[ROMs] [gen1/gen2] Various 2.3.x roms for ZTE Racer

Guest equiliym

Guest Mizahnyx

can you please try one rom before going into this? just for my curiosity tho, sorry, could you download and try my zte-wbs rom, im not sure what i used to build it but people said they had a working camera on it..

as for mtd9d113 driver, best choice is google and github i guess, if you can find the driver, you can integrate it with ease in your tree, edit few files to load it and thats pretty much that

You rock!!!

I did a system backup, flashed your rom, and then started up the phone. Everything that was problematic now is working. Accelerometer, camera, both working. And the wifi, that had a problem just before, now its working. Unlocking works like a charm too, no more fiddling 3-4 times until the unlocking widget becomes responsive.

But i have a hacker soul, and part of me wants to continue fiddling with the kernel and system apps... What if i put the boot.img of zte-wbs into the mokee zip?

What if later i pull the /proc/config.gz from zte-wbs to compile a new zImage? I have just complied one with the flags CONFIG_MT9D113=y and CONFIG_MT9D113_QTECH_SUNNY_SOCKET=y, those supposedly refer to my camera sensor....

Thanks to all you for the help!!! the zte-wbs boot.img will be my standard boot.img for a long time...

Guest equiliym

zte-wbs is an older project, i totally forgot what i did with that rom lol but yeah, you can try that boot.img on mokee.. it should work properly i think but you can also try moving some libs around too that are camera/codecs related

Guest Rahulsingh190

Equiliym can we use 4g on our phone because on day I saw 4g symbol near the network bars & our phone is 3.5 g which is early stage of 4g ...so can we use 4g on our phone..

Guest equiliym

racer doesnt have 4g afaik.. unless a modded or themed framework, there shouldnt be any 4g icons.. tho i think cm7 have 4g/wimax or whatever icons but none of those options are available for racer.. i might be wrong tho but i aint no tech so dunno

Guest Rahulsingh190

Equiliym can u port latest lewa for racer which will be released tomorrow for blade..I have difficulty changing anything in those roms because they are odexed

Guest Rahulsingh190

Equiliym plz forget About all gb rom ..but atleast can u make the network work on hc rom because in the post its written network is working for Gen 2 so why not Gen 1 plz can u make network work on Gen 1 honeycomb will really be good..

• 1 month later...
Guest Mizahnyx

Hi all!

I haven't been able to compile a kernel suitable to make my camera work. I'm actually using zte-wbs kernel inside cm-7-20120819-NIGHTLY-mooncake ROM. Everything works pretty well, but OpenGL apps. I'm using the example from https://code.google.com/p/android-native-egl-example/ as OpenGL testbed. Strangely, the 2 3D TRON clones from the app market are working fairly well, but neither the example nor any example from the RIM GamePlay library is working. Any hint?

Thanks in advance.

Guest mikeioannina

Hi all!

I haven't been able to compile a kernel suitable to make my camera work. I'm actually using zte-wbs kernel inside cm-7-20120819-NIGHTLY-mooncake ROM. Everything works pretty well, but OpenGL apps. I'm using the example from https://code.google.com/p/android-native-egl-example/ as OpenGL testbed. Strangely, the 2 3D TRON clones from the app market are working fairly well, but neither the example nor any example from the RIM GamePlay library is working. Any hint?

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried my RacerMod rom?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mizahnyx

Have you tried my RacerMod rom? http://www.modaco.co...45-rom-racermod

Thank you very much. Sorry for the delay...

Tried it, but it detected wrongly my phone as gen2. Didn't booted, so i entered recovery and installed my previous /boot image from backup. It booted this time, but nothing was displayed on screen. Plugging it to the cable and firing up adb logcat it showed a lot of egl errors. My current hypothesis is that egl 1.0 programas run without any incident but egl 2.0 programs have issues because there is probably no official egl 2.0 adreno driver for ZTE Racer...

Any hint on how can i get/compile the Adreno EGL drivers to make egl 2.0 apps run in my phone?

Thanks in advance.

Guest mikeioannina

Thank you very much. Sorry for the delay...

Tried it, but it detected wrongly my phone as gen2. Didn't booted, so i entered recovery and installed my previous /boot image from backup. It booted this time, but nothing was displayed on screen. Plugging it to the cable and firing up adb logcat it showed a lot of egl errors. My current hypothesis is that egl 1.0 programas run without any incident but egl 2.0 programs have issues because there is probably no official egl 2.0 adreno driver for ZTE Racer...

Any hint on how can i get/compile the Adreno EGL drivers to make egl 2.0 apps run in my phone?

Thanks in advance.

The egl errors probably appear because you use another kernel... you can try manually installing the gen1_boot.img which you will find inside the boot folder in the update.zip

Guest Mizahnyx

The egl errors probably appear because you use another kernel... you can try manually installing the gen1_boot.img which you will find inside the boot folder in the update.zip

It works! It works! I modified the install script in the zipfile, making it install only the gen1 kernel. Camera, OpenGL ES 2.0 and accelerometer are working. I tested it with the Native EGL demo, and it worked flawlessly. Thank you very much to the efforts of all developers here. You helped me to have a better ZTE Racer. Keep the good work! Now I can do some 3D development, finally.

P.S.: There is any way to calibrate the touchscreen's sensitivity? Its very difficult to type with the fingers alone now, I have to use the stylus...

Edited by Mizahnyx

Guest mikeioannina

It works! It works! I modified the install script in the zipfile, making it install only the gen1 kernel. Camera, OpenGL ES 2.0 and accelerometer are working. I tested it with the Native EGL demo, and it worked flawlessly. Thank you very much to the efforts of all developers here. You helped me to have a better ZTE Racer. Keep the good work! Now I can do some 3D development, finally.

P.S.: There is any way to calibrate the touchscreen's sensitivity? Its very difficult to type with the fingers alone now, I have to use the stylus...

There are some calibration options in Settings -> Device settings but they don't change much the result.

I'm going to include a second touchscreen driver in my next build which will hopefully reduce the touchscreen problems.

Guest equiliym

sorry for not showing any support guys, i left on a business trip outside my country and dont have a pc, using roommates laptop :( hope you guys get everything going o/

• 1 month later...
Guest equiliym

God damn it, where can i download ZTE 2.3 roms now?

you can check raceroms, i think that site still works.. im here mostly for support now since i disbanded all racer projects and probably wont do anything related because of this issue.. probably moving to nexus tablets and similar