Gingerounay 3.0.1 not booting-->solved

Guest Klick

If you're in a hurry, skip down to "summary"... :)

Hi! This is my first post, but I just discovered something that I did not read on this forum before.

I just bought 2 Liquid Metal phones 3 days ago (one for me, one for gf).

I wanted to get the Gingerounay ROM, so I started reading all the pinned threads here and on some other Android boards. After I felt I understood enough, I flashed the first phone (CWM Recovery 3.0, Gingerounay 3.0.0, Update to 3.0.1, partition SD card, start playing around....) Everything worked just fine.

Then I started to flash the second phone, and .....

nothing happened. It was stuck in the bootscreen all the time. I wasted MANY hours searching for solutions here and on the internet, but was not able to solve the issue or even to get back to stock (USB debug was turned off, SD flash did not work....).

So right before I thought I had bricked it, I succeded to flash CM7.21, and surprisingly that worked. But still I wanted to get Gingerounay to work, and I didn't want two different ROM on the two phones.

After browsing the internet and this board for some more hours, I stumbled upon the thread with the Technolover kernel. I didn't care about the OC ability (yet), but still gave it a try. So Gingerounay 3.0.0, Update to 3.0.1 and the right after that technolover kernel.

And .....boom! It worked!

I'm so happy right now, I thought I just share that with you. Maybe that helps someone else too.

Summary:

If you can't get a custom ROM to work on your phone (like Gingerounay 3.0.1 on mine), you can try flashing the Technolover kernel right after the ROM. That worked for me.

P.S. What I still don't understand is that on one phone everything worked perfect, on the second it just didn't....