Unlocking San Fran 2

Guest downloader50

What issues did you have with QPST?My pc cannot find phone under software download so I am unable to save the QCN file.

Now Got a step by step guide, every one can unlock the Phone without any experience. I have done on my own and this is my first android phone. Refer the site - http://ztecrescent.blogspot.com

Refer the Link on how to use the QPST for Configuration backup - http://androidtipsfo...using-qpst.html

-- R2K4Net

Guest unrandomsam

Hello mate

I used the above osf2 unlock tutorial but my phone has died. The screen backlight comes on but no screen. The sound buttons still work when pressed and give of sound. i see you have downloaded stock s/ware to reflash. any chance of a lil help so i can restore the phone to its working goodness ??

Thanx in advance

Mikey

Still don't understand why.

You could try replacing the files folder with files from a newer revision of the OSF2 rom.

Sound buttons implies the rom is working.

Guest purplegrape

All you need to do now is put your phone into FTM

Mode

Then open QPST

Make sure your phone is detected

Then click restore and select the Nv back up file you should have saved earlier

If you ain't got this file, I might be able to send you the back up from my phone ..., as it has been established that the NV file for the blade 2 will not actually effect the imei number of the phone

So I am guessing any blade 2 NV file will do to fix your Mac address issue

Hi all

Have managed to follow all the steps in the process, and have an unlocked phone which I have set to three with updating the settings - joy! But, no WIFI.

I have the QCN file from running the backup part of the process, and followed the restore steps, but it's not restored the Mac address. No, I didn't write it down. :(

Would anyone have a backup to share or thoughts on ways around this? I've tried the qcn file very kindly provided - DEADD00D_23.qcn, but no joy.

Cheers, Stephanie

UPDATE: rebooted again today, and now have a mac address - hurrah. It all works fine then. Thanks for all the guides posted here.

Edited by purplegrape

Hey Just reading the various threads on Unlocking the SF2, Am i right in thinking your step by step guide in post #139 starts at around step 17 on this guide? http://ztecrescent.b...-unlocking.html i.e. you have simply missed out the backup stage using QPST at the start?

Need to unlock my new phone and just trying to work out which guide to follow! Sorry newbie round these parts!

Cheers

Hey, I'll take you through the steps I went thru to get it working..

You need to download the custom rom (flb2-r2a.zip) and the default kernel (ouk-stock.zip) for the SFII

Then grab the SFII unlocker (Which should load up the Clockwork Recovery Mod...but won't install it from here : http://www.multiupload.com/TWKP44A5AD

Unzip the Unlock_OSF2.zip file but don't unzip the other 2.

To use the clockwork recovery you use volume up/down to go up/down the menus, the home button as an enter key and the back button as a back key...just to clarify) so to carry out a command in the menus scroll to it using the volume buttons then the home button to carry out the command and you should see a resulting prompt underneath describing what it's doing.

Now carry out the following steps :

