. One thing I have noticed about the unlock is the nice touch of boot.img being clockwork mod recovery and recovery.img being the stock FTM recovery. Should pretty much be foolproof :D

The Soup Thief

The Soup Thief

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5 (N4 etc retired)
  • Twitter:@TheSoupThief
@flibblesan
You turned your brick back into a phone! Well done! (or did you take the brick back to the shop and unlock a new one?)

Adam Cable

Adam Cable

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Many thanks to unrandomsam for sorting out the unlock files. One thing I have noticed about the unlock is the nice touch of boot.img being clockwork mod recovery and recovery.img being the stock FTM recovery. Should pretty much be foolproof :D

Confused myself to start with, but that is a touch of magic :)

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,637 posts

@flibblesan
You turned your brick back into a phone! Well done! (or did you take the brick back to the shop and unlock a new one?)

I exchanged it at the T-Mobile store, no questions asked.

todoleo

todoleo

Geek at heart, Tech Support Monkey and feeder of Wobbles (@fatol

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus / Lumia 710
  • Twitter:@Todoleo
Well done to all involved!

Twitter: @Todoleo
Identi.ca: @Todoleo

Blog: Todoleo.com

ian_blade2

ian_blade2

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:blade 2, sf1
can anyone point me in anymore direction about this unlock as ive read thru all various things needed but am confused as to what i have to do can someone just give me a few hints many thx ian . :rolleyes:

unrandomsam

unrandomsam

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

I exchanged it at the T-Mobile store, no questions asked.

I am glad I didn't intend to brick it.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,637 posts

I am glad I didn't intend to brick it.

It's no problem, wasn't your fault. B)

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
  • Devices:lots of them
  • Twitter:@sebastian404
Just to confirm, I unlocked both my Orange San Francisco II & T-Mobile Vivacity..

without any issues..

well, apart from the fact I mistakenly wrote my NVRAM for my San Francisco II onto my Vivacity device... I wonder what O2 think about having 2 devices with the same IMEI on their network...

TingTang

TingTang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Unlock_OSF2.zip (18.05 MB)http://www.multiupload.com/TWKP44A5AD

Unlock_VIVACITY.zip (18.04 MB)http://www.multiupload.com/ZXRBSG1JVI

Edit by Paul: DANGER! Using this may / will brick your device, proceed with extreme caution!

Edit by unrandomsam I don't think it will I did it much more carefully the second time (Not whilst doing something else and with the right files.). The dodgy link is gone afaik.

Edit from flibblesan: OSF2 unlock confirmed working, Vivacity unlock confirmed working by myself.

Hi, new to the boards. :)

Firstly, thank you for the unlock files. I appreciate it.

Secondly, I downloaded the files for the Vivacity, how do I install them? Do I just run the application in the files and it will guide me?

Thanks.

Sami Beck

Sami Beck

Diehard

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, XOOM, Andypad Pro
  • Twitter:@SamSamoon
Someone just write a step by step guide and sticky it!

Posted Image

Perfect Condition Unlocked GEN 2 Blade: £75

http://android.modac...ocked-for-sale/

Collywob

Collywob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco II

colly wob which bebranded rom did u use then ?? and in short could u tell me how u unlock it using this file ?? im just a tad confused im debranded many thanks ian.Posted Image

Its not unlocking using the de-branding just removing the bloatware that is orange using this rom

To unlock, follow this thread but overwrite the files downloaded in step 2 with the files downloaded from here
Cheers
C

ian_blade2

ian_blade2

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
yup thats a perfect idea im stuck on this part of the modaco monte carlo guide - Go into “Preparation” folder and run the “install-recovery-windows.bat”. This should flash stock recovery and reboot the phone. dont know if anyone can help i really gota do this or the phones going back lol....................dont wana be stuck on orange ............voda all the way!! :) :rolleyes:

Collywob

Collywob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

yup thats a perfect idea im stuck on this part of the modaco monte carlo guide - Go into “Preparation” folder and run the “install-recovery-windows.bat”. This should flash stock recovery and reboot the phone. dont know if anyone can help i really gota do this or the phones going back lol....................dont wana be stuck on orange ............voda all the way!! :) :rolleyes:

When you download and extract the zip from number 2 that will give you 3 folders.
Overwrite with the files you downloaded and in there is a PREPARATION folder, with the bat file inside

Collywob

Collywob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

When you download and extract the zip from number 2 that will give you 3 folders.
Overwrite with the files you downloaded and in there is a PREPARATION folder, with the bat file inside

I uploaded the file i used with files already merged ;)
File name: unlock phone.zip File size: 42.25 MB

unrandomsam

unrandomsam

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Setup fastboot and adb (As you would for any other android device).

Good way to check they are working is if you can from Android (Have to enable usb debugging in settings-> Application Settings -> Development)

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot boot boot.img (In files from the Unlock zip) should boot clockwork.

If you need to restore the stock recovery then you can

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (in files from the unlock zip)

You don't want to install a monte carlo recovery (Might be good enough and have the screen off) but I wouldn't recommend it.

Then pull the battery and reboot into stock recovery (Hold volume - should get FTM on the screen).

Then run through the unlock.zip (Use download.exe).

Note the process will wipe the rom. (Back it up first by some method if you want to keep it).

Or wait for a better guide.

ian_blade2

ian_blade2

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
hi colly wob , right i have done the process u told me to do however when i go into preparation i click the windows link and it doesnt flash anything just sais waiting for devices ?? can u help and that file goes to a link where i need to be a member the merged link ? sorry to be a pain but ur help is greatly appreciated thx ian.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users