[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest emilpoul

Exactly, by the way nice to dee post of you again :D ,though that you stop.

Heros, why you don't develop cm7. I you check their latest site with .org ,they have release cm7 nightly the last 2 days.

that's it :D

Guest dibbles

^^^ If that is the case, in regards to a recent CM 7 build, it would be good for the Skate - if someone could build it. Any of the Gingerbread ROM's have a superb balance between total functionality and good performance. The work done to bring ICS and JB to our venerable phones is nothing short of superb but I keep coming back to the functionality and smoothness of the older ROM's as, for me and my wife, they seem to work better for our needs.

Guest emilpoul

Well, i think that our bevs can fix many things, especially when work teamly with other devs, ceco few days ago fix radio for cm10. With teamly try many could happen,have you use mokee os, is cm7 based rom, and its very good.

so, heros loves gb, roms, with his care on it, could happen nice things

• 5 weeks later...
Guest H3ROS

I've heard of people talk about PIE controls. Is that something people would actually want with my new ROM, or would an optional addon be fine?

post-954400-0-05926800-1365008155_thumb.

Just to remind people it's Android 2.3.5, but looks like a mix between JB and ICS.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest WiiSky70

I've heard of people talk about PIE controls. Is that something people would actually want with my new ROM, or would an optional addon be fine?

post-954400-0-05926800-1365008155_thumb.

Just to remind people it's Android 2.3.5, but looks like a mix between JB and ICS.

Optional add-on of course :) !

Guest H3ROS

Personally I feel an addon would work best. The main reason being that it saves a little on size, but also not everyone may like it as it can sometimes accidentally open when you move your finger from the right edge to the left edge of the screen. It also requires you to set it up a little, which could discourage some people. It is, however, perfect for people who want much larger soft keys.

There's still no ETA on the ROM, but I've been working a little on it each day lately. It's just so time consuming as I'll work on a single APK for what can sometimes be hours just to theme something or add functionality. And I'd love to say what I'm trying to get working at the moment, but at the same time I don't want to in case I don't get it working how I'd like. That's also why I won't release anything right now, because once people have it they might like the way something is, but then I may go and change or remove something and then someone might of liked it better the other way.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest H3ROS

Here's a preview of the messaging app I've been working on:

post-954400-0-26279200-1365862841_thumb. post-954400-0-25723000-1365862850_thumb.

Or if you prefer to have contact images displayed:

post-954400-0-02635300-1365862880_thumb. post-954400-0-91735600-1365862890_thumb.

Thoughts? I think it fits in well with the JB/ICS theme of things ^_^

Guest H3ROS

The default look will be what you see in the first image and the rest can be changed via the settings menu.

I actually prefer the bubbles look, and it was rather difficult to do. It taken me at least 6 hours of testing different things so that everything was consistent and worked on Gingerbread. For example, I could of made the black theme have a black text input area with white font, but the Gingerbread framework expects all text input areas to be white. That means that when you install some applications from Google Play that they're likely to detect Gingerbread and set the text colour to black (ignoring the frameworks styles). So obviously if your text colour is black and the text input area is either black or transparent and the background is a dark colour then you wouldn't be able to see the text, so I've had to give in and make all text input areas continue to have a white background. And yes, I know I could of still done it for this one application as I can make it behave how I want, but then then things aren't consistent throughout the ROM. At least it doesn't look bad though.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest WiiSky70

Here's a preview of the messaging app I've been working on:

post-954400-0-26279200-1365862841_thumb. post-954400-0-25723000-1365862850_thumb.

Or if you prefer to have contact images displayed:

post-954400-0-02635300-1365862880_thumb. post-954400-0-91735600-1365862890_thumb.

Thoughts? I think it fits in well with the JB/ICS theme of things ^_^

Yes it's really cool stuff you've been doing all this time (Since last update) , maybe we can get an Windows Phone style Gingerbread ROM :) ?

Can you show other stuff like the rest of the GUI ?

Guest H3ROS

@ WiiSky70

post-954400-0-50219800-1365873692_thumb. post-954400-0-14961400-1365874102_thumb. post-954400-0-13389500-1365873661_thumb.

post-954400-0-89895100-1365873731_thumb. post-954400-0-91089800-1365873637_thumb. post-954400-0-89615700-1365873718_thumb.

I'm still working on some things as I've been pushed for time, but it's coming together now.

