New B888 ROM from Huawei [Download Link Inside]

Guest KasioPC

Guest rsrocha

Ok, so I´ve flashed B888 without vendor.

All languages available, including Portuguese.

7 screens and a Home Screen menu that allows to choose themes, number of home screens, animation, icons, etc...

Way better like this!

(don´t know if this menu is available by not flashing vendor or if its from B888, this are just first impressions)

That makes me scratch my head... If i reflash again without vendor will it remove the vendor part i flashed in the first place?

Guest PeaceMaker_H

That makes me scratch my head... If i reflash again without vendor will it remove the vendor part i flashed in the first place?

I guess yes, it will... since it resets completely the phone...

Last step, Flashing B894 without vendor.. (cannot flash this one from 886 or stock according to the manual)

Edited by PeaceMaker_H

Guest PeaceMaker_H

Huawei launcher keeps crashing and using a lot of ram...

Don´t know if it´s because of the vendor update not being applied..

Anyway, that´s easy to fix, using another launcher.. :wacko:

Guest rsrocha

I was just about to reflash the phone without the vendor update... I have the B894 flashed with vendor and its been super stable and the battery lasts longer.

Guest PeaceMaker_H

I was just about to reflash the phone without the vendor update... I have the B894 flashed with vendor and its been super stable and the battery lasts longer.

Tomorow I will test the vendor update

Guest PeaceMaker_H

First impressions after re-flashing B894 with vendor, way smoother than just B894 and the launcher doesn´t slows down...

Don´t know what the vendor does but it sure makes the phone better...

(Conclusion after 30min testing, not final)

Oh, and I think the name of this post should be changed.. since the last know good rom is B895...

Edited by PeaceMaker_H

Guest Chuzzwuzzer

Just had my Huawei delivered today from Vodafone. Just charging at the moment.I take it if i install 888 i dont need to back anything up as i havn't installed anything yet ? Can i just install 888 without rooting first ?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DRAGOLIZER

Hi, everyone! :D

Just to let you guys know that I'm new to this forum.

Anyway, a question. I want to know why I can't seem to flash back to a stock ROM without the vendor stuff again? First off, I experimented with just flashing B888 on its own (without vendor) and it's great without the Huawei stuff. Afterwards, I did flash the vendor that came with the ROM and experimented again. However, when I flash the B888 (without vendor again), all the Huawei stuff still remains. This happens with B894 too.

By the way, I've tried with two of the phones (family members' phones) and both do the same thing. (If you're wondering how I know B888 and B894 do the same thing, that's why.) Looking here in the forums, it seems you guys can reflash the stock ROMS and get rid of the Huawei stuff?

The phones are untouched, not rooted, no CWM Recovery etc.

Getting to the point, the vendor stuff seems permanent and I just want the phones to just have stock ROMS without the Huawei stuff on!

Thanks in advance.

Edited by DRAGOLIZER

Guest PeaceMaker_H

Hi, everyone! :D

Just to let you guys know that I'm new to this forum.

Anyway, a question. I want to know why I can't seem to flash back to a stock ROM without the vendor stuff again? First off, I experimented with just flashing B888 on its own (without vendor) and it's great without the Huawei stuff. Afterwards, I did flash the vendor that came with the ROM and experimented again. However, when I flash the B888 (without vendor again), all the Huawei stuff still remains. This happens with B894 too.

By the way, I've tried with two of the phones (family members' phones) and both do the same thing. (If you're wondering how I know B888 and B894 do the same thing, that's why.) Looking here in the forums, it seems you guys can reflash the stock ROMS and get rid of the Huawei stuff?

The phones are untouched, not rooted, no CWM Recovery etc.

Getting to the point, the vendor stuff seems permanent and I just want the phones to just have stock ROMS without the Huawei stuff on!

Thanks in advance.

The stock rom, without vendor stuff doesnt works correctly, at least for me... Free RAM was bellow 20MB and Huawei launcher keeps restarting.. very poor performance after 2 or 3 hours using.

