Alcatel OT-995

Guest Spokje

Guest Spokje

Alcatel OT-995

Alcatel-OneTouch-995-Android.jpg

This brand new baby from Alcatel seems to be the new 'Blade' in the smartphoneworld.

Specs:

• 4.3-inch WVGA screen
  • 480×800 resolution
  • 1.4GHz Qualcomm single-core processor
  • 5-megapixel camera w/ flash
  • 512MB of RAM

Only a few weeks released but the few reviews available are very promising.

Even a ICS update is promised by Alcatel.

Retail prices (in Holland) are 190-200 euro. Lots of bang for the buck. I hope the Android community will pick this one as fav for developing ROM's for.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest trueno2k

I was also checking this device out last night and I be very interested in getting one as well, but only if dev people are gonna be developing for this device!... There are already people on XDA working on getting a stable root method and so far initial attempts are looking promising :P ... Some people are getting successful root and others are having problems... Would be a nice upgrade for us Skate owners who want to not go below the 4.3" screen size & keep to a budget, and massive upgrade to all Blade owners...

EDIT: [Price change] Expansys has started selling the EU version (comes with UK socket plug adapter) for 170.99£ (link below), should also be sim-free...

http://www.expansys....r-black-232797/

EDIT: Was just wondering whether the screen overlay is made from glass or plastic? Cheers!...

Edited by trueno2k

• 2 months later...
Guest Markiv

I have bought this Mini monster. In India, a company called Relaince is rebranding the model as Reconnect 4301 for 250$.... Awaiting for ICS upgrade...

• 1 month later...