1. Boot your phone into the FTM mode by turning it on while holding down the volume down button (hopefully you previously managed to backup your config with QPST)
  2. Connect the USB cable
  3. Run the unlocker (The download.exe file in the folder you made by unzipping the Unlock_OSF2.zip file) which should reboot the phone into the Clockwork Recovery Mode (Just click on START, which should be green, if it isn't then try unplugging the usb cable and then plug it back in and restart the exe)...DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR USB CABLE WHILE THE PROGRESS BAR IS GOING UP, once it's finished you should see "Download Completed" or something, I can't remember exactly what it says but it'll be something like that, then you can close the program and you should see the Clockwork screen on your phone.
  4. Wipe both caches (by going to wipe data/factory reset and then wipe cache partition
  5. Now go to advanced
  6. Wipe the dalvik cache then Wipe battery stats (This makes sure you get a proper charge)
  7. Go back to the main screen and then to the mounts and storage menu
  8. At the bottom choose mount USB storage to mount the sdcard and then copy both rom zip files (flb2-r2a.zip and ouk-stock.zip) over from the computer into the main folder of your sdcard, once you've copied the files then just go back to the main menu with the back button, the sdcard is automatically unmounted when you exit that section
  9. Flash the custom rom first (go to apply update from sdcard then choose zip from sdcard), then choose the flb2-r2a.zip file, then without rebooting, flash the kernel for the SFII (repeat the same process to do that except for choosing the ouk-stock.zip)
  10. If you have QPST, restore the qcn file which you hopefully backed up from the "software download" section, if you didn't back it up you may/probably will have lost your mac address and if you didn't take a note of it either then you're wireless will basically be buggered.
  11. Reboot the phone (by going into the main menu on the Clockwork Recovery and then choosing reboot system now and hopefully it will reboot into the custom rom, also the tracking on the keyboard should be fixed because you have also flashed the kernel rom for the SFII
  12. So, now you're actually in the phone, first of all, when it asks you to set up your google account, press the "I'll sign in later" or whatever it says cos you need to check the wireless and keyboard first.
  13. Go straight into settings, then "About Phone", then check that the mac address is legit, if it says "11 22 33 44 55 66" then you've lost the mac address and you won't get wireless, if it shows a proper mac address then you should be ok. If it does show "11 22 33 44 55 66" but you have a note of the correct mac address then it is possible (and a bit complicated) to restore the proper mac address so don't panic, if you didn't take a note of it though then you won't ever get wireless and you also need a slap :P

Just to let you know, this whole process won't "install" the Clockwork Recovery mod but it will load it enough to let you flash the custom rom. If you want to properly "install" the Recovery you really need to use the adb method noted elsewhere in this forum, which I couldn't do cos I'm using Windows 7 64bit and it's a right royal pain in the butt.

Hope all that helps, come back if you're still stuck

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Android 2.3.5, all the roms on here are because that's what ZTE provided, it's also the version pre-installed on both models

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest Max-Power

Just like to say Kudos to all the post's contributors on unlocking these phones. I'm an OSF1 user thats possibly looking to upgrade to this soon.

Well done all <3

Guest Julieee24

Heey, i have tried all these stuupid online calculators which havent worked and i only have 1 try left before my phone gets wrecked, and i dont have a clue how to do all this technical stuff, how can you pay orange to unlock it and how long does it take, any help wil be much appreciated... thanks :)

Guest Amphoras

Heey, i have tried all these stuupid online calculators which havent worked and i only have 1 try left before my phone gets wrecked, and i dont have a clue how to do all this technical stuff, how can you pay orange to unlock it and how long does it take, any help wil be much appreciated... thanks :)

I think its £20, and you have to wait until 3 months after you bought the phone before they will give you it. Have a look at unlocking it using the guides on here. As long as you take your time and follow the instructions then you should be fine. If you aren't sure about something, then just ask as there are plenty of people who can help you.

Guest CloudyBrain

Just want to say a BIG thank you to PsYcHoKiLLa, I've just successfully flashed my OSF2 following these instructions. Also thanks to Ramesh's detailed instructions here http://ztecrescent.blogspot.com/2011/12/osf-ii-unlocking.html particularly the expected times these things take, helped to dampen some of the nerves! Looking forward to my giffgaff sim arriving any day now rolleyes.gif

Guest Reider59

This is for the Skate but may set you in the right direction;

http://android.modac...p/page__st__180

EDIT: Or better still here;

http://android.modaco.com/topic/348492-tutorial-get-your-mac-address-if-you-already-unlocked-now-up/

Post in that thread if any further problems as its a Mac address specific thread for the Crescent.

Good luck,

Steve

Edited by Reider59

• 3 weeks later...
Guest diego74

Your tutorial is perfect mate!

It worked perfect from the first try. It was exactly what I needed. My phone works now smoothly.

Thanks a lot PsYcHoKiLLa. !!!!

hi sorry i lost my mac address and i can t download from megaupload il say it shut could you please send me the file A4IAI20RJT to fix my mac address or the file that i need ever so thank you and please of course

diego

my email [email protected]

thanks

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

hi sorry i lost my mac address and i can t download from megaupload il say it shut could you please send me the file A4IAI20RJT to fix my mac address or the file that i need ever so thank you and please of course

diego

my email [email protected]

thanks

Would help if you tell us what phone you have

Guest reboot247

Help!!! I have a SF2 which I unlocked and flashed a de-branded rom to....no problem except I have the dreaded loss of MAC address and I cannot get back to the FTM as I have installed clockwork mod instead?

