Photo

[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

* * * * * 25 votes

• Please log in to reply
1485 replies to this topic

96frozen

96frozen

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Hi konstat,

why you don't add the fix for video thumbnail preview?

it will be great! ;)

the fix is already in eco cm9, why bother fixing it here? Now cm10 would be the way to go

ROM: CM10 by KonstaT

CWM: GEN2 CWM 6.0.1.1 by Snap.IT

Thank all of the developers topics, rate them 5 stars, they are the people who are keeping your cellphone alive.

Thanks to KonstaT, Snap.IT, tilal6991, daemond, Ganster (this guy is specially awesome for fixing OMX on 4.x ROMS), burstlam and many others that I can't think of right now :D

bezerra

bezerra

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade

the fix is already in eco cm9, why bother fixing it here? Now cm10 would be the way to go

Because eco cm9 still miss some things.

96frozen

96frozen

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Because eco cm9 still miss some things.

what things? tell jventura and if he's in a good mood he'll try to implement those things you said or just simply make an add-on zip to replace to your needs.

If Ubuntu wasn't a pain in the ass in my computer, I'd be building roms too :b (ofc from konstat's sources), but to my likings and with the latest ganster patches and other great devs patches xD

Thank all of the developers topics, rate them 5 stars, they are the people who are keeping your cellphone alive.

Thanks to KonstaT, Snap.IT, tilal6991, daemond, Ganster (this guy is specially awesome for fixing OMX on 4.x ROMS), burstlam and many others that I can't think of right now :D

bezerra

bezerra

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade

what things? tell jventura and if he's in a good mood he'll try to implement those things you said or just simply make an add-on zip to replace to your needs.

I/O schedulers for example

96frozen

96frozen

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

I/O schedulers for example

if I recall the kernel in this cm9 build by konstat only has bfq and noop, just like eco cm9 and noop is a pretty good alternative to bfq, not that of a great improvement but good enough

96frozen

96frozen

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

if I recall the kernel in this cm9 build by konstat only has bfq and noop, just like eco cm9 and noop is a pretty good alternative to bfq, not that of a great improvement but good enough

I forgot to mention that eco cm9 does not have the menu to change the i/O schedulers but you can change the scheduler in the build prop

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3, Alcatel OT995

If Ubuntu wasn't a pain in the ass in my computer, I'd be building roms too :b (ofc from konstat's sources), but to my likings and with the latest ganster patches and other great devs patches xD

Then just install it in a virtual machine.

I'm curious though, what patches would you want to see added to KonstaT's sources that are not already in there?

96frozen

96frozen

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Then just install it in a virtual machine.

I'm curious though, what patches would you want to see added to KonstaT's sources that are not already in there?

its just the thumbnail fix, if someone could do a flashable zip with it I'd be glad. also, don't you lose performance on a vm while compiling?

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3, Alcatel OT995

its just the thumbnail fix, if someone could do a flashable zip with it I'd be glad. also, don't you lose performance on a vm while compiling?

I'm working with CWM 6.0.2.3 atm. I'll check that patch out later.

Well, the performance isn't all that great but OTOH if you need to do something power consuming on your computer you can just pause the VM and restart it when you're done.

If you have a dual core with at least 2GB's you will not have a problem letting it run in the background.

Not more than you'd have with just running it as a separate process in a Linux setup.

Edited by Snap.IT, 21 December 2012 - 12:17 AM.

96frozen

96frozen

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Well, the performance isn't all that great but OTOH if you need to do something power consuming on your computer you can just pause the VM and restart it when you're done.

If you have a dual core with at least 2GB's you will not have a problem letting it run in the background.

Not more than you'd have with just running it as a separate process in a Linux setup.

ok thanks, haven't heard "otoh" in a looooooong time :)

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

Snap.it, check this patch here in my github device_zte_blade https://github.com/j...eneration.patch

Apply it after applying the patch which fixes the video Hw decoding, with "git am 0001-xxx"

Edited by jventura, 21 December 2012 - 06:14 PM.

Surgat

Surgat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hi, I'm trying to flash this onto my ZTE Blade and I'm unable to boot the TPT image. I have now a Gingerbread ROM called Codename GingerX, and when I try to start my phone with Vol+ and Menu pressed and the image folder on every partition in my sdcard (Gen2 TPT, as my phone is European and sold with Froyo, Mr Pigfish confirmed it) I just get the android logo and then MIUI splash image. So, it boots right into the installed android instead of starting TPT to let me use CMW.

I have tried a different sd card and also Gen1-to-Gen2 TPT just in case; the former did the same and the latter gave error messages, as expected.

Anybody any ideas? Thanks in advance!

dendev

dendev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:ZTE blade

Hi, I'm trying to flash this onto my ZTE Blade and I'm unable to boot the TPT image. I have now a Gingerbread ROM called Codename GingerX, and when I try to start my phone with Vol+ and Menu pressed and the image folder on every partition in my sdcard (Gen2 TPT, as my phone is European and sold with Froyo, Mr Pigfish confirmed it) I just get the android logo and then MIUI splash image. So, it boots right into the installed android instead of starting TPT to let me use CMW.

I have tried a different sd card and also Gen1-to-Gen2 TPT just in case; the former did the same and the latter gave error messages, as expected.

Anybody any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Remove your battery for some seconds then put it back and retry.

Surgat

Surgat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
I did that every time I tried, for 30 secs... anything else?

doraft

doraft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
By now, I have tried out all of your roms (2.3.5, 4.0.4, 4.1.2 and 4.2.1). They are all good, but I have chosen to stay with this one (4.0.4), because it feels the smoothest and the quickest of them all. It is reasonably stable, lacks major problems and even has Youtube HQ, all this makes it suitable for everyday use.

Blade is getting old and with all these new phones coming out, it is really hard to keep up with them, but with your rom, Blade is not far behind and lives on.
Making roms can't be easy and must require lots of work, knowledge and time. So I would really like to thank you for the work you have done!

reedo_17

reedo_17

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Devices:Nexus4,Blade,CrescentY300MotoG
  • Twitter:@@Ollie_Reed17
Hi KonstaT
I know you aren't working on the ICS but i noticed on both of your jellybean roms updates (4.1.2 and 4.2.1), they both included this change:

backported USB gadget driver from msm-3.0 kernel (thanks to WaylandACE)
  • fixed native USB tethering
  • fixed issues with apps failing because of borked usb0 interface (e.g. network speedtest apps)
Is there any chance of you updating ICS with this change?

Edited by reedo_17, 02 January 2013 - 09:38 PM.

leripe

leripe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
Is there a way to modify default android keyboard settings, other than in the current settings. I personally dont like that it puts ":" right after a word like this "word:" even when i use space, and i would also like to remove the automatic space after the ":" mark.

Current phone:

S4 mini lte

Blade III

Blade I

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
No such settings, this is stock app. If you want settings, use custom keyboard app from Play Store (Smart Keyboard for ex.).

ZTE Blade with CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4 KitKat)

masterlud

masterlud

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Devices:Globul Z3 (ZTE Blade)
is there a way to work speedtest in this rom, because in CyanogenMod 10.1 work. but not here. only asking but I want answered if possible

leripe

leripe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

is there a way to work speedtest in this rom, because in CyanogenMod 10.1 work. but not here. only asking but I want answered if possible

try xtremelabs speedtest from play

Current phone:

S4 mini lte

Blade III

Blade I

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users