General S3 questions :)

Guest Webreaper

Guest Webreaper

So I got the S3 yesterday. Very pleased with it, but have a couple of questions which I hope people might be able to help with:

1. Anyone know if it's possible to edit/remove the 'audio devices' list from the notification area when headphones are plugged in? I'd like to get rid of the default Samsung apps and replace them with my music player/podcast app.

2. I've installed the ICS Keyboard from the market, but while in use there seems to be a keyboard selection notification shown. I think this is Samsung's doing - anyone know if there's a way to turn it off?

Guest Gary Crutcher

So I got the S3 yesterday. Very pleased with it, but have a couple of questions which I hope people might be able to help with:

1. Anyone know if it's possible to edit/remove the 'audio devices' list from the notification area when headphones are plugged in? I'd like to get rid of the default Samsung apps and replace them with my music player/podcast app.

2. I've installed the ICS Keyboard from the market, but while in use there seems to be a keyboard selection notification shown. I think this is Samsung's doing - anyone know if there's a way to turn it off?

1. Don't know as I don't use music player

2. If you are referring the the small keyboard in the statusbar, it is a toggle in the code - I removed it in the ROM I posted as it was very annoying.

Guest Webreaper

Thanks for the quick response. Do you know if it's possible to remove entries from that list? For example, I disabled Game Centre from the Applications, but it still shows up in there. In fact, I'd like to remove that whole notification altogether.

Glad to know the notification can be removed. Sounds like I may have an excuse/reason to root/flash. :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Muloo

Hi all,not new on droid but on S3 yes

Here you have my phone spec. Can i install any Gary's ROM or do i need to wait for a XALF5 ROM

Thanks

post-972332-13422091563429_thumb.jpg

Guest Gary Crutcher

Hi all,not new on droid but on S3 yes

Here you have my phone spec. Can i install any Gary's ROM or do i need to wait for a XALF5 ROM

Thanks

post-972332-13422091563429_thumb.jpg

If your phone is the International version you can install my latest ROM (BLFB).

I will have a new one posted maybe this weekend (BLG1).

Guest Muloo

International means no simlock because mine is simfree? When i pluged it to kies its say at the end' lux ' as in luxembourg and i bought it in belgium.

In short, can i harm my SP if i install any of your ROMs.

Thanks

Guest Gary Crutcher

International means no simlock because mine is simfree? When i pluged it to kies its say at the end' lux ' as in luxembourg and i bought it in belgium.

In short, can i harm my SP if i install any of your ROMs.

Thanks

The international version is different than the USA and Canadian version - different CPU, etc.

If your actual model is an GT-I9300 or GT-I9300T my ROMs should work okay.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...