Tried removing the clockwork mod but still no FTM.

Is the anyway I can return to FTM so I can restore the MAC address or is there another way that doesn't use the FTM?

Ok done it...restored back to stock ROM then FTM was restored.

Edited by reboot247

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The smartphone

Hey, I'll take you through the steps I went thru to get it working..

You need to download the custom rom (flb2-r2a.zip) and the default kernel (ouk-stock.zip) for the SFII

Then grab the SFII unlocker (Which should load up the Clockwork Recovery Mod...but won't install it from here : http://www.multiupload.com/TWKP44A5AD

Unzip the Unlock_OSF2.zip file but don't unzip the other 2.

To use the clockwork recovery you use volume up/down to go up/down the menus, the home button as an enter key and the back button as a back key...just to clarify) so to carry out a command in the menus scroll to it using the volume buttons then the home button to carry out the command and you should see a resulting prompt underneath describing what it's doing.

Now carry out the following steps :

1. Boot your phone into the FTM mode by turning it on while holding down the volume down button (hopefully you previously managed to backup your config with QPST)
  2. Connect the USB cable
  3. Run the unlocker (The download.exe file in the folder you made by unzipping the Unlock_OSF2.zip file) which should reboot the phone into the Clockwork Recovery Mode (Just click on START, which should be green, if it isn't then try unplugging the usb cable and then plug it back in and restart the exe)...DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR USB CABLE WHILE THE PROGRESS BAR IS GOING UP, once it's finished you should see "Download Completed" or something, I can't remember exactly what it says but it'll be something like that, then you can close the program and you should see the Clockwork screen on your phone.
  4. Wipe both caches (by going to wipe data/factory reset and then wipe cache partition
  5. Now go to advanced
  6. Wipe the dalvik cache then Wipe battery stats (This makes sure you get a proper charge)
  7. Go back to the main screen and then to the mounts and storage menu
  8. At the bottom choose mount USB storage to mount the sdcard and then copy both rom zip files (flb2-r2a.zip and ouk-stock.zip) over from the computer into the main folder of your sdcard, once you've copied the files then just go back to the main menu with the back button, the sdcard is automatically unmounted when you exit that section
  9. Flash the custom rom first (go to apply update from sdcard then choose zip from sdcard), then choose the flb2-r2a.zip file, then without rebooting, flash the kernel for the SFII (repeat the same process to do that except for choosing the ouk-stock.zip)
  10. If you have QPST, restore the qcn file which you hopefully backed up from the "software download" section, if you didn't back it up you may/probably will have lost your mac address and if you didn't take a note of it either then you're wireless will basically be buggered.
  11. Reboot the phone (by going into the main menu on the Clockwork Recovery and then choosing reboot system now and hopefully it will reboot into the custom rom, also the tracking on the keyboard should be fixed because you have also flashed the kernel rom for the SFII
  12. So, now you're actually in the phone, first of all, when it asks you to set up your google account, press the "I'll sign in later" or whatever it says cos you need to check the wireless and keyboard first.
  13. Go straight into settings, then "About Phone", then check that the mac address is legit, if it says "11 22 33 44 55 66" then you've lost the mac address and you won't get wireless, if it shows a proper mac address then you should be ok. If it does show "11 22 33 44 55 66" but you have a note of the correct mac address then it is possible (and a bit complicated) to restore the proper mac address so don't panic, if you didn't take a note of it though then you won't ever get wireless and you also need a slap :P

Just to let you know, this whole process won't "install" the Clockwork Recovery mod but it will load it enough to let you flash the custom rom. If you want to properly "install" the Recovery you really need to use the adb method noted elsewhere in this forum, which I couldn't do cos I'm using Windows 7 64bit and it's a right royal pain in the butt.

