[JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 01/09]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest S3RiOUSS

Hey guys i have been away for a while now and come back and see that modified omx libs are here,finally!

Also i would just like to say thanks to Dazzozo and i am ready to use bugged CM10 then go back to that sluggish GB!

Edited by S3RiOUSS

Guest Test007

You know, the reason I had decided to "dive in myself" and upload the CM9 with the OMX stuff just slapped onto it was that I was ignorant of the work a dev like you is doing for our devices and I wanted impatient people to stop whining.

I did NOT and do not want to discredit your work by doing what I did, I just was, like many others impatient and didn't want to have to wait and see people constantly whining about it and I didn't think of the possible consequences.

I mean damn, you mad the entire device config from scratch.

Your work on CM7/CM9/AOKP/MIUI/AOSPFUSIONX/CM10 and the kind help and advice you have been giving to the community was really the only thing that has kept our phones alive for the last 6 months.

I appreciate all you have done so much that when I am done with Christmas shopping I'll in all likelihood donate something.

I really hope you won't be giving up this phone because of my and/or other peoples ignorance and/or impatience. There are so many patient and kind people on here,too.

I hope you understands the point I am trying to bring across[...]

And I thank you for above gbosh ;-) I know that our Crescent and many other devices based on ARM6 are oficially dead and no longer supported, however still many many people have Crescent for various reasons, which are not relevant at the moment. Please don't send these people to shop for new phones, maybe not all of them are so rich...maybe other reasons...I don't know and I don't really care. I use Crescent as my spare phone for example, because I live abroad and use this phone with SIM from my country. Anyway...I do not run the war with Dazzozo or anybody, just understand many impatient people because I myself belong to them ;-) I respect hard work Dazzozo with this ROM, but if someone else tried doing something...why not ? As I see for many people this phone will alive as long as possible and let it be...

And at this point I wanted to apologize everybody for big offtopic. For Dazzozo - man if you want still continuing your work I am sure that everyone here will be delighted.

Edited by Test007

Guest ruyzalim

And I thank you for above gbosh ;-) I know that our Crescent and many other devices based on ARM6 are oficially dead and no longer supported, however still many many people have Crescent for various reasons, which are not relevant at the moment. Please don't send these people to shop for new phones, maybe not all of them are so rich...maybe other reasons...I don't know and I don't really care. I use Crescent as my spare phone for example, because I live abroad and use this phone with SIM from my country. Anyway...I do not run the war with Dazzozo or anybody, just understand many impatient people because I myself belong to them ;-) I respect hard work Dazzozo with this ROM, but if someone else tried doing something...why not ? As I see for many people this phone will alive as long as possible and let it be...

And at this point I wanted to apologize everybody for big offtopic. For Dazzozo - man if you want still continuing your work I am sure that everyone here will be delighted.

i agree , i will be delighted and donate

Guest hazza78

Definitely time for me to ask Father Christmas for some money towards a Nexus 4, don't want to rely on hormonal teenagers to keep my phone up-to-date in the future (Definitely not counting Dazzozo in this category, thanks for all your efforts it was great whilst it lasted.)

Guest AmbushReality
Definitely time for me to ask Father Christmas for some money towards a Nexus 4, don't want to rely on hormonal teenagers to keep my phone up-to-date in the future (Definitely not counting Dazzozo in this category, thanks for all your efforts it was great whilst it lasted.)
That's a bit judgemental and uncalled for. If you don't want to rely on 'Hormonal Teenagers' to do stuff for you, why don't YOU care for YOUR phone yourself? If some 'stupid' teenagers can do it, you must be able to too right? Edited by AmbushReality

Guest Dazzozo

You going to pay me to put hours in to update your ancient hardware, then? Or just complain that you're not getting something that no one owes you.

Oh wait, that's precisely why I stopped doing builds. Carry on.

Guest hazza78

You going to pay me to put hours in to update your ancient hardware, then? Or just complain that you're not getting something that no one owes you.

Erm, no. I'm going to pay Google for this privilege.

Like I said, thanks for all the effort you put in - don't blame you for not wanting to carry on doing the seemingly impossible.

Guest Test007

Yeah...Congrats man ;-) Fortunately not all think like you...if it was, everyone would have the latest phone, but as I see roms for even older than Crescent machines are still released and developers do it not for money...Of course no one is perfect...Apparently users of Crescent phones demand too much from you...for free...Yes man, for free. Och...so you expect to be a millionaire ? What a rich idiots still read this topic and had hope for new builds...? Ech man... Anyway thank you for your hard work.

P.S. Maybe time to change your signature...ancient hardware not looking good there...

Edited by Test007

Guest Dazzozo

lmao wtf

People take donations. That's okay. People eventually get new devices. That's okay. I have done nothing wrong here but evidently you think you're owed something.

Guest robob95

Hi Dazzozo,

A good way to get paid for your job is to put you in touch with Free Mobile (if it is not already done) :

Free Mobile is one of the largest French telecommunications operator and Internet access provider.

Some functionality could probably be developped specifically for them :

For example, all subscribers (4 million) has access to a wifi network on any ADSL Freebox everywhere in France (Freewifi_secure, EAPSIM 802.1xEAP) : EAPSIM does not work on CM10.

Free Mobile is the only one selling the ZTE Blade S (Crescent) in France... and they sell a lot.

