Any hope power consumption can be lowered to that of WinMo?

Guest qsonic

I do not use my phone very frequently, but I've grown quite fond of Android. The only real problem with the current port is that my phone does not last a full 24 hours with my sort of usage (GPS off, etc). I've tested this against WinMo, and that lasts me at least 3 days with the same usage pattern (and similar configuration - GPS off, etc).

Is there any hope optimizations on the power consumption side can bring the Android port anywhere near what WinMo manages?

Guest marios32

Not really mate.

Most android phones with a 1500 mah battery make the day with medium usage.. thats how it is.

Only thing you can do is go lowest brightness in settings, set only 2g networks connectivity and thats about it if i remember correctly.

Guest aed0101

Not really. Real Android devices have lower power draw.

I believe Omnia 2 does not enter Deep Sleep state when running Android port, that's the reason why it draws 2-3% every hour when it "sleeps". On real Android phones power draw is about 1% every 2-3 hours. When I set my phone to Flight Mode it draws 1-2% in 8 hours.

I don't own Omnia 2 anymore, so I can not check that theory. If you want to check, download CPU Spy from the Market, open it and leave Omnia 2 sleeping. Then check in an hour if a Deep Sleep state is being used.

Not really mate.

Most android phones with a 1500 mah battery make the day with medium usage.. thats how it is.

Only thing you can do is go lowest brightness in settings, set only 2g networks connectivity and thats about it if i remember correctly.

Guest qsonic

right, no deep sleep. the question that keeps bugging me though - is that an android limitation (probably not...) or a kernel implementation issue of the port?

Edited by qsonic

Guest aed0101

It is definitely not an Android limitation.

Should be kernel issue.

right, no deep sleep. the question that keeps bugging me though - is that an android limitation (probably not...) or a kernel implementation issue of the port?

• 3 weeks later...