Hope all that helps, come back if you're still stuck

Hi @PsYcHoKiLLa and all!

I've managed to brick my T-Mobile Vivacity as well. I first installed ClockworkMod directly, using image directory. As a result, the normal OS will not boot and the phone would always go into recovery mode.

Then I tried to restore the original ROM, which I flashed using the recovery mode. It completed successfully, however upon restart the phone doesn't go into OS again, but rather starts in some broken recovery mode. It is blue, rather than orange, and doesn't allow me to select any menu entries (but it does allow me to change them).

I've tried following your very helpful list, however I am stuck at stage 3 (flashing unlock) - it completes 6/100, then the phone turns black and after some time the app reports an error. Any idea on what could be done about all this?

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Sorry, I don't have a Vivacity but lots of other people do and should be able to help you. As far as I understand it there's a version of CWM here which will let you use the "soft" keys on the Vivacity to access the CWM menu.

If you restart the phone while holding down "volume down" what comes up? Is it the FTM screen or Clockwork?

If it's FTM then you should be able to push the clockwork mod recovery through ADB, there's loads of tutorials on how to do that here

If it's CWM that comes up then you should be able to flash a rom.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest windy_miller

I saw the blue CWM screen a few times when unlocking my phone, but selecting "Reboot recovery" returned me to an orange screen. However, if you can't select any menu items then I'm not sure what you can do.

Guest The smartphone

Sorry, I don't have a Vivacity but lots of other people do and should be able to help you. As far as I understand it there's a version of CWM here which will let you use the "soft" keys on the Vivacity to access the CWM menu.

If you restart the phone while holding down "volume down" what comes up? Is it the FTM screen or Clockwork?

If it's FTM then you should be able to push the clockwork mod recovery through ADB, there's loads of tutorials on how to do that here

If it's CWM that comes up then you should be able to flash a rom.

I do get FTM. Any recommended links for attempting "adb recovery" you mention?

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa
fastboot method
  • NOTE: You will need have the Android SDK installed on your comptuer and the device's drivers installed for this to work.
  • From a command prompt run 'adb reboot bootloader'
  • The device will reboot, and stay at the inital boot screen.
  • From a command prompt run 'fastboot flash recovery <filename>.img'
  • When this finishes, from the command prompt run 'fastboot reboot'
  • finaly while your device reboots type 'adb reboot recovery' again and your device should reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery

From here, it's mentioned on a few of these topics, I really do think there should be locked tutorials pinned at the top of the forums with all these.

You don't have to install the SDK though, just grab the ADB set from here.

Here's the link for the custom version of Clockwork Mod Recovery, you want the one with the img filetype.

Then just follow the instructions above.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest The smartphone

From here, it's mentioned on a few of these topics, I really do think there should be locked tutorials pinned at the top of the forums with all these.

Here's the link for the custom version of Clockwork Mod Recovery, you want the one with the img filetype.

Thanks, I'll try it when I'm back home.

Guest The smartphone

Doesn't look like adb is detecting my phone. I would say even further, neither Windows nor Linux detect it as USB device, when I connect it in FMT mode :(

Looks like I need a way to start my phone in "fastboot" mode, similar to here, where the guy has a similar problem. I tried a few key combinations during start-up, Menu+VolDown, Menu+VolUp, Home+VolUp/Down, but so far I either get the FTM or the broken blue recovery

Edited by The smartphone

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Doesn't look like adb is detecting my phone. I would say even further, neither Windows nor Linux detect it as USB device, when I connect it in FMT mode :(

Looks like I need a way to start my phone in "fastboot" mode, similar to here, where the guy has a similar problem. I tried a few key combinations during start-up, Menu+VolDown, Menu+VolUp, Home+VolUp/Down, but so far I either get the FTM or the broken blue recovery

Try a new topic and make sure you specify it's the Vivacity, hopefully some of our T-Mobile friends will respond :)

Did you try using the download program too? ( http://www.multiupload.com/TWKP44A5AD ) You can replace the recovery.img in the files folder with whichever recovery version you want. Just hit the START button in the flasher and wait until it reaches 100

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa