Unlocking San Fran 2

Guest downloader50

Guest unrandomsam

At the moment the update server only has files for the Roamer. (At least ones starting P736)

Could start by dumping what you can with QPST (partition.mbn would be pretty useful). Its possible it is the same as the roamer.

Guest unrandomsam

Hey unrandomsam,

I have the phone, and QPST - all I need is the knowledge of how to dump this for you - can you share?

Thanks,

Adam

Have you still got the stock recovery or have you installed clockworkmod ?

Guest Sebastian404

Have you still got the stock recovery or have you installed clockworkmod ?

I can get BOTH of mine into FTM, but I'm lost as to where in QSPT I'd dump the partition.mbn

Guest Simon O

Same here. Any tips unrandomsam please? I'm looking through QPST at the moment. Doing a dump with the memory debug application at the moment and I previous made a backup of my nvitems qcn thing.

Guest unrandomsam

I should point out at this stage the partition table for the Vivacity and the OSF2 are different...

Backup the nvitems (Same way as for skate). Could be they have improved the security but I doubt it.

Guest Sebastian404

Backup the nvitems (Same way as for skate). Could be they have improved the security but I doubt it.

I've done that for both devices.. but I'm still wondering how to get partition.mbn out of that

Guest Simon O

Don't know if this is error-free but I think I managed to cut the partition.mbn out of the ebi.bin dump I made using the QPST tools.

partition.zip

does anyone know of any tools that can be used to extract the stuff we need like amss.mbn from the ebi.bin dump?

Guest unrandomsam

Try this for Tmobile :

*EDIT removed possible bad link*

make sure you have backed up nvitems with QPST (Same way as for the skate).

This should work (fastboot flash the stock recovery.img if you have clockworkmod installed)

Should get clockworkmod installed to boot and stock recovery

You could probably get away with doing it on an OSF2 but the files are corrupt on the update server for the OSF2.

Edited by unrandomsam

Guest unrandomsam

this might be a stupid question, but why cant we just use QPST to write and edited QCN file back to the device?

The unlock isn't in the nvitems afaik

It just gets removed by going through the flasher process (Or its in a part of the nvitems that QPST won't read).

Guest Simon O

Dont use ^^ think I might have uploaded the wrong files.

LOL, yeah I think you have. I has a slightly broken phone now. The good news is that FTM still works so I should be able to reflash with fixed files or an official update.

I've found the Vivacity and SanFranII updates on the ZTE ftp so I'm downloading them now.

Edit: newer versions that the shipped roms too! nice

Guest unrandomsam

LOL, yeah I think you have. I has a slightly broken phone now. The good news is that FTM still works so I should be able to reflash with fixed files or an official update.

I've found the Vivacity and SanFranII updates on the ZTE ftp so I'm downloading them now.

Edit: newer versions that the shipped roms too! nice

Unlock_OSF2.zip (18.05 MB)http://www.multiupload.com/TWKP44A5AD

Unlock_VIVACITY.zip (18.04 MB)http://www.multiupload.com/ZXRBSG1JVI

Edit by Paul: DANGER! Using this may / will brick your device, proceed with extreme caution!

Edit by unrandomsam I don't think it will I did it much more carefully the second time (Not whilst doing something else and with the right files.). The dodgy link is gone afaik.

Edit from flibblesan: OSF2 unlock confirmed working, Vivacity unlock confirmed working by myself.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest unrandomsam

I've done that for both devices.. but I'm still wondering how to get partition.mbn out of that

The way to get partition.mbn is like this :

http://android.modac...ving-mbn-files/

Half of the post is missing .... There is another step I have forgotten I think.

(But its unnecessary now because the UK update server has the correct files (DE ones are corrupt).

Edited by unrandomsam

Guest Simon O

My vivacity isn't letting me flash anything to it now.. keeps failing when it tries to reboot the phone into download mode from ftm. Tried using QPST to flash and that's giving me errors saying it's unable to run the flasher.

Looks like the incorrect unlock zip sort of broke the phone. Oh well.

Guest unrandomsam

My vivacity isn't letting me flash anything to it now.. keeps failing when it tries to reboot the phone into download mode from ftm. Tried using QPST to flash and that's giving me errors saying it's unable to run the flasher.

Looks like the incorrect unlock zip sort of broke the phone. Oh well.

What about if you plug it in with battery out and both volume keys held. (Should go straight to download mode).

Failing it that you can use the V880 flasher to flash recovery and the rest of the files without anything working (Works using only download mode).

http://www.mediafire...m1wd4ktfkbd5amh

Use the entire directory from the stock rom thread that I just uploaded. (It will be able to be recovered).

Option 5 on Hedgepigdaniels blade unbrick thread

(Ignore the warnings because they are not important as you will use QPST to restore the qcn file. Restoring the IMEI and wifi mac address)

Edited by unrandomsam