C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
CyanogenMod settings / tablet tweaks.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

nacsrio

nacsrio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
Flash in cwm, wipe caches, reboot.
for a dummy question, its only put the file md5 in card, go to cwm and wipe caches? to install???
sorry my question, but i am new at this, and did not want to do crap.
I really liked this rom and I want to install.
thanks

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
You flash updates the same way it is written
in the first post. But don't wipe data and don't format system. Just wipe cache and advanced / dalvik cache after you do "install zip from SD card " (or before - makes no difference)

If you want to fresh install the rom exactly follow instructions in the first post

Edited by C3C0, 31 July 2012 - 06:58 PM.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

nacsrio

nacsrio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
sorry bug of my neurons, already ok.
thanks

Edited by nacsrio, 31 July 2012 - 09:31 PM.

lawmak

lawmak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Thanks Ceco:

I configured soft keys in CyanogenMod settings / tablet tweaks, but they didn't show up.

sui785

sui785

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus, ZTE Blade II, 2x
  • Twitter:@silent785

Thanks Ceco:

I configured soft keys in CyanogenMod settings / tablet tweaks, but they didn't show up.

Did you reboot?

lawmak

lawmak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I rebooted twice and soft keys still couldn't find the soft keys.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Note that these are not the real soft keys. No GB ROM is able to have real soft keys. This is just the status bar ones.
If they don't appear in the status bar then this means that MIUI devs removed them from SystemUI...
Nothing I can do about it...

Edited by C3C0, 01 August 2012 - 11:31 AM.

lawmak

lawmak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Thanks Ceco :(

nacsrio

nacsrio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Thanks C3C0,
I can not calibrate the sensor proximity when I make or receive calls is always on the screen.
would improve the language, because the programs are only in English (but this is less bad, not very important).
the rest of this wonderful, being a room quickly.
good work and improvements for this to be one of the best

Edited by nacsrio, 01 August 2012 - 07:10 PM.

donk165

donk165

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Honor (u8860)
Running this ROM at the moment, great work once again C3C0! I prefer this over Mokee OS because the extra parts are much more customisable and the text message overlay is much smoother and without glitches, I've replaced the launcher with LauncherPro because I've never liked the MUMI launcher. I couldn't work out how to look at all apps and its pretty sluggish.

I think this will be my permanent OS until CM9 gets HQ YouTube, which will probably be never :D.

joba69

joba69

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
Hi, have the same problem. I fix it with installing the following patch in cwm:

http://www.mediafire...45duzb6tmyu4a16

Unzip you get 2 files .. i use "proxi_update.zip"
After apply the patch everything works as expected... :-)

PS: C3C0.. thank you very much this is a really cool rom .. and shold be maintained definitly :-D

Thanks C3C0,
I can not calibrate the sensor proximity when I make or receive calls is always on the screen.
would improve the language, because the programs are only in English (but this is less bad, not very important).
the rest of this wonderful, being a room quickly.
good work and improvements for this to be one of the best

Edited by joba69, 03 August 2012 - 09:19 AM.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
What about calibration in Settings / Device settings ? Doesn't it work? It did for me.

joba69

joba69

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

What about calibration in Settings / Device settings ? Doesn't it work? It did for me.

Unfortunatley calibrating does not work for me. When i try to calibrate, it seems that it does something and came up with "sensor calibrated message" but never worked for me until i apply the patch above..

I have another problem. If i set fontsize to a different value than normal .. for example "extra small" .. the setting does not survive a reboot... so i have to go to the menu again and change the default fontsize to my favorite setting again....

Also it´s a bit laggy as you said in your first post... is it possible to try a different kernel for this rom ? S3 or evilmotive ...?

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
S3 is already there. Lagginess is not kernel related. It's theme related. Richer graphics == slower rendering.
Font issue - yeah I know about it and quickly looked into it during porting but haven't found a quick solution, unfortunatelly.

joba69

joba69

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

S3 is already there. Lagginess is not kernel related. It's theme related. Richer graphics == slower rendering.
Font issue - yeah I know about it and quickly looked into it during porting but haven't found a quick solution, unfortunatelly.

What about the following parameters ... could they help to speedup ? ..i see that some of them are allready set in build.prop file ...but some not:

windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=275
windowsmgr.support_rotation_270=true
persist.sys.use_dithering=1
debug.performance.tuning=1
video.accelerate.hw=1
debug.sf.hw=1
ro.media.enc.jpeg.quality=100
ro.media.enc.hprof.vid.fps=65

Edited by joba69, 03 August 2012 - 10:30 AM.

stiefanu

stiefanu

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate
Try the Miui launcher from the market, it's a bit less laggy and it can be themed, too.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

What about the following parameters ... could they help to speedup ? ..i see that some of them are allready set in build.prop file ...but some not:

windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=275
windowsmgr.support_rotation_270=true
persist.sys.use_dithering=1
debug.performance.tuning=1
video.accelerate.hw=1
debug.sf.hw=1
ro.media.enc.jpeg.quality=100
ro.media.enc.hprof.vid.fps=65

max_events_per_sec should be kept lower. . 60 is enough.
All other performance tweaks are already in my build.prop and are tweaked for the best results. You might be getting a placebo :)
Btw, use_dithering is the same as setting the Dithering option in CM Settings/performance

joba69

joba69

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
@C3C0 thank you for explanation :-)

placebo might not be the badest thing :-D

I test some perfomance settings right now .. . i change some animation settings and simmilar stuff ..change the launcher ...and performance is okay for now :-)
But the issue with proximity is strange ... first off all it is not working for me ...than i apply the patch as described before .... and it is working if i call someone ...but if i receive a call ..it is not working ...screen is on during the call... i asume that screen switch off if i answer the call .. but it does not ..

i workaround now with an app called "proximity_screen_off" ..so i get proximity working ..when receiving calls or when i call someone else ...

hmm :-(

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
There is also a setting that keeps the screen on during the call.
Check if it is not turned on by accident

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users