[KERNEL] S series kernel for "all" custom ROMs

Guest C3C0

Happy new year to you, too :)

Now I am thinking about that driver... It's not enough to have updated kernel. Some changes are needed at rom level, too (to utilize new driver and enable USB tethering)

So if I update it, it will be compatible with ParanoidJelly only. And ParanoidJelly already contains S4

What makes sense is to update SFR version so SFR users can use it with ParanoidJelly

Edited by C3C0

Guest yamoussouk

Hello!

I have a question. Please, help me!

I have a wifi "problem". When I go to a big store (tesco) or mcdonalds (...) and I'm trying to use the FREE wifi, my phone is connecting to it, the wifi sign on top of the screen appears. BUT... i cant use it, i cant connect any pages... There is no connection... My friend told me, its a kernel problem. I have MokeeOS, but before it i had paranoid android and i had a same problem... (when im at home there is no problem, i can connect to wifi -such as when the problem appears-, i have internet)

Thank u for ur helping.

I can't find a logic behind it except that the networks that appear to be free maybe need some special activation through provider's special web page. Also free hotspots are often overcrowded not accepting new clients.

Try with the stock ROM maybe to see if the issue is the same.

But I suppose your problem was temporarily caused by the momentary conditions.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest suamaca

Kernels updated

Changelog 21/10/2012

- CPU Governors revised

--- fixed Lagfree not scaling below 480MHz

--- fixed conservative stuck at max. frequency

--- fixed SavagedZen not ramping higher than 480MHz

--- ondemand parameters changed to match those ZTE is using in stock ROMs

--- new governor: SmartassH3 - based on SmartassV2 with parameters tuned by H3ROS (thanks) -

more efficient frequency scaling - not ramping too high when not needed this could potentially

result in better battery life

- added compatibility hack for some newer TRULY replacement LCDs

- default governor set to SmartassH3 with default min. frequency 122MHz

• 5 months later...

It's not kernel related. This happens when incompatible bootloader is flashed when doing tpt. Search tpt helper app thread. I mentioned it there some time ago.

• 1 month later...
Guest davixd

Happy new year everyone!

I have a very extrange issue with my zte Skate. My phone is from Orange (Spain). My touchscreen (digitalyzer) was bronken and I bought a new one. Since this the problems appear.

The problem is that when the phone boots, the touchscreen works perfectly, but when I lock the phone (pushing the on/off button) and then unclock it again, the touchscreen does not work, it does not responds at all.

To get it work again I have to take out the battery and boot again the phone, but when it locks again, the issue appears again.

Additional data:

My broken touchscreen was from synaptics. My new one is from Focaltech (FT5306DE4).

I had flashed stock rom, skatie rom with S2 kernel, CM7 with S3 update....a lot, and the problem persists.

I do not know what to do.

Any help?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.