Custom rom and ICS

Guest detrox

Guest robt77

not sure the answer on that one to be honest. I find it useful after I have flashed a new rom - google dwonloads all the apps I had previously on my phone.

Apart from that how are you finding having a custom rom?

Guest robt77

well if you install titanium back up from google play you can un install everything you dont want. It does a lot more than that and is well worth having a look at

Guest detrox

i donwload http://www.modaco.com/topic/350159-rom-fishnchips-7-235/ and i dont have aplications what must be there ....

Features:

-Notification power widget (thanks to lidroid, KonstaT and tillaz)

-Circle battery mod

-Ad-hoc support

-Roboto font

-Custom Sense style status bar icons

-Transparency in notification area

-Overscroll glow

-ICS window animations

-Overclockable kernel

-Unsecured boot.img

-etc/init.d support

-Superuser and su binary

-VPN/SAMBA share modules added

-Stagefright enabled

-GPU rendered UI

-TCP buffer sizes optimized

-GPS configuration modded for better lock times and accuracy (Thanks to Coabalboa and aZZo)

-SMSpopup

-Rooted

-Busybox support

-A2SD

-All useless stuff removed

-Deodexed

-Bash

-huge APN list (from CM)

-new Adreno libs to increase 3D performance

-Long press on status bar and slide to change brightness

-CM7 messaging app

-CM7 3D gallery

-CM7 file manager (rapid!)

-DSP manager

-widgets grouped

-Google Music replaced with google music 2

Guest fr0do

Go to Play Store > My Apps > and the "Stop ALL" updating.

There's an option in the phone initial setup in android not to sync. Too late for that now though :D

Guest detrox

ok and have somebody answer on my question ?? why i have only superuser and dsp manager when i have install fish and chips rls 7 on sf2 ?

Edited by detrox

Guest fr0do

What do you think is missing detrox? The list you added above contains no other user apps!

And what has this got to do with ICS???

Guest detrox

in my mobile is only superuser from this : http://www.modaco.com/topic/350159-rom-fishnchips-7-235/ i have this and this is list of all apps in this rom :

-Notification power widget (thanks to lidroid, KonstaT and tillaz)

-Circle battery mod

-Ad-hoc support

-Roboto font

-Custom Sense style status bar icons

-Transparency in notification area

-Overscroll glow

-ICS window animations

-Overclockable kernel

-Unsecured boot.img

-etc/init.d support

-Superuser and su binary

-VPN/SAMBA share modules added

-Stagefright enabled

-GPU rendered UI

-TCP buffer sizes optimized

-GPS configuration modded for better lock times and accuracy (Thanks to Coabalboa and aZZo)

-SMSpopup

-Rooted

-Busybox support

-A2SD

-All useless stuff removed

-Deodexed

-Bash

-huge APN list (from CM)

-new Adreno libs to increase 3D performance

-Long press on status bar and slide to change brightness

-CM7 messaging app

-CM7 3D gallery

-CM7 file manager (rapid!)

-DSP manager

-widgets grouped

-Google Music replaced with google music 2

Guest BLu3HaZe

Lol, so many questions repeated. The features you gave are not ALL apps, only the Superuser and DSP are the apps, others are features of the ROM. Which is why you don't see them.

I've used No-Frills and found it to be exactly as described, no fancy stuff, does the job and is good at it.

Seems you wanted ICS and ended up with F&C, but as the former is WIP at the moment, IMO you're better off with GB for now. Enjoy your games! :)

@Daz - Thanks for the clarification! So even a corrupt bootloader (it's the boot.img when we flash ROMs right?) can be saved? Never messed with the radio to my knowledge, except when I first unlocked the phone. Baseband means the same?

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Guest Dazzozo

Lol, so many questions repeated. The features you gave are not ALL apps, only the Superuser and DSP are the apps, others are features of the ROM. Which is why you don't see them.

I've used No-Frills and found it to be exactly as described, no fancy stuff, does the job and is good at it.

Seems you wanted ICS and ended up with F&C, but as the former is WIP at the moment, IMO you're better off with GB for now. Enjoy your games! :)

@Daz - Thanks for the clarification! So even a corrupt bootloader (it's the boot.img when we flash ROMs right?) can be saved? Never messed with the radio to my knowledge, except when I first unlocked the phone. Baseband means the same?

boot.img is not the bootloader, it's the kernel and the ramdisk. The bootloader is not touched by custom ROMs. You can recover from a corrupt boot.img just as you would a corrupt system or bad ROM, just go in to recovery and flash another ROM.

Guest BLu3HaZe

boot.img is not the bootloader, it's the kernel and the ramdisk. The bootloader is not touched by custom ROMs. You can recover from a corrupt boot.img just as you would a corrupt system or bad ROM, just go in to recovery and flash another ROM.

Thanks again for the explanation! I got to verify all what I find with several sources cuz I was thinking otherwise all this time. Good to know we don't mess with the bootloader as I definitely don't want to end with a no option to recover the phone. And can't just return it to Orange either, while I've not seen this anywhere here.

Small question, the green andy is a part of what? How can we change it to something else, like for example ICS andy (PsYcHoKiLLa's avatar)?

Guest Dazzozo

Thanks again for the explanation! I got to verify all what I find with several sources cuz I was thinking otherwise all this time. Good to know we don't mess with the bootloader as I definitely don't want to end with a no option to recover the phone. And can't just return it to Orange either, while I've not seen this anywhere here.

Small question, the green andy is a part of what? How can we change it to something else, like for example ICS andy (PsYcHoKiLLa's avatar)?

Just noticed this reply - if you're referring to the very first Android logo shown on boot that is consistent for all ROMs, that's stored in splash.img. It's a pretty... weird partition as it's pretty much just a renamed nb image file (which is in turn converted from a bmp). It has to be a 480x800 bmp, flipped upside down and moved to the right by about 35px. (I warned you it was pretty weird...) This is then converted with the nbimg utility to an .nb file which can be renamed to .img and fastbooted.

I'll give it a go with ICS Andy.

Edited by Dazzozo