Help! phone stuck at android logo

Guest Ellis456q

Guest Ellis456q

Im on the chinese ICS, did a reboot and now stuck at the android shimmer logo, I tried clearing cache and wipe data via cwm and still the same, can I reinstall the chinese ICS via cwm?, I did that in android last time.

Guest Ellis456q

Hi yes tried that and didnt work, can I just stick the dload folder of the chinese ICS on my sdcard and flash that via cwm?.

Guest timfimjim

no you can not flash the official chinese update via CWM.

Try downloading a custom ROM such as MIUI (http://www.modaco.com/topic/355563-romics-miuiv4-274-for-the-huawei-ascend-g300last-updated-0407/)

Do not unzip the ROM file. Leave it as it is, and put it on your SD card. You can do this by mounting usb storage in CWM.

Wipe 'data / factory reset', wipe 'cache' and wipe 'dalvik cache' under advanced.

Now install zip from sd card and choose the ROM.

Let it install and then reboot phone.

Guest andy.hyde4

Initially mine took over 5 minutes to boot and now it works quickly just have a bit of patience if it takes over 10 minutes then there is something wrong.

Guest Ellis456q

Thanks all, ill try atomic mod, once I have that can I then go back to the chinese ICS iff I want to?.

Edited by Ellis456q

Guest timfimjim

DO NOT try atomicmod UNLESS you have downgraded back to an official gingerbread ROM (via downgrade method and UPDATE.APP).

If you are on Official Chinese ICS you can only use ROMs and mods made for that baseband and ROM.

If you install atomicmod then I don't think your phone will boot!!!

Edited by timfimjim

Guest anything-but

Ooooo yea,didn`t see that! Do NOT flash any gingerbread rom if you have updated with the chinese ics update. Guess try updating again with the ics uppdate.app,not sure if you`d have to re-root/bootloader unlock tho

....Bumer! I did read of someone on here that did what you just did,they re-flashed with the ics update.app and got everything back working (sure someone will remember the post as i`m in relaxed saturday mode,lol).

Edited by anything-but

Guest timfimjim

download this ROM http://www.modaco.com/topic/355617-ics-403-rom-htcmania-by-me/ or MIUI (posted a link earlier).

Boot into CWM and mount USB Storage. Put the ROM zip on your SD card.

now, on your phone, wipe factory / data, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache. Now install zip from SD card. Choose the ROM. Let it install, then reboot.

Be patient. First boots can take a long time.

Guest Rico_89

Couldn't he of just factory reset from CWM? That is before he installed GB rom over ICS.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest anything-but

Think he wanted to try a diff rom. Still,good job you had your imei backed up! Just ask if you need any more help,there`s always someone able to answer a q. :)

Guest anything-but

Found that if you have a iffy sd card,remove it and reconnect to the pc,upload the dload folder onto the phone and try again,know a couple of people that had probs updating from the sd card.

That and do the vol +/- and power on method too.

Edited by anything-but

Guest fr0do

Because it doesn't work like that. You flash it by putting it in a specific folder on your SD card and booting up holding down both volume buttons. Did you read the instructions? And not that the IMEI backup is specific to baseband... you need one for each to recover.

Guest anything-but

I kniow of someone who flashed the sd update way with the dload folder on the phone itself,tho i make you right you can`t vol -/+ with out the sd card.

Guest Ellis456q

Thankyou anything -but that worked!, now back on ICS chinese and all working ok, also didnt need to re input my imei worked after a reboot without it!.

Guest Rico_89

Thankyou anything -but that worked!, now back on ICS chinese and all working ok, also didnt need to re input my imei worked after a reboot without it!.

Glad it's good news for you.. :) Now make a nandroid backup asap heh :D .

Guest Ellis456q

Yes now ive tinkered with all this roms and such ill be making a backup asap defo, I dont know what broke my phone, the last thing I did was alter the heapsize on buildprop and before that install the battery icon mod so don't know if one of them caused it.

Guest anything-but

Good job! Yea,that`s pretty much how the user in that link i posted got it all sorted. Seconded about making a backup tho. :D