New B888 ROM from Huawei [Download Link Inside]

Guest KasioPC

Guest KasioPC

WARNING: Some users are reporting problems trying to restore to older Huawei ROMs, and Clockworkmod backups! Proceed at your own risk.

Just found a B888 ROM from Huawei - the instructions in the rar file say it's for U8815 and looks legit. I'll be flashing it just now and seeing what it looks like

http://www.uloz.to/x...001c185b888-rar

MediaFire mirror: http://www.mediafire...navhb71095je2fh

Link to document included: https://docs.google....5F-g8BSLF0/edit

Edited by KasioPC

Guest toge64

Just when I got my phone all setup to my liking lmao!

How did you come across this?

can anyone confirm this is a legit rom?

Edited by toge64

Guest KasioPC

Just when I got my phone all setup to my liking lmao!

How did you come across this?

can anyone confirm this is a legit rom?

Just increased the number at the end of the build number and Googled it. According to the document, it was prepared on April 28th

Guest toge64

how do we know if it isn't someone (not aimed at you kasio at all) who decided to steal passwords from enthusiatic G300 users and put it out there on a public file sharing website?

like the unlock thing on xda?

Edited by toge64

Guest KasioPC

does it have an english UK language option? the B886 demo doesn't :(

Yep, UK english - as well as a bazillion different English variants :P

Guest KasioPC

Nothing remarkable, but it feels a lot more solid than the demo B886. Volume is fine, an touchscreen seems more responsive, though that may be my imagination.

Guest G300

Capacitive button responsiveness just played around with them only had to touch the buttons once each time to get them to respond used them all loads of times.

Vodafone I had to keep pushing capacitive buttons.

Guest KasioPC

Any change with the capacitive button responsiveness?

The buttons are definitely more responsive, perfect I'd say

Guest Davidoff59

They will fix the bugs and current issues, then Ics will be coming so I can't see them spending too much time and effort on gingerbread

Guest FrankieADZ

Is there to be a b8810? ;-)

lol...i thought the same.

Im unsure whether to try it or not :wacko:

seems like these might be leaked test versions or something....now...whoever is doing it....please be so kind and release the ICS version... ;) Please lol

Guest punjabi

The buttons are definitely more responsive, perfect I'd say

So does this mean that we can download this firmware update and apply it directly without anything else. I mean is there a specific way or anything else like the previous one...? I'm referring to 'Vendor update files'

Guest KasioPC

So does this mean that we can download this firmware update and apply it directly without anything else. I mean is there a specific way or anything else like the previous one...? I'm referring to 'Vendor update files'

Works exactly the same way - instructions in the Word file. It will wipe everything.

Case of installing the firmware, waiting till it reboots, then doing the vendor one.

B888 seems like a more polished, "production" version of the B886 demo.

Guest KasioPC

Kasio have you noticed anything else other than it being a more refined B886?

Not significant, I would like to say it's a little faster, but that's most likely because I don't have any apps installed :P

Hopefully will be able to do a full ROM dump when I get home, and check for the changes from B886

EDIT: Camera seems to take pictures slightly quicker. Anyone know of a way to measure the time between pressing the shutter button and taking the photo?

Edited by KasioPC

Guest dt_matthews

It def. feels generally 'zippier' to me, the buttons are more reliable (spot on), and the speaker is now usable - COOL! :)

Guest Ubiquitoustastic

This is the first update I have done from the vodafone rom.

Everything feels much smoother and faster. Speaker fixed, touch buttons better, the stock android keyboard even feels more responsive and the screen is too. The browser feels smoother too.

I think this phone can only be improved by ics going forward.