[ROM][ZTE Skate] Paranoid Android - CM9 - Tablet UI (15/12/2012)

Guest C3C0

Orange signal boost

Because I sue it quite regularly, I tried to put orange signal boost on this ROM. I used the one for the crescent assuming the two devices are close enough that it may work. And it seems to be working, just the notification icon is a bit small.

Just a heads up in case someone else is interested

Guest marko_serb

Hehe the same thing happened to me today :D Somehow nothing was selected as "GPS Source" :D So select internal, gps off -> on and it works. (I used iGO My Way)

Guest Schwedenbitter

Hehe the same thing happened to me today :D Somehow nothing was selected as "GPS Source" :D So select internal, gps off -> on and it works. (I used iGO My Way)

The problem with loosing GPS source was somehow fixed. But it is the first thing I'm checking if GPS doens't work proper after a ROM upgrade.

I was looking for iGO My Way in google play store but could not find it.

I hope Ganster41 can fix the color branding issue for some of the youtube videos. He's on to something

"Old"(for froyo?) has an unknown padding between color components parts of returning buffer. I have fixed that for most videos, but some strange resolutions are still gets broken colors with green line on top. "New" version are present in Samsung/LG devices, who has official Gingerbread ROMs. It returns correct buffer in dfferent color format(YV12, instead of NV21), but it laggy on VGA+ videos. Now don't know why. May be it convert resulting buffer to YV12 on CPU... I will try to understand it later.
but I think he needs some help to solve this issue.

Anyway, I would like to thank C3C0 for his PA rom, I'm using it now and I must say it's much more stabler than the JB rom of tilal (no disrespect ofcourse, but I got a permanent color branding on the homescreen of the trebuchet and it's lockscreen), with this ROM i didn't get any color branding whatsoever. If only the color branding in some of the youtube videos is fixed, this would be a much better alternative for CM7.2, CM7.1 or Gingerbread (2.3.x). I hope this can be achieved and I wish you all happy holidays and a great 2013.

This is my Christmas present for you all - this year's final release of the rom.

Enjoy.

Changelog 15/12/2012

- merged with the latest CM9 sources

- fixed YouTube reboots

- Hardware rendering settings:

Allows controlling of HW rendering individually for any application.

This is useful for applications having the "blank white screen"

bug (gmail, facebook, ...). Turning off HW rendering for these applications

eliminates the white screen bug. As a side effect, the application UI

will become a bit more laggy - feels almost like gingerbread.

It's also important to know that some apps might crash when HW rendering

is disabled for them. If reboot doesn't fix crashing then keep HW rendering enabled.

- added utilization of copybit to accelerate 2D rendering

- added definition files for atmel and focaltech touchscreens

(eliminates on-screen pointer on some devices)

- updated German and Spanish translations

- new gapps package with updated Play store

- possible to upgrade from previous build. Refer to upgrade instructions in the first post.

Edited by C3C0

Guest Schwedenbitter

Thank you very much for the new ROM!

If we don't hear from you until 2013, I even wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year.

Compatible volume boosted CM9 S3 kernel is now available in S Series kernel thread

As you can see, I'm a newbie.

What does that mean? Is this new kernel part of your paranoid ROM or do I need to download and install that kernel separately? If I'm satisfied with your ROM I don't need to install this kernel flavour, do I?

Guest omegavesko
Thank you very much for the new ROM!

If we don't hear from you until 2013, I even wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year.

As you can see, I'm a newbie.

What does that mean? Is this new kernel part of your paranoid ROM or do I need to download and install that kernel separately? If I'm satisfied with your ROM I don't need to install this kernel flavour, do I?

It's a kernel you flash separately to boost the volume. If you're satisfied with the normal sound levels, you don't need to flash this one.

Guest Schwedenbitter

It's a kernel you flash separately to boost the volume. If you're satisfied with the normal sound levels, you don't need to flash this one.

Thank you for this description. Sometimes I use my Skate as mp3 player. I was wondering why its so quietly. Now I know this.

Which one would I need to download?

I'm convinced S3 volume boosted would be good. But how about S4? It also says "S4 - JB Based ROMs (ColdfusionX2, JB ParanoidAndroid, ...)". Until I have Paranoid that could fit. I don't like to read all that 14 pages of that thread...

Guest marko_serb

Be careful when increasing the volume, my speaker died because of that ;) It could live longer if you cut out the lowest frequencies from ringtones (you can use goldwave or something like that and cut out everything below 100Hz or maybe more).

Guest omegavesko

Be careful when increasing the volume, my speaker died because of that ;) It could live longer if you cut out the lowest frequencies from ringtones (you can use goldwave or something like that and cut out everything below 100Hz or maybe more).

Good point. It could be useful for increasing the headphone volume, too.

Guest Anglobal

Thank you for this very good experience with this rom on skate. I tried over the weekend JB paranoid rom from blade that was made possible to install on skate, and it simply doesnt compare with this version in terms of speed, looks and lack of bugs. One thing I do miss is the speed at which 'recent apps' button responds. On this rom it takes from 4 to 7 seconds to show while on JB it is almost immediate. But that is not so important when compared with overall experience.

Anyway, Im interested in whether anybody has tried installing 4.2 android keyboard over this rom? I type a lot of e-mails and notes so Ive been using Swype but just find it painfully slow to load and switch languages. 4.2 keyboard is supposed to have the same (swipe) feature but I couldnt manage to make the keyboard operational. It just wont showup when selected.

I am not sure about the 4.2 keyboard since I've never tried it myself but I suppose it might work.

I use MultiLing keyboard which I find very good and customizable. Maybe you could try it.

Guest Anglobal

I am not sure about the 4.2 keyboard since I've never tried it myself but I suppose it might work.

I use MultiLing keyboard which I find very good and customizable. Maybe you could try it.

Thanks, I shall try it.

Guest omegavesko

I've tried the 4.2 keyboard on several ROMs and I don't think it works on any ROM. Has anyone managed to get it working?

Ah.. I see... I could try compiling one to be used with ics some day but I expect there are some api level and probably framework level incompatibilities that will prevent me from getting it to work.

C3C0, thanks for the update, it is nice and I am going to stay with this ROM for a bit.

However, it seems the latest update has broken the sync of picasa (google photos) in the gallery. I can see the number of pictures but not the pictures themselves. I have tried clearing everything I could think of but no results. It used to work in the previous ROM/Gapps.

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction and of course C3C0.

Hmm. Nothing changed in gapps that could be related to photo sync. I just updated play store, gmail and removed some unnecessary non-armv6 libs. I tried to upload pic to picassa and sync after that and it seems to be working. Anyone else having the same issue?

A little info on 4.2 keyboard. It's impossible to make it work as it requires some libs that are available for armv7 devices only.