Free mobile probably appreciate a rom CM10 stamped "Free Mobile" for each Android phones they sell with this kind of functionality (EAPSIM Operational). They certainly could provide free phones to good developer and other things ...

And they certainly write better English than me :wacko:

Guest S3RiOUSS

First of all LOL!I cannot believe what this topic has become.I think that Crescent have much more potential still,its just up to dedication to make it possible.After reading mixed reactions and Dazzozzo's posts i am not sure if Crescent will get any new updates. :(

Guest rymate1234

Hi Dazzozo,

A good way to get paid for your job is to put you in touch with Free Mobile (if it is not already done) :

Free Mobile is one of the largest French telecommunications operator and Internet access provider.

Some functionality could probably be developped specifically for them :

For example, all subscribers (4 million) has access to a wifi network on any ADSL Freebox everywhere in France (Freewifi_secure, EAPSIM 802.1xEAP) : EAPSIM does not work on CM10.

Free Mobile is the only one selling the ZTE Blade S (Crescent) in France... and they sell a lot.

Free mobile probably appreciate a rom CM10 stamped "Free Mobile" for each Android phones they sell with this kind of functionality (EAPSIM Operational). They certainly could provide free phones to good developer and other things ...

And they certainly write better English than me :wacko:

I don't think they would care about what runs on the phones, as long as people buy them

Guest OuahOuah

Yeah, that's right lol

All mobile provider do not care about phones.

Specifically Free as it does sell only without long term paying.

Free sells the ZTE and that's all.

They only ask ZTE to put their boot anim at startup.

It's normal in my opinion.

Th emost guilty here are ZTE dev which, for example, does not release the phone camera driver :(

It stopped me from using this good port from dazzozo and switch back to FNC.

Anyway, thanks a lot daz, I was very happy with your CM10 port :) even if I don't use it anymore.

Keep ut your good work, on crescent or other devices and have a long and happy life man :)

Guest Test007

[...] I have done nothing wrong here but evidently you think you're owed something.

No Dazzozo ! No, no and again no !!! You are wrong...probably you not understood me...I just...trying (don't know why) to persuade you to continue your work because as I said most people still have Crescent devices and you know it. But OK, if you don't want continue...it is your decision and I respect it.

Guest robob95

I registered on this forum a few weeks to ask two questions :

1 - Is it possible to have the USB audio standard on Crescent with CM10 ?

2 - Is it possible to run the EAP SIM on Crescent with CM10 ?

I had abslolutely no answer. Finally, just this one :

?

First of all LOL!I cannot believe what this topic has become.I think that Crescent have much more potential still,its just up to dedication to make it possible.After reading mixed reactions and Dazzozzo's posts i am not sure if Crescent will get any new updates. :(

I understand now these mixed reactions.

I'll try other roms, bye.

Guest rymate1234

I registered on this forum a few weeks to ask two questions :

1 - Is it possible to have the USB audio standard on Crescent with CM10 ?

2 - Is it possible to run the EAP SIM on Crescent with CM10 ?

I had abslolutely no answer. Finally, just this one :

I understand now these mixed reactions.

I'll try other roms, bye.

I don't think the crescent has that capability with its USB port. Feel free to prove me wrong though :P

Also, you took those answers completely out of context - they had nothing to do with your question.

I dont know what is not explained hire ? Let me try this way ....Dazzozo have 3 (maybe more) devices and he is tired of playing with Crescent and that is it.Deal with it....

P.S. Dazzozo can you just tell that you are not interested/tired in developing any new roms for Crescent , instead of just telling us some kid storyes how someone/somehow was inpatiend and asked you too many questions and now you are insulted by his behavior and all that .... 50 people apologized and asked you to continue your work and help us and you are still insulted by few of them for imaptience ? Yea,right...

Guest rymate1234

I dont know what is not explained hire ? Let me try this way ....Dazzozo have 3 (maybe more) devices and he is tired of playing with Crescent and that is it.Deal with it....

P.S. Dazzozo can you just tell that you are not interested/tired in developing any new roms for Crescent , instead of just telling us some kid storyes how someone/somehow was inpatiend and asked you too many questions and now you are insulted by his behavior and all that .... 50 people apologized and asked you to continue your work and help us and you are still insulted by few of them for imaptience ? Yea,right...

As far as I know I think he is still doing development for the Crescent, but no more CM builds. A lot of improvements between my two PA builds was due to changes Dazzozo did in the device config (i.e. new kernel).

Guest Test007

rymate1234 are you his lawyer or something ? Anyway what a development is without new builds and where people can see any results ? On His machine ? So...please stop kidding me and one more time I wanted to ask Dazzozo about new builds. Dazzozo can you confirm, that you definately don't want release new builds for Crescent ? Good to see clear situation...

There's no big difference betweem developing and bringing out builds and making no build as it's very easy to build Cm10 from source.

Also he doesn't owe anyone new builds.

Guest Test007

Yeah...indeed very easy...I'm sure that is many many things which are not easy for you or you need time for learning how to do, so...this is the same situation. There are hundreds reasons why people can't made builds from source, but I just wanted know if Dazzozo definately don't want release new builds. Of course he doesn't owe nothing anyone, but everybody know that he have experience, so he know how to do professional...As I said before - I don't expect miracle, but could be very nice to see new build which contain latest CM improvements from time to time...that's all.