Alcatel One Touch 995 Ultra

Guest trueno2k

Guest trueno2k

Firstly would like to apologise for posting this about a completely different device, and have no problem if this eventually gets removed or locked, but I thought I let people know about this device!...

If anyone here is following the progress of this development for this device but has not took the plunge in getting one might wanna have a look at this one posted HERE ( I leave a quote of the OP at the bottom for a quick glance of the device ) started by Spokje about the subject device... However, it's still in its infancy stage where people are trying to get the root method & whatnot to work perfectly on XDA link HERE... Plus, is yet to see if this device is gonna get the needed development attention like the G300 has already gained so far...

EDIT: Expansys.com are stocking the SIM free EU version ( which comes with a UK adapter ) very shortly for 170.99£ and here is a link for your curious ones benefit HERE...

I think this device would be a great G300 alternative for you's who want that bit extra grunt & areal estate...

Well, that my 2pence worth! :P

Alcatel OT-995

Alcatel-OneTouch-995-Android.jpg

This brand new baby from Alcatel seems to be the new 'Blade' in the smartphoneworld.

Specs:

• 4.3-inch WVGA screen with 480×800 resolution
  • 1.4GHz Qualcomm MSM8255T single-core processor
  • 5-megapixel camera w/flash & a VGA front facing camera
  • 512MB of RAM & 2MiB of internal storage
  • HDMI output, DLNA, & all the other connectivity support

Only a few weeks released but the few reviews available are very promising.

Even a ICS update is promised by Alcatel.

Retail prices (in Holland) are 190-200 euro. Lots of bang for the buck. I hope the Android community will pick this one as fav for developing ROM's for.

Edited by trueno2k

Guest Smiff2

just sayin' .. it ain't the new Blade at £170. the G300 is the new Blade at £100.

That would be the new ... something else, Liquid Metal maybe?

Edited by Smiff2

Guest tillaz

at 200 euro you could get the mimosa x this mouth for the same price but with twice as good specs

might be worth waiting a week or 2 :)

Guest trueno2k
at 200 euro you could get the mimosa x this mouth for the same price but with twice as good specs

might be worth waiting a week or 2 :)

There's no concrete evidence that it will be that cheap as it isn't officially on sale yet!... I'd be very surprise if it really does cost that cheap to us, however, if the price is any way near the price you say it will be, then it will be a far superior device for the money... Keeping my eye on that one as well! :P

Guest tillaz

There's no concrete evidence that it will be that cheap as it isn't officially on sale yet!... I'd be very surprise if it really does cost that cheap to us, however, if the price is any way near the price you say it will be, then it will be a far superior device for the money... Keeping my eye on that one as well! tongue.png

there is concrete evidence, its been available in china for a month now for £183,

and this is the more expensive version than the wcdma version (UK/Europe)

it can be bought here for £183 http://www.360buy.co...uct/616988.html

someone on modaco bought it a month ago for £199.99 http://www.modaco.co...a-updated-1005/

the zte era will also be sub £250 & both release in the uk this month...

Guest Davidoff59

Mimosa X looks set to be upper mid range so prob 300+. They also have the Era which will be quad core so top of the range.

Also the pf112 and pf200. Now that Zte has an established brand and market, thanks to the blade and other phones, they can and probably will now up the price and leave the budget end to Huawei as they will want to be seen as a premium manufacturer.

Given their source code releases for the blade which had to be fixed before using, its put me off Zte as pissed off developers had so much more unnecessary work to do.

Guest scuzzbucket

Huawei and ZTE are both trying to do an HTC - establish themselves as a 'brand name' and I feel Huawei are a step ahead. Much bigger presence in US than ZTE which helps massively and they have some great looking devices coming like the D Quad etc.

Guest Davidoff59

Tillaz, who is going to be selling the phones do you know? Partner is looking for a replacement for her Samsung galaxy Europa so Mimosa X sounds like a right upgrade.

Guest trueno2k

there is concrete evidence, its been available in china for a month now for £183,

and this is the more expensive version than the wcdma version (UK/Europe)

it can be bought here for £183 http://www.360buy.co...uct/616988.html

someone on modaco bought it a month ago for £199.99 http://www.modaco.co...a-updated-1005/

the zte era will also be sub £250 & both release in the uk this month...

I bet there other charges that will need to be paid for before it can be shipped over to UK!?... If so, that would make it not a cheap tegra2 handset but still is an affordable one though... Let us know when you have paid for one and have it in your hands, don't forget to up some pictures or maybe a YouTube unboxing,..

