PaulOBrien, on 03 July 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:
Here's what I did, and what happened...
- Flashed ICS from the official download from the Huawei site (dload dir) - OK!
- Flashed the vendor package from the official download from the Huawei site (vendor dir) - OK!
- Installed ADB drivers from the ISO mounted on the phone - OK!
- Ran 'unlockbootloader.exe' and clicked root - OK!
- Verified root - OK!
- Ran 'unlockbootloader.exe' and clicked bootloader - app closed on completion - OK!
- Started device in bootloader and fastboot flashed clockworkmod recovery - OK!
- Launched clockworkmod recovery - OK!
- Launched device normally with SIM inserted, got service and made call - OK!
That's what I call a success!
Next, make a MCR of B192 to go over the top with Chinese stuff removed and Google stuff added!
Hey Paul. Just did everything like you said, and everything worked fine! Superuser, bootloadUnlock and CWM installed with no problems! Now to flash gapps and everything is great !!!
MODACO RULES !
numptydumpty, on 04 July 2012 - 07:21 AM, said:
thanks for replies - not really bothered about unlocking the bootloader at the moment!
I've manually downloaded play v3.5.19.apk so will give that a go.....
should I run the vendor update.app? somebody said it wasn't required...
edit: hmmm the play store installs but won't run....
Try this ZIP which you will install through CWM !
Edited by djuroue, 04 July 2012 - 07:52 AM.