42 replies to this topic

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
Someone has reported it to Huawei and they are looking into it. If you have this issue, complain to Huawei. They may do something about it then.

Maximus9

Maximus9

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Devices:Moto G Dual Sim XT1033 16GB

HI, week ago i bought this phone from Vodafone in Czech Republic (B884). Everything was ok since yesterday. I was playing a game and suddenly the phone freeze and i had to remove the battery. After switching it on the phone wrote four rows of error (cant read data, cant read cache etc) and its self formatted everything. So I set it up again but it happens again today when i was just typing sms...Can you tell me if ill upgrade to B888 if this will happen again? why is this happening. Thnx for any answer

Hello there, did you install the B888? I am asking this because I want to know if Vodafone rejects the warranty on your phone because of this. I have to return mine and I have B888 on it and I am worried about that.

Scorn

Scorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Finally, I've found somewhere that addresses this! I thought it was just my bad luck! I am currently on my third Huawei Ascend G300 handset (that's right... third) in the space of two months. In total, they have reformatted themselves ten times. Not kidding. Every time it has happened, it has been during completely different instances. Playing a basic game, browsing the internet, writing a text, switching between homescreens, even unlocking the screen and answering a call! I briefly worked in a Vodafone shop, and I raved about the handset, comparing it to the better higher-range options, which is why I bought it! Now, I'm not so sure. I don't know why it does it. My first handset was rooted. Thought that might be the problem, so the second handset, I didn't root. Now, on the non-rooted third, I'm dubious about downloading any apps at all, just in case they are the cause. I'm just getting sick of it happening all the time.

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
If you are afraid to use the phone for its intended purpose, then return it and get a refund. If its not fit for purpose, there is no point keeping it.
I can see Huawei having a huge issue in a few months with this phone if hardware failures keep rising. Now is the time to fix them, not when failure rates start increasing and the press is all over it.

Smiff2

Smiff2

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Devices:Blade, U8510, G300
wee bit scared of this happening on mine... having it to 3 in a row suggests either a bad batch of phones or something you are running on the phone... any unusual services you've installed Scorn?

notcosi

notcosi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:orang san francisco
This happening to me also - now every 2 or 3 days. Randomly rebooting then sticking at reboot screen. I am going to return phone tomorrow. I have no idea why it is doing it. I do not play games on it.

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
the amount of faults coming to light about the phone is actually a little worrying for me :(

what do others think?

Gnaver

Gnaver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Twitter:@Gnaveron
Service told me that this is caused by faulty motherboard and someone on Modaco said that HUAWEI stated that they know about this and if some1 have this problem they have to change the phone for a new one

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD

the amount of faults coming to light about the phone is actually a little worrying for me

what do others think?

Yeah I am a little concerned too,but as yet I have not had a single problem.I think it is as I said before,faulty batches,otherwise everyone would be having problems whereas the majority have no problems like me(touch wood :unsure: )

Edited by jikobutsu, 14 June 2012 - 09:15 AM.

Smiff2

Smiff2

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Devices:Blade, U8510, G300
QC problems.
most problems with this phone, like most tech, are software

software faults:
low volume (fixed by update)
button sensitivity (fixed by update)
potterunlock (not fixed, disable/remove)
annoying messages all over the place

hardware faults:
random resets
mobile reception (?)
screen bubble

any others?

Edited by Smiff2, 14 June 2012 - 10:38 AM.

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
returned my first phone due to phone would not unlock, also buttons stopped lighting up. 2nd phone is fine. The phone is only fresh out of the factory so problems may grow as we get past six months.

Gnaver

Gnaver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Is here anybody who had problem with factory resets on B884 or B885 and then after update to B886 or 888 this problems are gone? I just want to know if update will help :)

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
update wont help if its a hardware issue and if you have doubts I wouldn't flash anything past B885.

Gnaver

Gnaver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Im just asking because a friend of mine have this problem too and after flashing B886 he is clean for a month now...

EDIT: and i wont flash because i just waiting if it happen again (just got it from service). If yes ill go there and want my money back. Im think about Huawei Vision (i know, same manufacturer and same specs but Vision have newer components inside and the phone completely is more thought out and not from plastic)

Edited by Gnaver, 18 June 2012 - 05:09 PM.

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
Is it wiping apps or resetting the device back to stock? If so its a hardware issue most likely, if not it could be a faulty app causing issues.

Gnaver

Gnaver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Completely to state as like when you fist switch it on...after update to B885 it also wiped preinstalled Vodafone apps which were system (im not rooted), so it also formated the system partition

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
Don't update it then as its a motherboard issue and will need returning to Vodafone for repair or refund.

Pia23

Pia23

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
OMG this has just happened to me. I'm soooooooo annoyed, i've spent two days getting the phone how i want it and in the space of 30 seconds it is back to factory.

I also spent money on an unlock code which will be wasted if i have to get a replacement. :angry: :angry: :angry:

I tried to open my Quidco app and it wouldn't open, just gave me force close message. Next thing i know the phone is off, so i took the battery out and on reboot it had wiped.

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
Pia, if you get a replacement, request an unlock code free of charge. Many have got free unlocks off vodafone including myself.

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Vowney V5.
  • Twitter:@Rico_89_

Pia, if you get a replacement, request an unlock code free of charge. Many have got free unlocks off vodafone including myself.

Thanks for that info :)

I had a similar problem which I posted about here http://www.modaco.co...ps-disappeared/ but this thread is a better source of info for others.

I have only had one crash and lost the vodafone apps, my Micro SD was not touched and I was able to retrieve all the info on it. However if I'm reading things right then the partition, that holds the voda gear, that was affected by the random reset, has been lost or deleted which doesn't sound good at all so I'll try to stress it out today and see if I can induce a factory reset.

Edited by Rico_89, 23 June 2012 - 08:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users