Guest tillaz

I bet there other charges that will need to be paid for before it can be shipped over to UK!?... If so, that would make it not a cheap tegra2 handset but still is an affordable one though... Let us know when you have paid for one and have it in your hands, don't forget to up some pictures or maybe a YouTube unboxing,..

that's why its just best to wait for the European version (wcdma) to release in the uk, then shipping will be normal.

i'm personally getting the zte era, as i currently own a tegra 2 phone (lg optimus 2x)

even this phone can be bought from amazon brand new for £199.99, well that's the price i got it for 6 mouth or more ago

Guest Davidoff59

Tillaz, who is going to be selling the phones do

you know? Partner is looking for a replacement

for her Samsung galaxy Europa so Mimosa X

sounds like a right upgrade.

very little info online

• 2 weeks later...
Guest trueno2k

What do people think about this offer in the link below, I think it's a great offer, shame they don't have one for Three :'(

http://www.phones4u....?ItemKey=586517

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S for 179.95 plus 10£ topup and it's available on Vodafone, Orange, T-Mobile, & O2 networks as well!... However, I think this price all depends on you having been with the particular network for 6 months or longer I think, but as you'd be going with the handset on the network that you're currently with, it shouldn't be that much of a problem!... ;)

Edited by trueno2k

Guest Pondlife

Nah that's the actual price online for arc S by looks of it, doesn't mention upgrade, think you do need upgrade to get that price in store. Friend has one it's rather nice, but I don't want a white phone. ICS update is out for it. Has less ram and internal storage than most of the others on this thread though I think. The video recording and hdmi playback is pretty good, all in all I really like it.

Guest rsrocha

Before i bought the g300, the alcatel was in my sight as well. The downside is, after i got the g300, the 995 feels cheap when you hold it and the screen has less quality. Yes, the 4.3 and the 1.4 cpu are a plus but in the real world i dont think it makes a big difference.

The funny part is that this phone is not made by alcatel. Its from a chinese company called TCL, or TLC, im not sure... Alcatel buys these from them at a very cheap price and sell them by their name to make some (big) profit.

Im going to put an Audi badge on my Skoda... you know what i mean?

Guest trueno2k

For me, it all depends on what development has been made/done for each of these handsets, so, the choice would go to the Arc S as there are people on XDA who have unlocked the bootloader, rooted them, & some good custom ICS already available to flash & test... Even without hacking & modding, stock ICS for the device is already available OTA, so a win-win situation...

Nah that's the actual price online for arc S by looks of it, doesn't mention upgrade, think you do need upgrade to get that price in store. Friend has one it's rather nice, but I don't want a white phone. ICS update is out for it. Has less ram and internal storage than most of the others on this thread though I think. The video recording and hdmi playback is pretty good, all in all I really like it.
The offer is also available for the one in dark blue or black not sure which colour it is... It has same amount of RAM ( 512MB ) as the rest of the budget friendly handsets & you can compensate the low internal storage with a high spec class10 MicroSD card with a ext4 partition... Although this version has been around for more than 3 months & is basically an upgraded Arc, tbh I think it's one of the best looking handsets currently around this price point... BUT, shame they don't have a Three network version :(, or am unable to find a cheap method to sim-unlocking one of these on the other networks...

The downside is, after i got the g300, the 995 feels cheap when you hold it and the screen has less quality. Yes, the 4.3 and the 1.4 cpu are a plus but in the real world i dont think it makes a big difference. The funny part is that this phone is not made by alcatel. Its from a chinese company called TCL, or TLC, im not sure... Alcatel buys these from them at a very cheap price and sell them by their name to make some (big) profit.
The Alcatel OT-995 Ultra is indeed made by TCL who is also making the OT-986 ( a.k.a. S900 ) which I am very interested in seeing this come to the UK cause it follows the ways of Google ( on-screen softkeys instead of physical or separate capacitive ) & hopefully be good price for value... So, you're saying the 995 has built quality issues?... Does it squeak in areas when you pinch squeeze it ( just like the Orange Monte Carlo )?... Is the screen not made from glass?... And does handset casing look & feel like it's made from cheap materials?... I can only find it on Expansys for 171.99£ and is not the UK version but the EU one with UK plus adapter... As the OT-995 has pretty much the same spec as the Arc S & from what I've seen on my mates Arc S the OT-995 should be a far better handset than the G300, is it not the processor/graphics type a newer/better ArmV7 chipset than the G300, which means it should have very little choppy/lagging problems compared to the G300!?...

Guest trueno2k
And what do you think of the Zopo Zp 300 ? Nice specs:

1GHz CPU, 4.5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) screen, 1GB RAM and 4GB ROM. See the full features of the phone here: http://www.chinaphon...opo-zp300-field

With all the shipping tax put on top of the sale cost to get it shipped to the UK makes it very expensive for what it's worth imo... So, unless you live in China, it's not worth getting it!...

• 3 months later...
Guest Markiv

Firstly would like to apologise for posting this about a completely different device, and have no problem if this eventually gets removed or locked, but I thought I let people know about this device!...

If anyone here is following the progress of this development for this device but has not took the plunge in getting one might wanna have a look at this one posted HERE ( I leave a quote of the OP at the bottom for a quick glance of the device ) started by Spokje about the subject device... However, it's still in its infancy stage where people are trying to get the root method & whatnot to work perfectly on XDA link HERE... Plus, is yet to see if this device is gonna get the needed development attention like the G300 has already gained so far...

EDIT: Expansys.com are stocking the SIM free EU version ( which comes with a UK adapter ) very shortly for 170.99£ and here is a link for your curious ones benefit HERE...

I think this device would be a great G300 alternative for you's who want that bit extra grunt & areal estate...

Well, that my 2pence worth!

Hi trueno2k, official ICS update for OT 995 is here for quite some time. Did you by any chance try updating it?