BBC iPlayer on the N7?

Guest Zarch1972

Guest Zarch1972

Paul, what is the problem out of the box? is it Flash?

A pal of mine is getting a N7 and is unlikely to go down the rooting/rom route, so anyway of getting it to work for him on stock?

Ta.

Guest PaulOBrien

Jr4 now online!

Out of the box - no flash, flash not visible in market, only preinstalled browser is Chrome.

He can manually install flash, another browser (Dolphin?) or the iPlayer app from APK and that'll probaby work...

P

Guest stevenixon

I can confirm that side loading both flash and the iplayer apks works perfectly. The app behaves like the phone version (proper app) instead of dumping you out to the website.

Guest Spoke

Didn't work for me. Flash is working in Firefox but iPlayer just throws me to the browser & says my phone is not supported.

Which apk for iPlayer did you use?

Edited by Spoke

Guest diamondgar

Didn't work for me. Flash is working in Firefox but iPlayer just throws me to the browser & says my phone is not supported.

Which apk for iPlayer did you use?

Try the Auora build of firefox from their website, Iplayer works for me using that. Couldnt get it to work in the other browsers i tried or an iplayer apk i tried although maybe a different version of the iplayer apk might work, the version i tried just sent me to the web site and said my phone is not compatible.

I wasnt planning on rooting, but i think getting a more stable browser with flash plus a couple of other niggles mean i will do at some point.

Guest Spoke

Try the Auora build of firefox from their website, Iplayer works for me using that. Couldnt get it to work in the other browsers i tried or an iplayer apk i tried although maybe a different version of the iplayer apk might work, the version i tried just sent me to the web site and said my phone is not compatible.

I wasnt planning on rooting, but i think getting a more stable browser with flash plus a couple of other niggles mean i will do at some point.

Thanks - Aurora worked for me though it does seem to crash more than other browsers.

Guest putbinoot

Spent 2 quid on myPlayerPro to stream free view channels and it works well with no flash for those who don't want to put it on. Not as good as iPlayer or 4od etc but gets you live TV if that's all you want.

Guest Bananastall

Tried for a few hours to get iplayer to work on my nexus but no joy, i'm a newbie to the techspeak, sideload? jb browser?

not really sure how to get the iplayer apk when i am in the aurora firefox app so could some kind soul hold my hand and talk me through this

thanks

nick

Guest Bananastall

no still stumped

which apk do i grab? the flash one? and which version

sorry for being slow but i have a very limited understanding of what i am doing - coincidentally that's true in many other areas of my life :(

• 4 weeks later...
Guest trishmac

Jr4 now online!

Out of the box - no flash, flash not visible in market, only preinstalled browser is Chrome.

He can manually install flash, another browser (Dolphin?) or the iPlayer app from APK and that'll probaby work...

P

I've done this..still have to clear the cache after each watched video, but other than that..working ok :) x

Is there a way of watching sideloaded BBC iplayer shows on the Nexus 7 without having to strip DRMs or convert the WMV into something else?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest masterpfa

After changing my original Nexus 7, under warranty, I have resisted rooting this device for the meantime.

I have managed to sideload Flash and the iPlayer apk. As a secondary browser I am using Boat browser which supports flash along with the feature to always display Desktop sites within the settings.

I would have loved to install stock Google web browser but it seems root is needed for this.

• 3 weeks later...