Don´t know why...

Guest DRAGOLIZER

I take it, that's what's been mentioned about B894, right? With B888, performance was normal for me, without the vendor.

Tell me, how do you go about flashing without the vendor again, if you have flashed it? Is your device modded in anyway and when did you get your phone? I have a feeling that I can't flash without vendor being permanent on my two phones due to them possibly being newer revisions maybe? They were bought this week.

Guest PeaceMaker_H

I take it, that's what's been mentioned about B894, right? With B888, performance was normal for me, without the vendor.

Tell me, how do you go about flashing without the vendor again, if you have flashed it? Is your device modded in anyway and when did you get your phone? I have a feeling that I can't flash without vendor being permanent on my two phones due to them possibly being newer revisions maybe? They were bought this week.

Yes, after flashing the vendor, its always there.. even if you reflash the rom.. strange phone xD

Guest DRAGOLIZER

Strange indeed! Looks like I'm not having a stroke of bad luck, at least!

Must be the way the phones are partitioned or something, hidden away that never gets touched for some reason. Just wondering how the ICS update will be affected in the future…

Guest wwwjunk

were are the links for b894 and b895? For Europe/Portugal?

edit: should vendor be installed or not?

Edited by wwwjunk

Guest rsrocha

The thing that bugs me os that some people installed B888 with the vendor update and they say it has portuguese language... i had b888 and now b894 and the set of languages are for eastern countries.

Maybe we need to get a western/general vendor update...

Guest naghtan

Hello everyone!

Im just get the phone... and Im reading around...

Must I update to B888? or wait some days for B9x, ICS?

Are the B888 blocking BL?

Best regards!

Guest Liam_D

I just thought I would pass on my experience with the B888 upgrade, and a few hopefully useful notes.

My motive for upgrading was purely to get the capacitative buttons working properly - and it does - but, of course, I now have a pleasantly clean and uncluttered phone as a bonus.

Obtaining the download using the faster link failed for me - the file is not the same as the 'slowcoach' one. The file that worked for me has an absolute byte size of 500,864,924.

I purchased a new fast 16GB Samsung micro SD card which came out of the bubble wrap formatted as FAT32. Trying to do the normal upgrade with this card failed - the first 'unpacking' upgrade screen produces a warning triangle and the notice 'Upgrade failed'. I retried with a known good 2GB card formatted to FAT and the whole upgrade went 100% smoothly. The new 16GB card worked fine for normal use - it seems there is a limit applied by Android for firmware updates in respect of the card that can be used. So use a small card and format it plain FAT (not FAT32) if you have problems.

Many thanks to all the other contributors here - and to Paul of course - for a really useful and informed blog.

Liam_D

from the Garden Of England

Guest pelago

Hello everyone!

Im just get the phone... and Im reading around...

Must I update to B888? or wait some days for B9x, ICS?

Are the B888 blocking BL?

Best regards!

B888 doesn't lock the bootloader, but there's no *must* about updating to B888. Move to it if you wish but be aware of partition problem making downgrade impossible (or at least, very hard).

Guest pelago

I purchased a new fast 16GB Samsung micro SD card which came out of the bubble wrap formatted as FAT32. Trying to do the normal upgrade with this card failed - the first 'unpacking' upgrade screen produces a warning triangle and the notice 'Upgrade failed'. I retried with a known good 2GB card formatted to FAT and the whole upgrade went 100% smoothly. The new 16GB card worked fine for normal use - it seems there is a limit applied by Android for firmware updates in respect of the card that can be used. So use a small card and format it plain FAT (not FAT32) if you have problems.

That's interesting. I wonder if it is possible to also get the same effect by putting a 2GB FAT partition on a larger SD card, instead of buying a smaller card?

Guest Davidoff59

What's different about B894 and have you used it Rsrocha? I would go for a custom rom instead of a leaked rom. No changing partitions etc.

Guest rsrocha

I am using b894 about 1 week and it's been super stable. The one thing I noticed better are the graphics more fluid and the battery lasts longer.