Well thanks for the offer and I'll deffo keep it mind as I like the vega and wish I'd kept my last one now. I'm hoping you can clear up a few things you've said.
1) How would the HDMI card cause a sound problem as surely the sound is processed elsewhere on the motherboard? Would connecting the vega to a tv help?
2) I'm struggling to see why a non original screen would make a difference. Being a PC engineer and dealing with PC graphic problems then surely its the same where its the graphics card/processor at fault and the screen is just a "display" of what the vega system outputs?
3)Didn't buy it for games really so not sure what games would help to test so can you recomend one or a test app from the market?
Still think this is not going to turn out well but I'll give it a try and if nothing then I'll let you have a look.
1. The dock connector/hdmi board suppies audio to the docks HDMI socket. When you plug the Vega into the dock the sound on the vega (including the headphone) is disabled and routed to the HDMI and the audo output on the dock. If the HDMI board is faulty it may be monopolizing the audio output so you get no sound. If it is the HDMI board at fault this is a relatively cheap part to replace compared to the motherboard. Off the top of my head it's about £18.
2. If you placed your PC monitor upside down you could use the settings in windows to correct the orientation (android is doing this with sensors so it knows how you are holding it) but when you boot the bios splash will still be upside down because monitor are supposed to be used just one way up (native). The LCD is the Vega is the same and works one way around. Trust me, I have fitted several patent LCD's to vega's in an attempt to find a better one. One of them at least was natively upside down when fitted, the NVflash message appeared at the bottom and upside down when flashing roms. I didn't test further because the LCD wasn't any better but for the short time I tried it everything worked fine except full screen youtube (upside down).
3. Testing with a game was just a suggestion for quick testing as you may have already had one installed. You can download accelerometer test apps from the play store so use on of them to see if yours is working.
Z-device test has one built in and also has some other useful tests included. https://play.google....evicetest&hl=en
Replacement Tablet Screens UK
I offer a friendly, UK Advent Vega repair service for hardware problems. Just PM or email me your requirements.
Replacement Touchscreens, LCD's and repair service for most Tablets.