I'm currently working on modifying a few Gingerbread icons that don't have an ICS or Jelly Bean equivalent. It's hard because you have to do each one individually and then make sure that they're consistent. And honestly I think at times it'd be easier for me to just use Gingerbread icons for all menu options and release the ROM like that, then just patch them when they're ready. I've avoided that so far though as I want everything to have a good level of polish.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

I may not release my next ROM here at MoDaCo after one of it's admins has approved a ROM with warez. That's something I can't support as a developer trying to get into Android software development.

Sure, if a user wants to download something through unofficial channels go ahead, but giving everyone software they shouldn't have for free in a ROM? That I got a problem with. And it shouldn't make any difference if the software's an older version. Paid for software is supposed to be paid for, so support the developer and buy it! That or install the free version.

In the past ROM's such as AtomicMod had their threads closed and a new thread was only allowed to be created when Tillaz made a warez free version. So why should this other ROM get away with it? MoDaCo's own rules even state:

ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)

So it's upsetting to see a MoDaCo administrator approve warez in a ROM.

Checked the ADW bundled with this rom and I'm happy to allow it to be distributed.

Clearly didn't check it well enough as it goes like this:

ADWLauncher (FREE) = org.adw.launcher

ADWLauncher EX (PAID) = org.adwfreak.launcher

So that developer is losing out on £2.26 per install of this other persons ROM.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

I'll mention when it's done and may link off to where I'll publish it. It might be XDA as I think some people there may want to port the theme to their devices, but I'm hoping the admin/moderator team here will see sense.

Maybe the admin made a mistake, but I'm not sure how he would when I pointed out the "adwfreak" version of the launcher is supposed to be paid for.

It's just annoying and unfair to every other developer here. I mean we could all make better ROM's by including some paid for software, but I don't support that and the MoDaCo rules say not to, so what gives?

Guest H3ROS

I can promise the ROM will be published, and that you won't need to be a member of anything to download it. It just may not be posted here if that's MoDaCo's attitude towards piracy.

My ROM will come with an application I've created to fix audio redirection issues. It'll be free for people with my ROM, but I was thinking about putting a donate version on Google Play. Obviously if MoDaCo will ignore me and allow people to include warez into their ROM's then it makes me feel less inclined to post it here.

Guest WiiSky70

I can promise the ROM will be published, and that you won't need to be a member of anything to download it. It just may not be posted here if that's MoDaCo's attitude towards piracy.

My ROM will come with an application I've created to fix audio redirection issues. It'll be free for people with my ROM, but I was thinking about putting a donate version on Google Play. Obviously if MoDaCo will ignore me and allow people to include warez into their ROM's then it makes me feel less inclined to post it here.

MoDaCo should update his Privacy Policy and General Developer Rules to avoid this warez crap on their ROM's.

Also i support your new release that's comming soon. Also any ETA or BETA Build that you can provide for testers ?

Guest H3ROS

Well their rules currently do state no warez, but that admins ignored it and approved warez in this other ROM. Why? I've no idea, but as a developer I'm not happy about it.

I believe ROM developers should always try to provide clean releases that contain nothing but free software. Publishing anything else doesn't help Android as to work around piracy you then get software developers that will try to make money by putting adverts into applications instead. That or they'll develop for other platforms and you may get the half-assed buggy version on Android if the developers feeling generous.

With the ROM I'm working on I've taken a "when it's done" approach. And it is close to done, but I need to do a few other things and then I may allow people to test it for a day or two before I release it.

Guest WiiSky70

Well their rules currently do state no warez, but that admins ignored it and approved warez in this other ROM. Why? I've no idea, but as a developer I'm not happy about it.

I believe ROM developers should always try to provide clean releases that contain nothing but free software. Publishing anything else doesn't help Android as to work around piracy you then get software developers that will try to make money by putting adverts into applications instead. That or they'll develop for other platforms and you may get the half-assed buggy version on Android if the developers feeling generous.

With the ROM I'm working on I've taken a "when it's done" approach. And it is close to done, but I need to do a few other things and then I may allow people to test it for a day or two before I release it.

Well perfection takes it's time . But i really hope that awesome developers like you could deliver to us better experiences on our ZTE Skate , and i really hope to see an heavly modded rom when it's done .

Mainly this ROM could be a fusion of Mokee , CM7 , Ice Armor IV and AtomicMOD.

What do u think of an INFUSION ;) ?